The 2023 food stall thread!

Franky

21 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Isn’t Crayfish Bob still in Williams Green? Or he has been at recent festivals- next to the rotisserie chicken stand?

Thought he was gone ages ago?

There was a lad there in 04, 05 ish where the bakery is across from the Acoustic who did incredible fish. Real fresh stuff.

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Festival gumbo = Big box of rice with some cayenne pepper stirred through it.

Yeah I don't see any sweaty sous chefs there working for 20 minutes making a roux while singing along to Professer Longhair.

Edited by The Nal

This may be a bit of a long shot, but years ago there was a burger stall on the other stage field.  You had to walk up some polished steps to get to the counter and the sign just said BURGERS, I think it was a black or blue banner.   They made your burgers to order and they were honestly the nicest burgers I've ever had.   If you were onstage it'd be on the set of shops in NW direction.  It was in the same place for a good 3-4 years, the last time I was there I couldn't find it for the life of me.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Thanks in advance

4 minutes ago, drumski said:

This may be a bit of a long shot, but years ago there was a burger stall on the other stage field.  You had to walk up some polished steps to get to the counter and the sign just said BURGERS, I think it was a black or blue banner.   They made your burgers to order and they were honestly the nicest burgers I've ever had.   If you were onstage it'd be on the set of shops in NW direction.  It was in the same place for a good 3-4 years, the last time I was there I couldn't find it for the life of me.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Thanks in advance

No idea sorry but we had the best burgers ever in the Park last year 

1 hour ago, drumski said:

1 hour ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

No idea sorry but we had the best burgers ever in the Park last year 

One of, "the best burgers I've ever had", was last year from a yellow truck, with a tent kitchen expansion hooked up behind. In West Holts just before the entrance to the Cabaret Tent field. Iirc of course. Things a bit hazy natch.

14 hours ago, MrZigster said:

One of, "the best burgers I've ever had", was last year from a yellow truck, with a tent kitchen expansion hooked up behind. In West Holts just before the entrance to the Cabaret Tent field. Iirc of course. Things a bit hazy natch.

That sounds like Eat the Farm, although the location isn't quite correct. They are situated between Leftfield and West Holts, they also do an amazing breakfast sandwich for £5!!!  .....  

• Upvote 1

Just now, StoneCircle said:

That sounds like Eat the Farm, although the location isn't quite correct. They are situated between Leftfield and West Holts, they also do an amazing breakfast sandwich for £5!!!  .....

This is all true - though in all honesty I'd be genuinely stunned if they still do the breakfast sandwich for £5 going forward.

At that price it'd have been good value for money even in the "real world", and given how much costs have risen over the past year I reckon that to keep selling it for a fiver in 2023 would mean they lost money on it.

I'm budgeting on just about every food item on site rising by about 2-3 quid this year including that.

10 minutes ago, mikehawk said:

Does anyone remember a tented place with seat near the circus tent, the Hurley Burley or something similar? Haven’t seen it for a while now, did the most amazing (and fairly healthy) breakfasts.

On the corner where the Glastonbury free press is now. Was good food and had a little performance area too.

Is there an opinion on who makes the best full english breakfast? I've tried a handful and a lot of them seem to be lacking in one thing or the other 

There was a vendor in the big ground a few years back that did a lovely one, but I think they've either moved or moved on. 

2 hours ago, incident said:

This is all true - though in all honesty I'd be genuinely stunned if they still do the breakfast sandwich for £5 going forward.

At that price it'd have been good value for money even in the "real world", and given how much costs have risen over the past year I reckon that to keep selling it for a fiver in 2023 would mean they lost money on it.

I'm budgeting on just about every food item on site rising by about 2-3 quid this year including that.

Yep think we're all gonna have a bit of a shock price wise come June.

3 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Yes. I can place it now. Hope they're back in the same spot.

1 hour ago, Olshansky said:

Is there an opinion on who makes the best full english breakfast? I've tried a handful and a lot of them seem to be lacking in one thing or the other 

There was a vendor in the big ground a few years back that did a lovely one, but I think they've either moved or moved on. 

The place next to The Cabaret Tent does great fry ups all day iirc. Children's World Cafe(?)

53 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Yep think we're all gonna have a bit of a shock price wise come June.

It was mad enough last year.  Frightening.