Blur

jannybruck

1 minute ago, Greenelk said:

It's a very different feel to the saturday line up isn't it!

Its mega eclectic, which is a great thing! i just wish they'd scatter some of the new and the old around a bit, instead of splitting them up. Wonder if it informs the setlists they'll be picking? saturday more reliant on the 13/think tank kind of songs, and sunday all over MLIR and Leisure? 

21 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Its mega eclectic, which is a great thing! i just wish they'd scatter some of the new and the old around a bit, instead of splitting them up. Wonder if it informs the setlists they'll be picking? saturday more reliant on the 13/think tank kind of songs, and sunday all over MLIR and Leisure? 

I wouldn't bet on it - they've only done a few back-to-backs since the first reunion (Hyde Park, Coachella, Wolverhampton) and they basically played the same set each time.

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Surprised the Saturday support hasn't rolled over. You'd have thought when they signed the supports up the likelihood of a second night was discussed.

That had been my assumption. Bit of an odd one.

That said, there appeared to be a good chunk left for the Sunday a few weeks ago. No disrespect to the Saturday bill, but tossing Weller on here will help shift a few of those fencesitters.

On 2/24/2023 at 8:15 AM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Absolutely. Touring stadiums in the British autumn? Lost your marbles with this weather!

@aidenlangan95I am pretty sure the intention is a few big venues in North America. With a big undercard. Maybe an East Coast, a west coast, and somewhere inbetween. Stadiums in the UK in autumn would be insane, and they are also obviously not popular enough in the UK. They have however really built the live following in the US over 13 years. Its been an impressive effort. Zane Lowe was obviously invited to mention "stadiums", so there must be something in it. I pretty much laughed at the idea of Blur doing Wembley, yet they've obviously managed to completely sell out one date. 

6 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Blur shifted tickets like hot cakes for BST a few years ago though, didn't they? Never doubted they'd shift for a single Wembley Stadium date, particularly if billed as their only date of note.

Think that second one has been a bit ambitious though.

I got one for £2.50 a few days before. But think the appetite is higher now. They been around a fair bit 2009-2015.