KISS

Neil

17 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

One of the most overrated awful bands ever to walk the planet. Utter pathetic joke that tired 30 years ago. 

Who actually still finds that fucking makeup funny? Shit songs and the singer is a complete knob. 

Simple rightwing Americans love them though. 

Each to their own.

🤣 

excellent ranting. Overrated? i dont know if anyone rates them, they've always been very deeply uncool and ripped apart by the press. I couldnt call them overrated. I find the make up funny, its nonsense, its exactly what the band are all about - a layer of lacquer painted on to a very old millionaire, to pretend to be something else for an hour or two. 

And i think you're being very harsh on Paul Stanley there, who seems like a thoroughly good egg. Agreed that obviously Gene is a fucking idiot, not even i could argue against that 😁 he aint the singer though (nitpicking, i know!)

Edited by balti-pie

16 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

One of the most overrated awful bands ever to walk the planet. Utter pathetic joke that tired 30 years ago. 

Who actually still finds that fucking makeup funny? Shit songs and the singer is a complete knob. 

Simple rightwing Americans love them though. 

Each to their own.

12 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Not. A. Fucking. Chance. I'd prefer it if they closed the Pyramid at 9pm and we all stood in silence watching the Water Aid advert on loop for two hours. Absolute abomination of a band. If they were headlining in my back garden I'll close the curtains.

So, it's a no from me.

I have to say these replies have tickled me no end 😄 Absolutely no danger of you guys being on the fence with this one, brutal 😄 

37 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Not. A. Fucking. Chance. I'd prefer it if they closed the Pyramid at 9pm and we all stood in silence watching the Water Aid advert on loop for two hours. Absolute abomination of a band. If they were headlining in my back garden I'll close the curtains.

So, it's a no from me.

What you wouldn't even go in the back garden to throw bottle of piss at them? 

The only funny thing about this idea, which clearly would go nowhere, would be if those chumps the bookies picked up on it. 

9 minutes ago, Neil said:

I haven't seen previous acts get the flack I expect gnr to get. 

Well I guess we'll just have to wait and see but at the moment, yours is the only extreme reaction I've seen.  I expect the announcement will be received much the same way as Metallica, The Who etc. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, stuie said:

I expect the announcement will be received much the same way as Metallica, The Who etc. 

they're a much worse booking so will get more flack i expect.

17 minutes ago, clarkete said:

What you wouldn't even go in the back garden to throw bottle of piss at them? 

The only funny thing about this idea, which clearly would go nowhere, would be if those chumps the bookies picked up on it. 

I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

Expect Somerset Live to have KISS rumoured within the hour...

4 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Absolute weapon. Waited for Ronnie James Dio to pass away then tried to trademark the "Devil's Horns" gesture. I cannot contain my contempt for KISS, and this man in particular

Dio was an arsehole too for trying to trademark it in the first place 

Here is the back cover of an album from 1969, years before Rainbow's first album:

The Lazarus Pit: Coven's Witchcraft Destroys Minds and Reaps Souls -  Decibel Magazine

2 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Struggling to see much difference between Kiss and GnR, both comedy acts IMO, be better off getting Spinal Tap, they'd be much cheaper.

Glastonbury has had Spinal Tap I think. 

You're about right, but kiss managed to do more than one album. 

2 hours ago, Neil said:

I haven't seen previous acts get the flack I expect gnr to get

1 hour ago, Neil said:

they're a much worse booking so will get more flack i expect.

No problems with you not liking them / wanting them to play from me, but the above read like you are fully expecting that they will actually play?