Resale Club 2023

Jack.194

1 hour ago, mike46 said:

@Jack.194 @J.B. and @Sameer  are the spreadsheet/group organisers I believe. The first group has 100 names on it already at the moment but I believe the second group might have some capacity. 

There’s also bound to be some dropouts/inactive users etc. by the time we get to April! 

Thanks Mike.

Can i get in on the action gents?

18 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Read to help a group, there is nothing that can beat the high of getting tickets. 

it’s quite addictive.

Aside from the good karma / satisfaction of helping someone out - I genuinely don't understand people who choose to sit a sale out, even (and especially) if they already have tickets.

Trying without the pressure of having to get your own ticket is the best possible way to learn - you might notice a minor thing you've been doing wrong, or build some muscle memory or figure out a tactic or whatever that benefits you when you next come to get your own ticket in October.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, incident said:

Aside from the good karma / satisfaction of helping someone out - I genuinely don't understand people who choose to sit a sale out, even (and especially) if they already have tickets.

Trying without the pressure of having to get your own ticket is the best possible way to learn - you might notice a minor thing you've been doing wrong, or build some muscle memory or figure out a tactic or whatever that benefits you when you next come to get your own ticket in October.

you certainly also make friends ... and get potential help for future sales 

• Like 1

I'll also be looking to get a ticket in the resale. I appreciate i'm late to the game and groups are full so happy wait until until nearer the time to see if there are any dropouts and space become available. Just wanted to ask how it works if i'm in a group of 4 who are all trying to get tickets, do you only take singles or can the whole group be added? If singles only it'd be better if I didn't put my name down as it might cause issues.

I wanted to start a group for nearer the time for exactly the reason @crazyfool01 says. Make friends for future sales!!

I have my tickets but happy to organise a syndicate because some of our friends missed out so I'm being a busy body for them too! my ego would bloody love it if i managed to get someone else tickets. So I kind of got chatting to a few people on here but nothing set in stone yet. So much trust involved! Give me a DM if you wanna join my gang 🤣

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum
  • Upvote 1

Personally, I don't understand the 'our group is full thing.' I get that people have formed bonds on here and understand the need for a certain amount of vetting but the more the better surely...

Anyway, I've got a group of 6 people so far who are trying in resales and all happy to help others too. 4 have already got tickets 🤣 pop me a message if you want to chat about it

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Personally, I don't understand the 'our group is full thing.' I get that people have formed bonds on here and understand the need for a certain amount of vetting but the more the better surely...

Anyway, I've got a group of 6 people so far who are trying in resales and all happy to help others too. 4 have already got tickets 🤣 pop me a message if you want to chat about it

Personally I think that's just about it being much simpler if there's a trusting relationship for a couple of reasons:-

1.  Firstly and most importantly - everyone must understand the cardinal rule about not crossing streams between groups - if they're in a group on your list then nobody must be attempting on their behalf in a separate group.
2. You need to be confident that your fellow members understand the sale process, will do their bit (share and share alike) and critically will have double checked the details for any reg numbers and postcodes they supply.
3.  Ideally if you trust each other enough then (funds permitting) you may be happy to pay deposits (or at a push) balances for each other - shaving a minute or two that would be required for a phone call to exchange card details could be the difference between success and failure.

Likewise errors under points 1 and 2 could prevent the other people in your group getting tickets - the reason this is important is that everyone who has been there a few times knows someone who has missed out in a sale due to those two points.

Edited by clarkete
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve helped out with this resale thread in the past but never needed to join, because I’ve had industry tickets. This year it’s all gone horribly wrong and I suddenly find myself ticketless (having helped friends on the main sale day!) 

So, how do I get myself onto the Google Sheets spreadsheet?  Have I left it too late to add my name?  
Thanks in advance for any help. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

I’ve helped out with this resale thread in the past but never needed to join, because I’ve had industry tickets. This year it’s all gone horribly wrong and I suddenly find myself ticketless (having helped friends on the main sale day!) 

So, how do I get myself onto the Google Sheets spreadsheet?  Have I left it too late to add my name?  
Thanks in advance for any help. 

We have a group that (I think) has capacity for you to join. Message @Sameer to join:)

Mrs oneeye and me are currently ticketless, not a sniff since 2017. If there are any kind souls out there who could add us both to your spreadsheet please that would be magic. All I can offer in return is cider, friendship and twixs xx

2 minutes ago, mike46 said:

For those not checking the volunteering thread, first chances to get those tickets coming up tomorrow with WaterAid opening up their applications. 

Chances 2 and 3 then appearing next week with Oxfam and Festaff applications opening on the 1st Feb

I’d hope volunteering is getting discussed on the 2 watts app groups … this is a great way of getting some early shoots of green on the spreadsheets and starts the year in a positive fashion as those people then become helpers 

32 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I’d hope volunteering is getting discussed on the 2 watts app groups … this is a great way of getting some early shoots of green on the spreadsheets and starts the year in a positive fashion as those people then become helpers 

It sure is! At least in our group 🙂 

• Like 1