Whats your absolute ESSENTIAL GADGET / NEW THING you'll be bringing?

Jacko45

7 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

Another one for those tent camping more so but really for anyone attending, packing a bit lighter. 

These work great on a small camping stove, brilliant toasties.

614-E62ZHJL._AC_SL1400_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ridgemonkey-CLASSIC-SANDWICH-TOASTER-STANDARD/dp/B0BSNT14LQ/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3SR6SYD260QT2&keywords=ridgemonkey+pan&qid=1678966676&s=kitchen&sprefix=ridg%2Ckitchen%2C128&sr=1-6

Have one at home. Brilliant quick lunch toy

On 3/13/2023 at 5:40 PM, dondo said:

There's this one that looks like it but more wheelbarrow like.

go_511152_a.jpeg

I used to be Team Wheelbarrow until I hit a muddy year at a festival, the problem is all the weight is on that one wheel, it just sank in and wouldn't shift. I ended up having to pull it, better with the weight shared across more wheels.

• Upvote 1

On 3/13/2023 at 5:40 PM, dondo said:

There's this one that looks like it but more wheelbarrow like.

go_511152_a.jpeg

Mr CG and I have this, without all of the fancy bags on. The sides and front are adjustable. We put some lightweight plywood on the base and used bungess. As long as the heavy stuff is at the front, it's very light to lift and steer. And it all packs down to fit in the car. 

On 3/16/2023 at 3:04 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Any collapsible basin recommendations?

Recommend something like the following over collapsible. Easily shoved in a back pack with all your clothes. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tubtrug-Flexible-5L-Mini-Shallow/dp/B008XX9WR8/ref=sr_1_10?crid=CF3NG89XT3AO&keywords=tubtrug+5l&qid=1679235688&sprefix=tubtrug+5l%2Caps%2C70&sr=8-10

On 3/18/2023 at 12:47 PM, Gnomicide said:

I used to be Team Wheelbarrow until I hit a muddy year at a festival, the problem is all the weight is on that one wheel, it just sank in and wouldn't shift. I ended up having to pull it, better with the weight shared across more wheels.

Eek. You would've thought a barrow would be ideal, but I suppose if the mud gets that deep it becomes an issue 😬

On 3/13/2023 at 1:01 PM, maelzoid said:

They are a nightmare to clean. I use one for running all the time and often add electrolyte to the water which seems to encourage mould.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hydration-Bladder-Cleaning-Flexible-Collapsible/dp/B096MT8R4L/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=Camelbak+Cleaning+Kit&qid=1678712418&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

This or similar is a must if you want to go the bladder route.

Hydrapak bladders are the best that I’ve found. The top of them open completely so you can flip it inside out to clean and dry properly. 

Hydrapak FORCE? - Mammoth Grey https://amzn.eu/d/i9SkAe0

2 hours ago, PassingCloud said:

That sounds like a recipe for death. 

2019 walking through one of the campsites late at night, one tent suddenly went up in flames from one of these. They had left the door slightly open and the wind caught it and blew onto to the heater. 
very scary moment trying to get other people to wake up and get out of there tents or literally pulling tents away from the flames.  

15 minutes ago, lmaltby1001 said:

2019 walking through one of the campsites late at night, one tent suddenly went up in flames from one of these. They had left the door slightly open and the wind caught it and blew onto to the heater. 
very scary moment trying to get other people to wake up and get out of there tents or literally pulling tents away from the flames.  

Scary. Hopefully OP takes note and takes a blanket instead! 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, UEF said:

Gas tent heater. A resolution made, I think, on the first night of Glasto 2022. You can wear as many clothes as you like, but if your face is so cold it keeps you awake, I don't like it. 

I can recommend a hot water bottle. Old school but works. But 2022 wasnt that cold. Are you going to bed cold? Possibly the most mummish comment I have ever typed on here.

Edited by giantkatestacks