Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

4 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Had a dream last night where Elton John, Pulp and The Chemical Brothers were announced as headliners.

The 1975 were doing two other stage headline sets on Saturday and Sunday but one of them was branded as ‘The 1974’ and was just gonna be their older songs.

Not sure what to make of this

It surely means it’s locked in 👍😀

57 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Had a dream last night where Elton John, Pulp and The Chemical Brothers were announced as headliners.

The 1975 were doing two other stage headline sets on Saturday and Sunday but one of them was branded as ‘The 1974’ and was just gonna be their older songs.

Lay off the cheese before bed? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Time to quit the drugs?

The 1975 are an enigma this year. Huge UK tour, multiple UK and European festivals, very obvious GSH... and yet it looks incredibly likely that they're not headlining this year.

I am also leaning toward the 'back up plan' option, though having literally just done that for Reading, you'd think that's the last thing they'd want to be known for. 

Maybe secret set this year and in for 2024? I really don't know. 

1975 keeping their weekend free has had all my 1975 fanboy and fangirl mates drooling the idea that they're headlining, refuse to listen to what sensible information I have regarding AM & GnR and it's going to be the funniest thing ever when they're not on the poster

Honestly feel like them doing the JP Secret Set is the single most obvious thing about this years line up

1 hour ago, leath02 said:

1975 keeping their weekend free has had all my 1975 fanboy and fangirl mates drooling the idea that they're headlining, refuse to listen to what sensible information I have regarding AM & GnR and it's going to be the funniest thing ever when they're not on the poster

Honestly feel like them doing the JP Secret Set is the single most obvious thing about this years line up

Matty healy certainly suits the JP tent. strange man

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, leath02 said:

I really think that the John Peel stage is completely appropriate for Matt Healy and the lads 

1 hour ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

The 1975 are an enigma this year. Huge UK tour, multiple UK and European festivals, very obvious GSH... and yet it looks incredibly likely that they're not headlining this year.

I am also leaning toward the 'back up plan' option, though having literally just done that for Reading, you'd think that's the last thing they'd want to be known for. 

Maybe secret set this year and in for 2024? I really don't know. 

"Secret set" and "back up plan" are pretty much the same thing in my opinion. That's why we get such big acts doing secret sets in the first place.

Been on a long sabbatical since the ticket sale last November, but came back yesterday to see that Guns N Roses have become TBC on the line-up page. Since when and what new info has come up about them headlining? They were just R when I last saw them included in the running.

Aside from that, pretty happy Elton is going to close on Sunday, and that it's confirmed now.

2 hours ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

If I was a big band that wasn’t getting the call I’d keep my schedule free for your Glasto’s, Coachella’s whatever. Stepping in to save the day could be the gig of your career.

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Been on a long sabbatical since the ticket sale last November, but came back yesterday to see that Guns N Roses have become TBC on the line-up page. Since when and what new info has come up about them headlining? They were just R when I last saw them included in the running.

Aside from that, pretty happy Elton is going to close on Sunday, and that it's confirmed now.

Amongst other things, their bassist confirmed it in a radio interview.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If I was a big band that wasn’t getting the call I’d keep my schedule free for your Glasto’s, Coachella’s whatever. Stepping in to save the day could be the gig of your career.

Probably not lol. Glasto isn’t the be all and end all to everyone, leat not millionaire musicians. You wouldn’t be a ‘big band’ in the first place with that bridesmaid attitude.

Edited by Jose Pose

51 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

Aside from the killers, they’re almost always sub level acts or lower.

Yeah but many years sub-level acts headline anyway. It's only the past few festivals that the headliners have been solid gold in terms of size.

Jack White / Foals / Killers - two of them may have been disappointing headliners but we wouldn't have immediately called it as someone else dropping out.

I do wonder if in 2016 Muse were down for a secret set and got the bump.

It also gives the option of bumping up a sub and fitting the secret set act in, or indeed it's a replacement option for the subs themselves.