The 2023 food stall thread!

Franky

31 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

That looks damn tasty, thick, crispy batter! How much did that set you back, do you remember?

Their prices have gone up a lot since they first started. Recently had their mixed box and it was £17 I think including the jerk gravy. Very nice though. 

39 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

That looks damn tasty, thick, crispy batter! How much did that set you back, do you remember?

This was the price list last year, felt like decent value as the food was nice and it kept me filled up for ages.

Screenshot_2023-04-24-14-22-57-10_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Edited by coma girl
Spelling

34 minutes ago, Chip Batch said:

Their prices have gone up a lot since they first started. Recently had their mixed box and it was £17 I think including the jerk gravy. Very nice though. 

28 minutes ago, coma girl said:

This was the price list last year, felt like decent value as the food was nice and it kept me filled up for ages.

Screenshot_2023-04-24-14-22-57-10_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Wowsers, gonna have to temper the temptation for meals that expensive. Maybe once per day. Hope they still do the food for a fiver, although I think there was this discussion last yet that it could increase to Tuck in for a Tenner, or something...

As long as I get a lot of carbs elsewhere, I'll treat myself to something more fancy.

2 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Only Jerkin were in West Holts and were absolutely magnificent - gonna break my 'only eat one meal from a stall' rule and go there twice, cos bah gawd it was good 

Had been saving it for the Sunday last year and although I enjoyed it at the time, it repeated on me all day 😏 ! Will give it a try earlier on this year 

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

This is up my street! I'm obsessed with pie. Although still not found a place that beats one we had in 2013. I think there should be more pie stalls!

Can confirm. 

2 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Yes! I was looking for this thread yesterday. Notepad out later

I had a wonderful Ethiopian curry near John Peel last year - high on the list this year

Ooh I didn't know about that one.  I do like the growing number of African food stalls at festivals so I'll keep an eye open for that

20 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Yes! I was looking for this thread yesterday. Notepad out later

I had a wonderful Ethiopian curry near John Peel last year - high on the list this year

Did they have that wonderful, sponge like Ethiopian bread that soaks up all the juices; because that is delicious?

0_IMG_2721jpeg.jpg

Can highly recommend King of the Yorky Puddings, opposite the Other stage. One of the few places where you actually get a meal big enough to fill you up. I went back multiple times last year. For £15 for the "hungry festival goer" meal, you got an absolute feast and it was decent quality. Expensive for a single meal I know, but some places charge you a tenner for a tiny meal  and they have the cheek to use the lowest quality ingredients and you're left still hungry.

I don't have any pictures of the food unfortunately but there's an article here that shows one of their smaller offerings. https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/glastonbury-festival-2022-found-glastonburys-7251252

It also seemed to be open later than everything else in the area, which is a bonus. I found myself absolutely ravenous at 5:30am, when most things were shut near my camp. Good old Yorky puds didn't let me down.

Edited by Lakey91

On 12/1/2022 at 1:08 PM, Franky said:

Right, 

Lets push on with the best Blood Marry stands ! I found one at the bottom of the Glastonbury sign field and also a really good place over by the Beat Hotel ! I grabbed myself 2 from there before I went to watch Goldfrapp in 2017! 

😜

Replying to a post in Dec 🤣, Bimble Inn used to do them early doors, but you had to get there early as they’d sellout PDQ. Worth asking if they still do.

14 hours ago, Evilmonkeydan said:

Replying to a post in Dec 🤣, Bimble Inn used to do them early doors, but you had to get there early as they’d sellout PDQ. Worth asking if they still do.

The Cockatoo in T&C did a good Bloody Mary as memory serves, and it's a full time item on the menu.  When you ask for it extra spicy, that's exactly what you get!

Booking agent for The Birdcage Cocktail Bar - Mobile Bar ...

Edited by Greenelk
  • Upvote 1

Slightly off topic, but I went to Primavera last year, and the food situation there was out of this world. A completely dedicated food hall style setup with stands selling literally every type of food imaginable - there must have been 70-80 stands within the space of about 400m, it was outrageous. 

This has set my expectations for Glastonbury at an unattainably high standard