Resale Club 2023

Jack.194

Ah well - no joy for me but didn't expect to have any luck.

Maybe they should do a 100% prepay along and having then an access code to get on plus captcha etc to get in and then re-confirm the credit card info. There would be no payment processing but should stop bots but I dodn't know.

I might get chat GPT or whatever it is to try and buy my tickets next year??

19 minutes ago, themuel said:

The system couldn’t be fairer. It’s that simple. 

I think they’ve finally nailed it. Even if that makes it harder. 

The new system is better but it still isn't a fair system. A fair system would not allow people who don't want tickets to get tickets on behalf of others who do. The new system encourages more traffic and makes it even harder to obtain tickets. If applied to the next general sale the 1,000,000 who actually want 1 of the 135,000 tickets could be fighting to get booking site access against another 1, 2 or 3 million people who are trying to get tickets on behalf of others.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GlastoRob2957 said:

I get that but if they have social media clout they would also effectively have to dox themselves to do this as everyone would have their postcode

But then you can register with fake post code and change it to the real one before tickets are shipped...

So yeah, while I appreciate why the payment step as been removed, I feel like as a lone wolf your chances have diminished massively with this system.

It's like being able to afford one lottery ticket versus someone else who can afford one thousand.

And I actually did manage to book my ticket on Thursday by miracle but I will enjoy this festival to the fullest as it may well be my last one for a long long time. 

Or I may just start aggressively gathering social media followers before October...

34 minutes ago, LoveAndTheft said:

The new system seems much fairer / less stressful. If you do get through to the point of entering your registration number you haven't got the extra faff of putting in your payment details or it failing at the last step. Very disappointing for people who were not successful but it's simply demand. The actual ticket sale process is probably the fairest system there is. None of this dynamite ticketing nonsense, tickets are all the same price and no tickets being sold on secondary ticket sites afterwards. It's simply a case of clicking the link and hoping for the best. Could not be fairer. It could be the worst line up ever and would still sell out in minutes. So many people want to attend these days and that number will simply increase year on year. 

15mins count down to make payment would be better and stop ppl trying just for the sake of it.

9 minutes ago, Glasto Burto said:

Hello, does anyone know where the secret flash resales would happen (if they happen) - on the See Tickets site? Sadly a couple of our group are still ticketless after this morning's whirlwind sellout!

Not only have they not happened since 2016 but when they did you had to be extremely well prepared to catch it and even more extremely lucky to get a ticket. Previous secret resales popped up at random in May on a weekday morning/afternoon (ie during normal working hrs) lasted ca. 120 seconds

6 minutes ago, Lycra said:

The new system is better but it still isn't a fair system. A fair system would not allow people who don't want tickets to get tickets on behalf of others who do.

I've been a beneficiary in the past from kind behaviour on this site, one year when a link to an underused server got posted, another when instructions about cache worked (still don't understand, but it worked!) etc etc. And I love the comradery around the resale clubs on here and people wanting to help others out...but...I have sympathy with the view that it would be fairer if the system is restricted to those who are going only...just don't know what that system would look like.

3 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Not only have they not happened since 2016 but when they did you had to be extremely well prepared to catch it and even more extremely lucky to get a ticket. Previous secret resales popped up at random in May on a weekday morning/afternoon (ie during normal working hrs) lasted ca. 120 seconds

I was one of those lucky ones in 2014 and bagged tix for friends that way, but I had a page tracker that was tracking the seetickets site every 10 seconds from the day after the initial resale. Happened to be in work when it went ping. By the time I completed purchase was gone again.

23 minutes ago, Glasto Burto said:

Hello, does anyone know where the secret flash resales would happen (if they happen) - on the See Tickets site? Sadly a couple of our group are still ticketless after this morning's whirlwind sellout!

They need to make peace with it.  Not been secret resales for years.  It's over

I think it would be useful if the fest put out a tweet saying how many had been sold in the resale. if it was like 2000 or something then people would probably accept that it was down to low numbers.

If it was 20,000 we would all be stressing more about next year I guess!

I think the current main sale way is OK (purely because I have managed to get tickets this way 11 times in a row) but understand how frustrating it would be if you have had no luck.

I think I would prefer a longer one hour battle like this year where you feel you are in with a chance rather than them going in 10 mins.

Or maybe go back to selling them in your local Oxfam or something ! 

Edited by rubenz

It is what it is unfortunately. Now matter how they do it, its pot luck generally. Obviously some people can abuse it with bots but the demand is just so massive that they sell out very quick and you will more often than not fail to get through. 

1 minute ago, rubenz said:

I think it would be useful if the fest put out a tweet saying how many had been sold in the resale. if it was like 2000 or something then people would probably accept that it was down to low numbers.

100%

Obviously, the new system has had an effect but we still don’t know how many tickets were available today and maybe people just got used to the bumper resale last year?  

1 minute ago, rubenz said:

I think the current main sale way is OK (purely because I have managed to get tickets this way 11 times in a row) but understand how frustrating it would be if you have had no luck.

I think I would prefer a longer one hour battle like this year where you feel you are in with a chance rather than them going in 10 mins.

Or maybe go back to selling them in your local Oxfam or something ! 

They won't, they don't care.  They care about it selling out and it does.  In their eyes this is a massive success.  The rest is low level noise that doesn't make the news so isn't even close to the to do list

18 minutes ago, Traco said:

Ah well - no joy for me but didn't expect to have any luck.

Maybe they should do a 100% prepay along and having then an access code to get on plus captcha etc to get in and then re-confirm the credit card info. There would be no payment processing but should stop bots but I dodn't know.

I might get chat GPT or whatever it is to try and buy my tickets next year??

100% this - pay up front to be in with a chance in the page access lottery.  After all, we all have a year to save up for it.  Either that or ChatGPT4 gets conscripted to get tickets…

55 minutes ago, Isaact said:

To be totally fair it would be a ballot.

The current system is still gameable - if you have social media clout you can recruit help. Influencers will have a better chance of getting tickets.

Oh oh here we go again. I didn't get tickets so its unfair the system arguments 

a ballot means I didn't have to wake up and be prepared to get on the website. I can just have a lie in. 

There is no perfect system but letting people not put a bit of effort in is never gonna be better

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Chazwozza said:

100% this - pay up front to be in with a chance in the page access lottery.  After all, we all have a year to save up for it.  Either that or ChatGPT4 gets conscripted to get tickets…

It's not keen at the moment ....

image.png.3c351661a0fa81365138c5f9079b1754.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1