Accommodation 1st December on Sale

Avalon_Fields

2 minutes ago, Shibs7788 said:

Hi when I booked it asked for a group name 

so if we’ve got 2 bookings between 8 of us (4 2 man tents) if we put the same group name will we be together? Even if the bookings are separate? 

or is the group name meaningless?

Yes we've done this, it does work, i emailed See later on to double check (and get a  confirmation from them)

16 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Hello all, we've got 4 of us in the campervan then 2 coming in a tent.

We will be OK to pitch this next to the campervan according to the website is that right? 

It's not a huge thing, it's a 4 man but not enormous. 

as long as you don't spread out across too much space you should be fine.

3 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

Hello all, we've got 4 of us in the campervan then 2 coming in a tent.

We will be OK to pitch this next to the campervan according to the website is that right? 

It's not a huge thing, it's a 4 man but not enormous. 

absolutely - pitched a big 4 man Arpenaz 4.2 beside campervan this year.  No probs at all.

3 hours ago, MattBrady said:

Managed to get Bath & West camper ticket but we really fancied east quite as taking our 4 year old.
What is it like there ?
How long is the shuttle?

We was going to bring a cart to pull my daughter round when she is tired, is this still possible any info much appreciated 😂

It's shite but better than nothing, some bus drivers were refusing to take prams & double buggys if they couldn't be collapsed. We spent nearly 2 hrs on the bus going in on Wednesday and Thursday just due to the amount of people getting on and then the traffic. Coming home on one night they're wasn't any buses available to come back to camp for a few hours as they needed re-fueling. From Friday from queing up to getting the bus and arriving at gate A took about 45 mins and the same coming back to camp. The showers arent worth bothering with from Wednesday as the queue are massive. The walk from gate a to anywhere is long, about 20 mins to John peel, 30 mins to pyramid etc etc. If I was you I'd keep checking for east campervan as they do appear again .....on a plus side the actual camping in a caravan or camper is spacious and the porta looks were clean and it was really easy leaving on the Monday.

3 hours ago, circus92 said:

absolutely - pitched a big 4 man Arpenaz 4.2 beside campervan this year.  No probs at all.

They came up numerous times this year, even after March ticket resale. There were other people posting on here when things popped up. 

1 hour ago, angelin said:

I really hope there will be some kind of y bus from the coach park to Sticklinch 

Lots hoped for that this year, but as you may have heard were disappointed. 

10 hours ago, pops1998 said:

If anyone can shed some light on this I’d be really grateful …. Does anyone know if you’re able to be driven in to the Sticklinch campsite and dropped off by someone who isn’t staying and doesn’t have a car parking pass? Like literally just to be dropped off at the parking site/entrance? 

No, you cannot turn off the A361 and onto stickleball lane without the appropriate pass. 

You might be able to get dropped off at the top, along the A361 somewhere, but you'd not really be any better off than being at the bus and coach station, entering through gate A and walking from there. 

23 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

No, you cannot turn off the A361 and onto stickleball lane without the appropriate pass. 

You might be able to get dropped off at the top, along the A361 somewhere, but you'd not really be any better off than being at the bus and coach station, entering through gate A and walking from there. 

Ah okay thanks for this. Does anyone know if there’s an actual reason as to why they supply a shuttle from Castle Cary which takes you straight to Worthy View but not do the same for Sticklinch?? I can imagine there could be some explanation but it just seems so inconvenient having no choice but to walk across site with all your stuff if you’re coming via any way other than car. 

4 minutes ago, pops1998 said:

Does anyone know if there’s an actual reason as to why they supply a shuttle from Castle Cary which takes you straight to Worthy View but not do the same for Sticklinch?? I can imagine there could be some explanation but it just seems so inconvenient having no choice but to walk across site with all your stuff if you’re coming via any way other than car. 

Probably a combination of - Worthy View being significantly larger, being longer established, and being at the top of a massive hill so more difficult for people with bags/prams/whatever.

3 minutes ago, pops1998 said:

Ah okay thanks for this. Does anyone know if there’s an actual reason as to why they supply a shuttle from Castle Cary which takes you straight to Worthy View but not do the same for Sticklinch?? I can imagine there could be some explanation but it just seems so inconvenient having no choice but to walk across site with all your stuff if you’re coming via any way other than car. 

Probably not helpful but the walk to Sticklinch from the coach drop off isnt too bad imo. I imagine attempting the WV hill with gear would be impossible, also WV has double the capacity of SL.

Its worth asking the festival the question about a coach run, if enough people do they might stick it on.

4 minutes ago, august1 said:

Its worth asking the festival the question about a coach run, if enough people do they might stick it on.

Yeah good point. Will send an email and hopefully others do the same. Should have researched this before today tbh, would have stuck with WV had I known this!

On 12/1/2022 at 3:31 PM, Trainfella said:

I was trying for a friend, I put in there registration and there name and address came up, then when on the payment screen it had all there details already inputted but it said at the top 'Please check or update your billing contact and delivery address details below'. I put in my own details at this point due to probably just reading the words 'billing contact' as I was using my own bank card. Would this matter? Like its been said above I obviously received all confirmation and the person I got the ticket for has had nothing.

They will still get the ticket with their details, but I'd get them to check with Seetickets about whether this pass will be sent with their festival tickets. That's what it's designed for, but it depends if anyone built in checks on different addresses for festival v CV tickets. Quark got my ticket in 2019, and Whisty yesterday, on their respective cards, so used their own billing details

Any details/memories of the process

@whisty @Quark 

4 minutes ago, carlosj said:

They will still get the ticket with their details, but I'd get them to check with Seetickets about whether this pass will be sent with their festival tickets. That's what it's designed for, but it depends if anyone built in checks on different addresses for festival v CV tickets. Quark got my ticket in 2019, and Whisty yesterday, on their respective cards, so used their own billing details

Any details/memories of the process

@whisty @Quark 

I assumed, as the form requested the post code and reg number of applicant, they’re going to get it. Don’t think the payment details are relevant, same as getting normal tickets. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BigMarv said:

Absolutely gutted. Had no email about WV or Sticklinch at all, despite having secured tickets and stayed there 2/3 of the last Glastonbury’s. Any idea what the resale situation is with this?

In previous years there have been resales. Also, tents sometimes just popped up now and again.

We didn't do WV last year so not sure on the very latest, but that was the case before then.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BigMarv said:

Absolutely gutted. Had no email about WV or Sticklinch at all, despite having secured tickets and stayed there 2/3 of the last Glastonbury’s. Any idea what the resale situation is with this?

This is when it happened this year,so similar-ish and then drip feed continuously on and off for a little while after. 

There'll be most of scouts and bells, bunkpads and podpads also come up but in smaller quantities. 

https://www.somersetcountygazette.co.uk/news/20135094.glastonbury-festival-hold-campervan-pre-erected-tent-passes-resale/

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BigMarv said:

I expect a few people accidentally bought more than they need in groups and some will be in the process of cancelling with See now. Some might pop up over the next week as and when that happens. Worth keeping an eye on it.

• Upvote 1