Whats your absolute ESSENTIAL GADGET / NEW THING you'll be bringing?

Jacko45

3 hours ago, dcsessions said:

I've got a giant tub of SIS for cycling. It might be slightly different to the tablets. But I do also use it for hangover prevention. It works pretty well. As others have said, it's essentially sugar and electrolytes. I often pair it with a banana as well. I just use 75% of the mixing strength they recommend as the 100% can be a bit sickly.

PXL_20230427_074540006.jpg

Bananas and berocca was what I took last time, but didn't think the berocca changed much in how I felt. That's a big tub tho! 1.6kg! That's either plenty of cycling or plenty of partying 😉

18 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Think it was something other than Berocca. Think I found it. 

This - 

image.png.c588f6b1da246de8e1e88ce20fd8e27f.png

I use these exact tablets for sticking in my water after a run to save spending money on sports drinks. Tried having one with a pint of water before bed on a couple heavy nights out and I have to say they seem like they help the next day. Don't taste too bad either.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Mentioned this previously, but if you're going bananas for 5 days electrolytes are good idea before, during and after. One a day might not be enough.

Yup, I massively upped how much I took them last year and felt a hundred times better in the week following the festival. A large portion of the time, dehydration is the reason you feel so shite after overindulging (as well as the hot weather + constant walking and dancing around) so really good idea to keep your salts topped up. 

20 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

A large portion of the time, dehydration is the reason you feel so shite after overindulging 

I noticed a massive difference in post festival recovery once I stopped drinking alcohol and kept well hydrated during the event

Edited by Skip997

I only have perhaps 4 or 5 beers a day at glastonbury,  and make an effort to throw in a decent amount of soft drinks/water too - that way i pretty much dont have to deal with hangovers. i dont drink on the sunday at all so the drive home on monday will be as reasonable as possible as well. Its made recovery and energy levels during the festival and after much, much easier. I also remember far more and don't have to wee so much during sets 😄 

i do spend more on cakes and sweet stuff in order to pep me up after the headliners though, those footlong cola fizzy cables are pretty much irresistible - if you see someone in cabaret/circus around midnight/1am snarfing down a couple of ft, itll be very likely to be me 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, johnny-yen said:

I can’t believe how middle class all these replies are. From pizza ovens to coffee percolators!!

All I’ve bought is a new fabric conditioner bottle for my midnight pisses in my tent. 

Jeez, fabric softener? Round my way we just use baking soda and a reed carpet beater.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

2 hours ago, johnny-yen said:

I can’t believe how middle class all these replies are. From pizza ovens to coffee percolators!!

All I’ve bought is a new fabric conditioner bottle for my midnight pisses in my tent. 

Tent! You have a tent! I just sleep in a long drop. No need for a fabric conditioner bottle when I need a piss either.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, johnny-yen said:

You go to bed very early at the festival. You are missing so much whilst pissing in your tent at 12am. Still, you do you. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2023 at 3:45 PM, balti-pie said:

I only have perhaps 4 or 5 beers a day at glastonbury,  and make an effort to throw in a decent amount of soft drinks/water too - that way i pretty much dont have to deal with hangovers. i dont drink on the sunday at all so the drive home on monday will be as reasonable as possible as well. Its made recovery and energy levels during the festival and after much, much easier. I also remember far more and don't have to wee so much during sets 😄 

i do spend more on cakes and sweet stuff in order to pep me up after the headliners though, those footlong cola fizzy cables are pretty much irresistible - if you see someone in cabaret/circus around midnight/1am snarfing down a couple of ft, itll be very likely to be me 

*  adds fizzy cola bottles to the list *

6 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Most stuff from mountain warehouse is.

It's really worth spending large on outdoor gear

Doesn't even have to be too expensive - Decathlon prices are generally only slightly above Mountain Warehouse for their own brand stuff, but they generally make good quality competent products. For tents specifically, I'm fully on board the Fresh & Black train and can't comprehend that there's still people out there buying something else.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, incident said:

Doesn't even have to be too expensive - Decathlon prices are generally only slightly above Mountain Warehouse for their own brand stuff, but they generally make good quality competent products. For tents specifically, I'm fully on board the Fresh & Black train and can't comprehend that there's still people out there buying something else.

100%

My only regret is I bought mine after Glastonbury 2019!

11 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

Much easier to strap on the back / or bottom of a backpack though no?

good point, think I've just remembered a friend of mine helped attach it to my backpack last year when I'd been carrying it around under my arm... still kind of a camping novice!!

will have to test that out soon to make sure I'm remembering right otherwise I want to get a new bag for it.

edit: I also remember losing some stuff out of the top of it when I was carrying it on its side, I was actually going down the escalator on the London Underground and loads of the tent pegs fell out as there's no zip. it was stressful to say the least lol

Edited by svphie