Resale Club 2023

Jack.194

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Thats a great option. I wonder how many people have been kicked out at the payment page every year. Its happened to me loads.

Happened to me twice this year and once during the resale for last year. This is a fantastic change. If they use this for next year I imagine tickets selling out in 15 minutes

But now you will have to wait anxiously for hours for the payment link to (hopefully) come through.

Paula prentiss GIF - Find on GIFER

9 minutes ago, jamafa said:

What do you think will happen to the tickets that haven’t been paid for within 24 hours? Put back on sale at random?

Yeah mini resales

Edited by The Nal

WHAT IS THE TICKET RESALE?

Following the ticket balance payment window, we will be selling a very limited of number tickets for which the balance was not settled. These will consist of General Admission tickets and Ticket + Coach travel options.

Does this mean there will be another mini resale after the 24hr balance window closes or am I interpreting it wrong? Could be interesting... 

Groups of four, not six it seems "In the General Admission resale on Sunday 23rd April, you may purchase up to 4 tickets per transaction – but remember that you can only book one ticket per registration. If you plan to book for a group, you will need all their registration numbers and registered postcodes, too – get them ready now."

Just now, Northern_Lights said:

Groups of four, not six it seems "In the General Admission resale on Sunday 23rd April, you may purchase up to 4 tickets per transaction – but remember that you can only book one ticket per registration. If you plan to book for a group, you will need all their registration numbers and registered postcodes, too – get them ready now."

its always 4 for resales (2 for coach)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Thats a great option. I wonder how many people have been kicked out at the payment page every year. Its happened to me loads.

It's always happened in recent years, I think the change though this time is because seetickets f**ked it up big time in the general sale. We got our tickets about 10 days after the normal sale because of Seetickets not being up to date in Visa security. So Glasto probably can't risk giving out extra tickets this year if the same thing happens again. 

I hope they carry on with this way though, once you're through to payment page you shouldn't be getting kicked out. 

4 minutes ago, Armourman said:

Very helpful option for the multi player approach as ticketholder can pay themselves after receiving email...

That would be the sensible approach but it's not made clear whether only the lead booker gets the email prompting payment for the whole order, or whether each ticket holder gets their own email.

I've asked See to confirm.....

14 minutes ago, LR10416 said:

Following the ticket balance payment window, we will be selling a very limited of number tickets for which the balance was not settled. These will consist of General Admission tickets and Ticket + Coach travel options.

Does this mean there will be another mini resale after the 24hr balance window closes or am I interpreting it wrong? Could be interesting... 

Yup. This seems like the old times of a 'secret' resale. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Not so great for the persistent though . And people that are sometimes lucky enough to get through a few times … although entirely fair and reasonable 

Also means if someone gets through on GA resale on the Sunday for themselves and 3 mates who aren't sure if they really want to go or not they then can nab tickets and give themselves 24 hours to think about it....

17 minutes ago, LR10416 said:

I think this means following the 1-7 April window there will be the normal resale.

They might bring back secret resales for tickets that aren't paid for after 24 hours (or are cancelled by 5 May), but I don't think that's what this is referencing.

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Also means if someone gets through on GA resale on the Sunday for themselves and 3 mates who aren't sure if they really want to go or not they then can nab tickets and give themselves 24 hours to think about it....

If they're not sure after a coach sale and a main sale in October and a coach resale and a main resale in April having secured a ticket 60 days before the festival they can get in the bin.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I've asked See to confirm.....

Stating the obvious here, but precedent suggests that whichever intern is monitoring their social media won't actually know and so any answer you get back can't be trusted to be correct. Plenty examples of them assuming something and it being wrong in reality, most recently in the Campervan sale when their social media assured people it wasn't possible to buy more than one ticket.