Other Stage Headliners

airwaves

Can't see an Other Stage headliner thread yet

Eg if The Prodigy were doing glasto I'd see them more likely to be an Other Stage headliner

Which then doesn't eliminate other rumoured main headliners 

How about Porcupine Tree. Doing a cracking show here in London tonight and just advertising a June 29 date in Castlefield 

Just now, airwaves said:

Can't see an Other Stage headliner thread yet

Eg if The Prodigy were doing glasto I'd see them more likely to be an Other Stage headliner

Which then doesn't eliminate other rumoured main headliners 

How about Porcupine Tree. Doing a cracking show here in London tonight and just advertising a June 29 date in Castlefield 

Porcupine Tree are far too small

Prodigy will do other is the general consensus on here - can't remember who else is even rumoured. I think Lizzo is more likely to sub

3 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Bon Iver, Paramore, Queens of the Stone Age, Prodigy - all names I had in mind so far

Bon Iver and Queens of the Stone Age would be fantastic. I think Chemical Brothers in 2015 is the only time I’ve seen an Other headliner across 5 festivals but it would take something big to take me away from those two. 

The Prodigy certainly make sense as the big dance headliner and would draw a big crowd against anyone. Queens of the Stone Age make sense up against a younger pop headliner on the Pyramid. I reckon the other will be more of a pop act, maybe someone like Lizzo, Lil Nas X or SZA, though @Matt42’s Sam Smith shout is a good one.

25 minutes ago, TheGoodWillOut said:

Chemical brothers got to do at least 1 night

Played the festival before this year. Too short of a gap - could do their cancelled DJ set though

20 minutes ago, GlastoRob2957 said:

Any thoughts on Fred Again? His stock is definitely high at the moment although maybe not quite big enough, can see him perhaps WH or JP instead but could have an outside chance

WH i think

Pendulum > Prodigy?

2 hours ago, leath02 said:

I had money on QOTSA and Prodigy too 

But feel like the wording on the latter‘s insta post a bit weird 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ck0tAsdNNUw/?hl=en

‘only outdoor UK headline show’

Headline Show Summer 2023 is probably the key word

Is Headlining the Other Stage considered a Headline Show? 🤔 (kind of, but promoters love to pull these technicality word games all the time)

Also I know it's impossible, but would kill for MCR

9 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

Pendulum > Prodigy?

Headline Show Summer 2023 is probably the key word

Is Headlining the Other Stage considered a Headline Show? 🤔 (kind of, but promoters love to pull these technicality word games all the time)

Also I know it's impossible, but would kill for MCR

9 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Aphex Twin?

Pendulum and Aphex are both far too small

42 minutes ago, sisco said:

Sam Smith - QOTSA - The Prodigy

This feels right but also I think a slightly weaker link needs to go in there. All three of these would be solid festival headliners elsewhere, so I feel like there needs to be one that feels like a leg up.

I’d say Fred again instead of Prodigy.

12 hours ago, airwaves said:

Oh

PTree just saying they are doing a few select festivals next year

😁😁

I can see them cropping up at Glastonbury as they’ve never played, I’m sure Steven Wilson said something a few years ago about never having been asked to play. Problem I have is that they NEED a long set, they’d have to headline a stage to get anywhere near long enough and I just can’t picture them headlining any stage except maybe the John Peel or Park….

by the way the show last night was fucking quality wasn’t it? Was a bit worried seeing them at Wembley as it can be a bit of a bucket at times but the sound was very good.

Edited by mungo57

53 minutes ago, sisco said:

Sam Smith - QOTSA - The Prodigy

Can’t see an all male headline line up on The Pyramid and Other (assuming AM, GNR and Elton are the front runners). 

I’m not sure who is touring next year but a female pop star would take one of the slots I’d guess. 

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

This feels right but also I think a slightly weaker link needs to go in there. All three of these would be solid festival headliners elsewhere, so I feel like there needs to be one that feels like a leg up.

Just don’t see this tbh. 

The hype is real and the trajectory is taking him places, but he’s not bigger than WH headliners Bicep or Justice. 

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Sam Smith has never really headlined anywhere major they definitely count as the 'leg up'

2 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Just don’t see this tbh. 

The hype is real and the trajectory is taking him places, but he’s not bigger than WH headliners Bicep or Justice. 

100% bigger than Justice