Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

Styles, GunsNRoses, Elton does very little for the majority of my group but I feel it's quite reflective of the majority of the Glasto audience, and the one I feel the festival is directing itself towards.

AM-Styles
Guns'n'Roses-QOTSA
Elton-Lizzo--Pulp

I think would suit a few more attendees even if not myself.

7 minutes ago, incident said:

It does sound reasonable - and for reasons I can't quite articulate I do think that going Glastonbury > Belgium is far more likely than the other way around would have been (when people were talking about him playing Sunday).

But where I'm struggling with this is that the info for the Arctics was definite about them being the Friday, and came from what apparently has been a previously impeccable source on their own forum.

AM headlining Other?  Assuming my HS intent on world domination hunch is correct he wouldn't bother with back to back nights <edit> without a headline slot </edit> otherwise...

Reaslising that's equally unlikely as AM won't be lower than headlining...

Edited by p.pete

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

Come April i reckon we'll be looking back laughing at the fact we were doubting AM.

Prime efestivals this - act is so certain that people start doubting it / want something new to debate over

Let’s not forget it was only last week people were convinced Liam Gallagher was headlining because someone has said a similar story 

12 minutes ago, p.pete said:

I know nothing about HS, so these assumptions are completely baseless:  He's young enough to be able to do Fri in Somerset and Saturday in Belgium;  He's intent on getting himself to be the biggest thing in the world and headlining will help him do that;  He's not essential to the setup of his own show, so whatever's happening in Belgium it's okay for him to just rock up.  Any of that sound reasonable? 😄 

AM's maybe take themselves a bit more seriously and aren't likely to want to split themselves between cities/countries on consecutive nights, knowing they'd likely not do it justice (more band member = more to go wrong, and older).

I edit'ed my previous post, AM do move around, I just missed the dates as they were in the past - 

Oct 10 Belgium 
Oct 11 Berlin

Nov 4 rio 
Nov 5 sao Paulo

Nov 12 Santiago
Nov 13 Buenos Aires

So there is precedent!

HS not doing back to back nights in different cities came from stuff he said about touring with One Direction and how much he hated the moving around... I don't disagree that he might make an exception for Glasto though

I was adamant Harry Styles could only do the Sunday and even that would mean heading back from Belgium Saturday which ruled him out. Didn't realise he's got Friday free too, again would mean going to Belgium straight after but unlike a Coldplay he's not harping on about about an environmentally friendly tour so won't get called out as a hypocrite.

I'm all for it to be honest, have been a big AM fan but seen them plenty of times and would like to see HS but not enough to fork at +£100 for a ticket to see his tour

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

Come April i reckon we'll be looking back laughing at the fact we were doubting AM.

Prime efestivals this - act is so certain that people start doubting it / want something new to debate over

I don't think there's any harm in discussing it. Yes, it's likely to be AM but without anything other than an apparent well-connected rumour, Saturday and Sunday slots are still both up for grabs. If and when both are confirmed, the discussion will move to whether they're good bookings and what setlists people would like

9 minutes ago, p.pete said:

AM headlining Other?  Assuming my HS intent on world domination hunch is correct he wouldn't bother with back to back nights <edit> without a headline slot </edit> otherwise...

Reaslising that's equally unlikely as AM won't be lower than headlining...

Maybe Harry would be willing to take a lower slot if he's subbing Elton?

Been saying this over and over again but Styles does not do consecutive nights in different venues, cities or countries anywhere on his tour. So why would he change that for a gig as big as Glastonbury? If he was doing GF then he wouldn't have booked Belgium. Coupled with the fact that AM look locked on I just can't see it.

That said, I would much rather see Styles headline the Friday than AM.

Edited by Hugh Jass II

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Been saying this over and over again but Styles does not do consecutive nights in different venues, cities or countries anywhere on his tour. So why would he change that for a gig as big as Glastonbury? If he was doing GF then he wouldn't have booked Belgium. Coupled with the fact that AM look locked on I just can't see it.

That said, I would much rather see Styles headline the Friday than AM.

He would have just booked Belgium for Sunday if he was doing Friday. He gives himself 2-3 days off in-between cities every time in this European tour except once where its still a day. No chance he plays. Sadly

10 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

He would have just booked Belgium for Sunday if he was doing Friday. He gives himself 2-3 days off in-between cities every time in this European tour except once where its still a day. No chance he plays. Sadly

Isn’t he playing in festival location in Belgium , maybe the site was only the Saturday 

6 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

As popular as they are it would be strange to have essentially three acts who've not had a hit song between them in the last decade headline when Harry Styles and The Weeknd are right there.

Elton has had three hit songs in the last 18 months.

Granted all were collaborations, but he was the "lead" on all of them.

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

Absolutely no difference, both trios are frankly dull, uninspiring and unimaginative.

Styles would be a shocking choice, unless he's headlining the kids field.

Styles who headlines stadiums and holds the record for dates at MSG, who was one of the most streamed artists on the planet last year.

why would that be a bad booking for Glastonbury

• Upvote 1

Just now, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Did the AM source specifically say headlining or just that they were there on the Fri? I know it’s a stretch but there’s the vague possibility of the opening Other slot. 

I love how the suggestions are getting progressively more insane as the day goes on…

• Upvote 8

16 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

Weren't they basically just remixes of his old songs though?

I believe so.

I don't think that matters in the slightest though, given that it's still showing he's got material that's doing it here and now.

Edited by incident