Resale Club 2023

Jack.194

The issue in this resale is that the website worked too well. It’s definitely highly random if you get a screen or not. The new system has helped to fix the unfair failure at payment stage issue. I can’t complain about GFL/See doing something to prevent that happening. 

Bots are a known factor in limited sale items. Glasto was safe from a lot of those schemes due to needing registration details at the same time as payment.

If this is going to be the continued method of purchasing tickets I wouldn’t be opposed to an extra step in the process to enable authentication. 

A good friend of mine used a bot in the first November sale. He and his group paid £50 each to a guy who had made a bot and got tickets instantly. The same bot was in action and offered to me for the resale yesterday, but I am not going this year so I passed on the offer, and the price had risen to £100. I think in the first sale, the guy operating the bot voluntarily wound it down after getting 50/60 tickets in November to try and avoid detection.

22 minutes ago, LoveAndTheft said:

Just scaremongering nonsense. System is fair and works just fine. Only people moaning about the current system, unfortunately missed out. 

I got tickets in the main sale but can see the problems this new system will cause with folk getting an unfair advantage by having multiple helpers. Solution is See tickets have to sort out the problems with bank verifications and timing out. Fix that and the system will be fair. 

At the end of the day all tickets are going to genuine punters and its over (ie you’re getting a yes or no youre going or youre not) in a reasonable time frame. The november sale was a shambles regarding payment and this system does solve that. Realistically they cant keep everyone happy. Tickets are probably 4-5x more in demand than there are tickets available. The next sale will be a bun fight again, demand has never been higher. 

the best suggestion ive seen here is some kind of anti-bot verification. If bots arent involved and payment doesnt fail then at the end of the day if you dont get lucky at least its been a fair fight.

overall im just getting a general vibe on here that people (like me) who’ve been lucky enough to go every year are likely to find that run comes to end. Its upsetting but at the end of the day its fair.

Edited by Memory Man

9 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

A good friend of mine used a bot in the first November sale. He and his group paid £50 each to a guy who had made a bot and got tickets instantly. The same bot was in action and offered to me for the resale yesterday, but I am not going this year so I passed on the offer, and the price had risen to £100. I think in the first sale, the guy operating the bot voluntarily wound it down after getting 50/60 tickets in November to try and avoid detection.

How does this even work? is it like an auto refreshing programme that can bypass the queue or something??

41 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

I'd have happily paid that to get tickets, and divide that by a group of four for £25 each it's a very small cost in the grand scheme of it. I wish I knew how to do that stuff and I'd be going 😄 

I've read the replies further up, and as gutting as it was to miss out this time I thought the system was better. At least it reduced the agonising sale time. My group and helpers didn't see a sniff of the registration page again, but missing out on payment verification seems very unfair once you've already got through the first stage.

I think bots would be very limited in numbers, especially in the short advance knowledge of the payment changes for the resale this time. Could be more of a problem for next year being armed with the knowledge already, but I still think relativity small numbers? Having said that and as above - if I had an opportunity to cheat the system with a bot I would. 

2 hours ago, Sack truck said:

The online security setup changed not long before the October sale. I had issues a with couple other retailers who hadn’t set up properly for it around same time. Sounds like Seetickets had same issues, payments needed added step security but they didn’t ask for it and payments bounced. 

It wasn't that they hadn't updated their systems - they did implement SCA hence the Coach Sale a few days earlier went through broadly ok - it's that in the main sale with a higher transaction rate the systems failed to cope with the extra load that the new processes generated and so a lot of things went wrong with them including them not triggering. It's also thought that to try and mitigate this, they did try turning off SCA at one point which some banks had more of a problem with than others.

• Upvote 1

Alright, 

The Mrs & I decided after the general sale in Nov that we weren’t gonna bother this year. We wanted to plan our summer without the anxiety of it being decided on resale day. We also both felt it was very overcrowded at times last year which took some of the sparkle away from it.

We tried for mates on Thursday and on Sunday. I got through to the picking your coach part on Thursday to them all being booked up and on Sunday was successful for them and we’re absolutely over the moon for that we got them their golden tickets (the temptation to throw our reg details in was huge).

The new system works well for me, never considered bots until reading the posts on here and that obviously could be an issue going forward but really how many people would actually be doing this? It’s a ticket that’s in high demand but there’s no actual way to make it an even playing field. There’s always going to be syndicates with dozens of people trying for larger amounts of groups as well as people coming up with new ways of attempting to beat the system. 

Reaching payment screens for it to then crash is out of order, this happened to me in Nov and was absolutely furious at Seetickets for it but it is what it is. Even changing the sale to a physical camp outside HMV type sale would cause issues as I genuinely believe that these would result in violence outside the stores.

There are 2 things that can happen to reduce the demand, a couple of wash outs year after year would definitely put some off but the worst thing that keeps demand so high is the amount of BBC coverage. I genuinely believe this is what keeps demand where it is as people are told regularly through the BBC that’s it’s the greatest show on Earth (which it is but people don’t need reminding of that).

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Just for fun...hypothetically. If it went back to the old system of tickets being sold in HMV stores. How many nights would you camp out in the queue for doors open 

Wouldn't be able to so guess I'd be paying someone to do it for me! 

11 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Only the same that is done on here and countless other places really. Posters are asking for help from as many people as they can, including complete strangers. If everyone was only trying for their own ticket, many of the people sorted in the ticket group pages and elsewhere would not be going, including me.

I'm now on my 10th festival, I've actually bought my own ticket twice plus I've got through three times to get people theirs so in theory I'd have been 5 times.

Yes, an influencer or whatever could share their details with loads of people, but they'd also be risking someone purposefully sabotaging them, either during or after the sale. 

