Line Up Announced

CaledonianGonzo

Feels like 90% of this forum would feel the exact opposite way they do if they just added Pulp and The Prodigy. Can't you just go to their gigs if they're the two artists you all want to see?

Personally I'm buzzing. Lots of my faves I'm already going to/have been to see them recently (Carly Rae Jepsen, Lizzo, Young Fathers, Weyes Blood) but there's loads of others that I'm buzzing about: CHVRCHES, Fred Again, Lana Del Rey, Lil Nas X, Rina Sawayama, Sparks, The Chicks, Cat Stevens.

For me personally, this is an incredible line-up and I'm v excited!

Edited by churlie100
Said buzzing twice like I'm a fucking bee or something

Just now, TGCarr said:

Mum's Motown playlists over the years make me excited when anyone like this pops up in the UK.

Hundred per cent. Go see these people while you still can - luckily Glastonbury has been very kind in delivering such acts to us over the years

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yes. But they're not a new name to anyone who's been keeping their ear to the ground.  We can still expect them to be there.......unless they've cancelled or something.

Yes, sure there's a reason why they've been held back. 

I was replying to someone asking if I'd added them to the list on my post as they weren't showing on Guardian anymore.

I expect they will be there too. 

I totally get why people might feel a little underwhelmed. But there's still 30+ artists to be announced even just to bring us up to the usual number for first poster drop!

For me it's really brought home that I'm actually going to Glastonbury for the first time. And Lana headlining Other against GnR is an absolute dream situation.

Also v excited for CRJ, Kelis, Manics, Weyes Blood, and loads more.

I'm happy, already discovered acts I must see (Sudan Archives 100% my sort of thing), favourites I've yet to see (The War on Drugs, Cat Stevens, Candi Staton, Lana Del Rey) and some old favourites I've seen plenty of times but will be there again (Elton, Tinariwen, Sparks, Amadou & Mariam)

Just came on to say Phoenix AND Hot Chip 💃💃💃. I mean I've seen them both loads but still YEY!

But also:

9 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

This is only a fraction of the total lineup so based on that I'm delighted.

So far I have (people I'd like to see, won't do em all):

Elton and GnR, Lizzo, Blondie, Candi Staton, Carly Rae Jepsen, Ezra Collective, Hot Chip, Leftfield, Manics, Phoenix, Sparks, Texas, Lana del Ray, Thundercat, Sudan Archives, Young Fathers

Great start!

all of the above (apart from GnR ha).

GREAT line up!

Moaners gonna moan 🙄

I think it's definitely weaker than last year for me. Doesn't feel worth the extra £55, each to their own though.

Feel like they didn't have to book Guns n Roses. Especially when you've got acts like Beyonce, the 1975, Florence and the Machine and Harry Styles touring at the same time. All worthy headliners. Can't imagine it was down to money either because Guns n Roses charge a killing.

I'll most likely aim to see Lizzo, Carly Rae Jepsen, Rina Sawayama, Lil Nas X and obviously Elton. Possibly will consider Chvrches, Maggie Rogers, Måneskin and Lana Del Rey depending on clashes.

I think for me this isn't as strong as I would've hoped, especially the headliners. There's been some great acts announced at other festivals (Bleachers, F+TM, Muna to name a few) and I was really hoping to see more of them popping up...

Interested that Goldfrapp listed as Alison Goldfrapp.... Acoustic? Anyway.... here’s what I’ve got to look forward to, excluding any I haven’t heard of but May love after a listen....

GnR

Elton

Lizzo

Alison Goldfrapp

Blondie

Christine and the Queens

Chvrches

Fatboy (obvs)

Lana Del Ray

Lewis Capaldi

Manics

Sparks

Texas

Young Fathers

Cat Stevens

I'm really happy with this first list. Loads there I want to see, and loads I know I probably won't see due to painful clashes - and this is just the start. Properly excited about Lizzo into GnR, which is not a sentence I ever thought I'd say...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Better than last year on undercard for me, headliners bar Elton suck but overall I like it

i'm struggling to justify the ticket price for those acts.