Resale Club 2023

Jack.194

51 minutes ago, LoveAndTheft said:

The new system seems much fairer / less stressful. If you do get through to the point of entering your registration number you haven't got the extra faff of putting in your payment details or it failing at the last step. Very disappointing for people who were not successful but it's simply demand. The actual ticket sale process is probably the fairest system there is. None of this dynamite ticketing nonsense, tickets are all the same price and no tickets being sold on secondary ticket sites afterwards. It's simply a case of clicking the link and hoping for the best. Could not be fairer. It could be the worst line up ever and would still sell out in minutes. So many people want to attend these days and that number will simply increase year on year. 

49 minutes ago, DavidFriio said:

The entitlement on display from some on here whining about not getting lucky in what is the fairest possible system.   No doubt the same ones who have been 20 years in a row (and crying about how the festival has sold out or some such bollocks) - let others have their chance ffs 🤣

48 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

There's been years of people saying ' remove the payment bit because that's crashed for me' now they have, it goes quicker and people are still upset. Which is understandable. The fact of the matter is, no matter how 'fair' they make it, people will always lose out.

Just now, LoveAndTheft said:

It's 100% fair system and if people get to go who have never been before, that is even better. 

Without payment you can easily use bots.

Watch a secondary industry pop up next year where people pay potentially hundreds of pounds to bot net operators to secure and guarantee tickets.

5 minutes ago, rubenz said:

I think I would prefer a longer one hour battle like this year where you feel you are in with a chance rather than them going in 10 mins.

I also preferred those days where it took an hour+ because it meant the most determined were staying to the bitter end and slowly getting better odds as people got bored and gave up!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Just now, aj6658 said:

Oh oh here we go again. I didn't get tickets so its unfair the system arguments 

a ballot means I didn't have to wake up and be prepared to get on the website. I can just have a lie in. 

There is no perfect system but letting people not put a bit of effort in is never gonna be better

I have a ticket this year - I actually got through twice (once general last year, and once on Thursday).

I'm very concerned about the removal of payment and the potential for bots though.

1 minute ago, Isaact said:

Watch a secondary industry pop up next year where people pay potentially hundreds of pounds to bot net operators to secure and guarantee tickets.

Major problems for Arsenal box office with that this season...its a big talking point amongst match going fans!

26 minutes ago, briddj said:

I don't. Was told this by someone who knows someone at See Tickets. 

If true, maybe they oversold in November. Loads of people got tickets after it was sold out. Would explain fewer resale tickets if they had to use them for the oversell.

Hadn’t thought about this possibility but makes a lot of sense.

I think in future I may have to work the fest if I want to go. Think this may be my last one as a punter. ☹️

1 minute ago, Isaact said:

Yeh this

i work with loads of devs and this could definitely benefit IT nerds. I’m very against it

Just now, Isaact said:

I have a ticket this year - I actually got through twice (once general last year, and once on Thursday).

I'm very concerned about the removal of payment and the potential for bots though.

Bots I can see the issue with but ballot has been argued time and time again and people have to explain time and time again it's not a good idea. 

Such a boring discussion now. Ballot would never be better. The threshold to apply is too small making it so even more people try. 

2 minutes ago, LoveAndTheft said:

Nonsense.

Literally happens at any other gig already, especially ones that are secure now, pay later.

Unless you genuinely believe stuff like Beyonce and Taylor Swift sells out within 15 seconds of going live - before a human can even input bank details manually.

You can't scalp Glastonbury, but if you own a botnet you can charge people to guarantee them tickets. 

It's an obvious market opportunity.

Edited by Isaact

24 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Anecdotally feels like fewer people got through this morning than last year when lots of people seemed to get sorted.  Which would back up the 'fewer tickets in the pot this year' rumour.

Quite.

None of this is ever 'ordinary' but to have so many people trying in such an organised fashion and for so little success smacks of something really 'out of the ordinary'...and not solely down to the system changes.

I wonder if they deliberately put only a few up for resale....there's been criticism since November around overcrowding...is it possible they saw the Resale as an opportunity to thin numbers down a little?

Certainly the success our group had in Thursday coach sale where that is traditionally much harder would suggest something else was in play this morning and that it could be seen as an 'outlier'.

Edited by parsonjack

11 minutes ago, Isaact said:

The lack of payment doesn't make Bots any more viable. They're already viable with payment.

The main reason bots aren't likely to become as big an issue as the other examples you mention is that the system is somewhat unique (the Coach sale especially would massively trip them up), and there's relatively few opportunities to design, train, and test those bots - and given that the system is customisable and only gets rolled out twice a year at most it wouldn't be difficult to introduce minor changes each time that tripped those bots up.

1 hour ago, Boomtowner said:

Can't see it myself. Why would they get up early on a Sunday and put themselves through this. And then put the ticket back in the pot a few days later. I think the term is 'clutching at straws'.

Oh how I long for the days when 9am on a Sunday was “getting up early”

All I can say to that is USE CONTRACEPTION FOLKS!

• Like 2

It seems fairly clear that there were not many tickets available in the resale. We will never know the numbers but i can easily believe that its as simple as almost everyone who secured tickets in november actually paid for them. It doesnt need to be any more complex or tin foil hat than that. November to April is what 5 months? Not loads of time for circumstances to have changed significantly such that you’d drop your ticket.

Theories such as overselling in november are spurious at best. They cannot oversell, all the tickets come from the same pot.

30 minutes ago, Isaact said:

Literally happens at any other gig already, especially ones that are secure now, pay later.

Unless you genuinely believe stuff like Beyonce and Taylor Swift sells out within 15 seconds of going live - before a human can even input bank details manually.

You can't scalp Glastonbury, but if you own a botnet you can charge people to guarantee them tickets. 

It's an obvious market opportunity.

Bots buying up all the tickets? Absolute rubbish. It's 100% fair system and has been improved further by allowing people to actually enter their payment details calmly a few hours later, knowing they have secured their tickets. 

36 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

I also preferred those days where it took an hour+ because it meant the most determined were staying to the bitter end and slowly getting better odds as people got bored and gave up!

I think this is part of it for me, and also because when it’s over as fast as it was today i feel like I didn’t get a chance, I think as frustrating as an hour+ of hitting F5 is I do at least feel like I had a chance even if unsuccessful!

• Upvote 2

Oh well, my first taste of Glasto defeat.  Gutted, but it's been a good run.  Congrats to those who got tickets!

With regard to the sale, it's brutal how quick it now is.  I'd prefer if they drew it out a bit longer and reward perseverance a bit more, or at least give us a bit more hope for longer!

But I'm not a fan of how its becoming increasingly easier, and almost essential, to get random people to try for your tickets.  I joined a resale group this time (which was very well organised) and imagine I will have to do this for every sale going forward.  Maybe they should attempt to come up with a way of ensuring that only the people in their own groups of 4/6 can try for their own tickets? 

The fact I’m hearing so many people saying it’s the first time they’ve missed out for 10 years or so, makes me think they’ve got the system right. Always seemed to be a closed shop from the outside. I tried for 5 years without any luck before I got organised.

Commiserations to those that have missed out this team.

Edited by Justcalledtosay