You could register twice, give the public one a go and share it and keep a private one for you and close friends, so you can't be any worse off than before.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Building a bot I understand, but how do you test it when the set up is changing every time?

It's not going to guarantee you a ticket but I guess you could build a bot that fires off shed loads of hits, utilising a range of public IPs to avoid detection, which on grabbing a session automatically completes the reg details etc and submits it.  You could test that now against the See site and tune it accordingly for maximum hits while avoiding the holding page which is still live, updating it as and when the set up changes.

I can't see See changing the set up frequently to deliberately avoid bots, and within say a month of the sale it's pretty likely their set up will be nailed down for their own testing also.

• Upvote 1

To me its noticeable that we have two issues going on now....

1. Ticket bots...which I've heard a lot about this year as they've infiltrated Arsenals box office to the point there's been some major kick offs about it by fans and the club have had to conduct their own investigation as to why games now sell out within seconds.  Even if the bots aren't operating to take 1000s of tickets, if people are making their own DIY ones to get 50/60 tickets for friends that's enough to make a difference to sell out time.

2. Registrations now being whored out....this issue I would say I've even been guilty of as on Thursday for the coach resale, there was about 20 friends of mine helping, the resale group I'm in helping (50 plus people) and then a couple of nice efesters who PM'd me offering help.  This will only get more noticeable if the new system is kept in place for the 2024 ticket sale, as there will be nothing for people to lose to advertise their registration on various social media.

Personally, I think this will now signal a new dawn of tickets selling out incredibly fast, and it will mostly be to people who do genuinely want to go, it will just a bit more 'luck' now rather than 'perseverance' which was happening with people who use this forum as they were dedicated enough to keep going at See tickets website when the payments were failing where others simply gave up trying.

13 hours ago, Memory Man said:

The november sale was a shambles regarding payment and this system does solve that.

There was also an issue in the general sale when you put your reg details in, clicked Proceed and then nothing happened and the screen froze. This happened to me in the general sale and also happened to friends of mine who were trying to buy my tickets on Sunday.

1 minute ago, Johnnyseven said:

There was also an issue in the general sale when you put your reg details in, clicked Proceed and then nothing happened and the screen froze. This happened to me in the general sale and also happened to friends of mine who were trying to buy my tickets on Sunday.

This issue was why I ended up sweating it in the resales!

I've entered some raffles for limited edition Adidas trainers and jackets before. 

Registered, card details filled in. Won some, lost others.

If you're lucky you're picked at random and the sale goes through. If not then nothing happens apart from a email confirming.

Going forward could be a decent way to handle the sale, if allowed as groups up to 6 or something as the one transaction.

Takes all of this bullshit away.

Considering its a huge amount of luck anyway now. 

I think people are seriously underestimating how much money there is to be made from being able to sell Glastonbury tickets. Ask yourself, how much would you pay for a guaranteed ticket?

Look at how much they go through to avoid ticket resales - photos, registration etc.

I don't understand why they would undo that now.

Personally I would happily pay £100+ per person to guarantee a Glasto ticket. I couldn't afford to do that when I first started going which means we now end up losing out young and not middle class people who want to go. 

Problem is lots of other people could easily drop £500+ on ticket bots - if someone can prove past success this price will just keep rising. 

4 minutes ago, Cleetus said:

Going forward could be a decent way to handle the sale, if allowed as groups up to 6 or something as the one transaction.

Takes all of this bullshit away.

Considering its a huge amount of luck anyway now. 

This is the only fair system, which ironically those on here claiming the current system is fair don't want.

A lotto that keeps a group of 6 allotment, with a 24hr payment link as they've done in this resale, which just gets drawn again if you don't pay.

2 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

To me its noticeable that we have two issues going on now....

1. Ticket bots...which I've heard a lot about this year as they've infiltrated Arsenals box office to the point there's been some major kick offs about it by fans and the club have had to conduct their own investigation as to why games now sell out within seconds.  Even if the bots aren't operating to take 1000s of tickets, if people are making their own DIY ones to get 50/60 tickets for friends that's enough to make a difference to sell out time.

2. Registrations now being whored out....this issue I would say I've even been guilty of as on Thursday for the coach resale, there was about 20 friends of mine helping, the resale group I'm in helping (50 plus people) and then a couple of nice efesters who PM'd me offering help.  This will only get more noticeable if the new system is kept in place for the 2024 ticket sale, as there will be nothing for people to lose to advertise their registration on various social media.

Personally, I think this will now signal a new dawn of tickets selling out incredibly fast, and it will mostly be to people who do genuinely want to go, it will just a bit more 'luck' now rather than 'perseverance' which was happening with people who use this forum as they were dedicated enough to keep going at See tickets website when the payments were failing where others simply gave up trying.

The perseverance bit however that is done - physical queueing, long sell out times due to server overload, secret resales etc definitely favours people that do really want to go more than the luck element.  

I think they are trying to remove the advantages of pre knowledge and being in a big group. I understand why when some people have succeeded every time in the last 10 years when others haven't got a sniff despite their best efforts. I wouldn't be surprised if they make more changes for the '24 general sale to tighten it up further and make it even more of a lottery, as much as the previous system has worked for me.

In november I saw someone suggest a staged system where at 9am you would submit your registration groups (max of six per group, each reg only in one group) and 30 min later those groups would be randomly balloted into getting a ticket or not with 24 hours to pay their deposit. Struck me as a half decent approach to a ballot; you still have to be there on ticket day and put a bit of effort in, but can't assemble on mass to abuse it. It's funny how the resale was half of that system..

Some will win some will loose and we'll argue forever about it.

• Upvote 1