Line Up Announced

CaledonianGonzo

There's enough there for me to enjoy, but I always knew this year would pale compared to last year with regards to my personal taste. There was just so much I wanted to see last year (I missed about 10 acts due to clashes) that the numbers game means it was inevitable. 

But I suspect this is the post Covid effect. So many acts were touring last year after two years off, not only on festival bills but in terms of gigs in general, that it was an anomaly in terms of line-ups and now we're experiencing the hangover.

2 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

The seeming weakness is a post-pandemic thing. Things roared back last year, and inevitably, a lot of people are taking a break this year

Think you're right there. I know there's more to come but makes me realise what an epic year it was last year. The atmosphere after being away from the pandemic really was electric. Feel so lucky to have been there

i see emily hopes to avoid flack by blaming her bad booking choice onto someone else with a ridiculous story, if she doesn't book women to headline she always has a pipeline problem.

Elton, Lizzo, Blondie, Carly Rae, Chvrches, Fatboy Slim, Fever Ray, Fred Again, Kelis, Lana, Leftfield, Loyle, Manic Street Preachers, Nova Twins, Phoenix, Rina Sawayama, Slowthai, Sudan Archives, Texas, The Chicks, The War on Drugs, Thundercat, Warpaint, Weyes Blood, Young Fathers.

I'm stoked. Not sure I understand the negativity but different strokes for different folks. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Just now, BenG92 said:

Elton, Lizzo, Blondie, Carly Rae, Chvrches, Fatboy Slim, Fever Ray, Fred Again, Kelis, Lana, Leftfield, Loyle, Manic Street Preachers, Nova Twins, Phoenix, Rina Sawayama, Slowthai, Sudan Archives, Texas, The Chicks, The War on Drugs, Thundercat, Warpaint, Weyes Blood, Young Fathers.

I'm stoked. Not sure I understand the negativity but different strokes for different folks. 

I'm really excited! Plenty for me already and I know more will come. Already mentally planning my weekend.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I do wonder if Pulp might have asked to be held back given yesterday's news (I know he wasn't playing with them but out of respect). Am I massively clutching at straws?! 

I don't think you are. I don't even think that they would have needed to be asked. My guess is Glasto HQ may have taken the decision because it would seem dreadfully crass and possibly tainted the announcement. They are then primed to top-line the next big announcement in a few weeks.

• Upvote 2

Just now, maelzoid said:

I don't think you are. I don't even think that they would have needed to be asked. My guess is Glasto HQ may have taken the decision because it would seem dreadfully crass and possibly tainted the announcement. They are then primed to top-line the next big announcement in a few weeks.

Hope so! 

8 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

Guardian have had a stinker here. I reckon they kept QOTSA back for next poster drop and they’ve published them under impression they will be included in this one.

They would have published the list the festival gave them.