Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I could say I've had "info" that Ocean Colour Scene are doing a three night headlining residency, doesn't make it true.

I've also heard this from the baker who runs the stall next to the fruit and veg stall

and was collaborated by the candle stick makers who run a stall next to the butchers who are not saying anything

Edited by Florian Saucer Attack
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Not just part of the process, part of the fun!

For some reason fun exited this thread long ago and that’s a shame because this should be part of the hype. Some killjoys here seem furiously determined to defend a trio of whom only one has been announced. 

There is no process, just a thingy.  Personally I'm finding all the indignation humorous - I do have to backtrack 3-10 pages everything I'm trying to figure out what anyone is talking about, but that's all part of the thingy.

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

This.

Why are people so sure AM and GnR are playing, where's the info come from?

I'm not seeing it anywhere else.

Main two -
Poster in the AM forums who has long history of being correct, has cited AM for months
 @roughbloke was told at an event it was AM GnR Elton, again a poster with a long history of getting correct news early

3 minutes ago, p.pete said:

key bit being 'I'm hearing', other things will get heard.  Might be that what Neil heard wasn't actually solid but it fitted with what we've been banging on about on the thread already (thus the 'no big surprise').

Am I missing something though?  Lineup page does still say TBC next to GnR & AM, as far as I can make out the change is to Lizzo & Lewis...

At this point of 'hearing' they were updated to specific dates and 'TBC' on the line up page

5 minutes ago, p.pete said:

key bit being 'I'm hearing', other things will get heard.  Might be that what Neil heard wasn't actually solid but it fitted with what we've been banging on about on the thread already (thus the 'no big surprise').

Am I missing something though?  Lineup page does still say TBC next to GnR & AM, as far as I can make out the change is to Lizzo & Lewis...

That’s the point, TBC always meant nailed on/confirmed, hence several News outlets reporting GnR and AM as headliners off the back of it.

Today Neil has rowed back on it and said they shouldn’t be TBC and that is a mistake and he’s not sure why they are, despite him being the one that set it. Due to past behaviour nobody knows if that’s just due to wishful thinking because a couple of people have mentioned U2 now, or actual solid info.

Hence the confusion. 

Edited by Jose Pose
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

No it’s info that can be thrown into the mix … just like any other info from any other user … the whole point of a speculation thread … it would be a short thread if the first post was the lineup poster !!  I’ve not had info before but this time I’ve had some so shared it here 

Of course speculation is good, but too many people will rush to the internet to post what they've heard in order to appear ITK without actually stopping to check whether it's actually credible.

No point saying "I've heard X is playing when there's solid info to rule them out."

5 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I've also heard this from the baker who runs the stall next to the fruit and veg stall

and was collaborated by the candle stick makers who run a stall next to the butchers who are not saying anything

If it comes from the fruit and veg stall we all know it's credible.

1 minute ago, leath02 said:

At this point of 'hearing' they were updated to specific dates and 'TBC' on the line up page

They still are though, right?  He 'heard' it, updated the lineup, and now it still shows with 'TBC', specific days, and the Pyramid stage:

image.png.346b9320b0a37d7758c73d0584eeb0e6.png

2 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

That’s the point, TBC always meant nailed on/confirmed, hence several News outlets reporting GnR and AM as headliners off the back of it.

Today Neil has rowed back on it and said they shouldn’t be TBC and that is a mistake and he’s not sure why they are, despite him being the one that set it. Due to past behaviour nobody knows if that’s just due to wishful thinking because a couple of people have mentioned U2 now, or actual solid info.

Hence the confusion. 

Ah cool - so still TBC but maybe not TBC for long?  Soooo hard to keep up 🙂  

9 minutes ago, leath02 said:

Main two -
Poster in the AM forums who has long history of being correct, has cited AM for months
 @roughbloke was told at an event it was AM GnR Elton, again a poster with a long history of getting correct news early

Re the AM forums, does anyone which ITK poster on those forums confirmed it? Blake is the one I am vaguely familiar with but I can’t see where he has mentioned it here https://arcticmonkeysus.com/forums/index.php?/topic/18121-glastonbury-2023-rumours/

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Of course speculation is good, but too many people will rush to the internet to post what they've heard in order to appear ITK without actually stopping to check whether it's actually credible.

No point saying "I've heard X is playing when there's solid info to rule them out."

I’m not intentionally posting bullshit … all 6 are available …  Harry unlikely by dates … foos because of timing and lack of material …  3 others mentioned numerous times are looking strong favourites and almost lock-ins .. I’ve no points to score on the internet because of appearing in the know … but I have had info , as yet I’ve no idea who or who doesn’t give solid info apart from the time I’ve spent on these forums and what I’ve recieved maybe because I’m helping neil … before this year I’d never recieved jack shit 

Edited by Crazyfool01

24 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

No dissing the fruit and veg stall!

4 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Wait, so now there's a chance it might not be AM & GNR? 

TBC only ever means with the best available information we'd expect them to get confirmed.  Elton has been confirmed and I'm assuming it might not be him either - I'm sure he's missed a few gigs in his time.

AM are the one who have consistently been named from everyone who has heard / been told so I’d be immensely surprised if they weren’t headlining.

GnR makes most sense if the final slot is a shootout between them and Foo’s and to be honest up until yesterday there was nothing to suggest Foo’s were even active this year but having said that it does put them slightly back in to the picture especially given I was told back in December they were going to be at the festival & that came from the same place I had the AM tour info / venues from (which turned out to be correct)

I’m not championing what I’ve been told over what anyone else has put on here and as I’ve said before I think it won’t be a headline set from the Foo’s because of the same reasons everyone else.

FWIW even though it was only 2 festivals ago I’d take Foo’s over GnR a million times over.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, p.pete said:

TBC only ever means with the best available information we'd expect them to get confirmed. 

That’s a SR though. 

I know things are a bit different with this site these days but in the 17 years I’ve been using it TBC has meant it’s a lock and we’re just waiting for G to confirm. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Festival Liam said:

If somehow it doesn't end up being GnRs, this last couple of months is going to go down in eFestival's history. Amazing scenes even by the standards of this place.

It's only been a few weeks.  Just feels like bloody months.

43 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Well in that case we may as well close the thread as we have "solid info" on all three headliners currently right?

The way I see it, is unless the info is "I've heard X are headlining Sunday night" then it's all useful info. Even if things are arranged, stuff happens. Had I turned up three months ago and told you all I'd heard GnR were headlining Saturday, I'd have been told "can't be, there's solid info it's Taylor"

I'd be astounded at this point if Arctics and GnR weren't "in the frame" for Glastonbury but that doesn't mean it's signed, sealed and delivered. Especially as Glasto pay so little that, if given the offer of a huge payday elsewhere that weekend, you'd at least have to consider it. Especially if it would more than cover any financial penalty you'd face for backing out the Glasto deal. Assuming the deal has even actually been signed at this point.

And before people say "that'd never happen, acts wouldn't agree then pull out in January": Prince.

55 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Why are people so sure AM and GnR are playing, where's the info come from?

its come from a regular source of mine who sends me great info every year, the same guy who  tipped me that blur would do wembley this year.