KISS

Neil

4 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Of those 100m there were was it 160k in the UK?

They were presumably mostly decades ago. 

I'm not disputing they have a fan base, but I am disputing the idea that they should get a headline slot when the majority of the audience don't know most of their tunes and are expected to go away and do their revision first 😊

Yep the idea of them headlining Glastonbury is laughable, playing Glastonbury less so. I don't dispute the album sales or that they possibly have a large following but just saying the average Glastonbury goer wouldn't fall into the category of KISS fan. I'm a middle aged person, who had a considerable metal phase in my youth and I only know one song from them. 

I'm fairly shocked people consider GnR still relevant enough to headline but I accept they have a more ardent fanbase and were slightly more mainstream so are more likely to pull a crowd at Glastonbury still but no way KISS would be anything more than an Other Stage headliner at best more likely a motorhead slot in the middle of the day. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I'm a middle aged person, who had a considerable metal phase in my youth and I only know one song from them. 

Yes I had quite a phase too, went to Donington twice during their hey day (but didn't see them) and I only know a couple of those listed.  

44 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

The same places anyone has heard them?

Streaming services, radio, music TV channels, records

They've sold over a 100 million albums

I'll never understand this bizarre idea that anyone under 30 has only ever heard music released in their lifetimes. What happens at 30 when all of a sudden people are aware of music that came before them? 

Films, as well.

While neither are recent, their cover of God Gave Rock And Roll To You is the culmination of Bill & Ted, and Detroit Rock City is fun in a brainless kind of way.

2 minutes ago, sfroml said:

No idea what this refers too 😄 

Sorry if I made that look like it was to do with you, it's this...

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Had a look at Manchester:

STANDING £96.25 (£85.00)
EARLY ENTRY GENERAL ADMISSION £195.25 (£175.00)
SEATS £167.75 (£150.00)
SEATS £107.25 (£95.00)
SEATS £85.25 (£75.00)
SEATS £74.25 (£65.00)

They can't fuck off far enough.

3 hours ago, clarkete said:

Of those 100m there were was it 160k in the UK?

They were presumably mostly decades ago. 

I'm not disputing they have a fan base, but I am disputing the idea that they should get a headline slot when the majority of the audience don't know most of their tunes and are expected to go away and do their revision first 😊

I'm disputing your idea that no one under 30 would have encountered KISS.

This video has 474 million views in the last 3 years