Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

9 minutes ago, 2loor2iller said:

Well she is apparently about to announce a greatest hits tours…

Wake me up if said greatest hits tour includes both full songs and recognisable arrangements.

If she pulled that out of the bag then yes she could do a fantastic headline set, but at the moment history suggests neither is likely.

16 hours ago, kingbadger said:

QOTSA could sub any of those headliners easily. Dreading the inevitable clash between Elton and QOTSA or The Prodigy on Other

The Prodigy most likely. Every time they headline Other there is somebody I can't miss at the Pyramid. Oasis 1995 and Blur 2009 spring to mind if I'm not wrong.

2 minutes ago, ericlered said:

The Prodigy most likely. Every time they headline Other there is somebody I can't miss at the Pyramid. Oasis 1995 and Blur 2009 spring to mind if I'm not wrong.

I'd agree this could happen, much to my annoyance. Would be an effective way to split the crowds as they're both classic acts who I'd argue are equally as famous in their genre. Glastonbury isn't always that logical though, as we've seen in the past several years.

18 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Our so everyone too many people are hoping

IF it's the case then GLF need to wake up, it's 2022 FFS.

A year in which Elton has had two number one tracks on constant rotation on the radio.

It's weird. It's really weird that he's having that level of success right now. One could also call the entire Lockdown album quite a cynical way of trying to make himself relevant again. But you can't deny that it worked. Honestly if we took the three most relevant acts from the folks currently rumoured or confirmed, it'd be Elton, Harry Styles and Taylor. Elton beats out Eminem, GnR, Arctics, Blur, Beyonce and pretty much anyone else mentioned.

Yes, he had his career peak many decades ago. But right now he's a big deal. You can find that weird, you can not understand it - hell, I'm a fan and I find it weird and don't understand it too, but you can't deny that it's happening. 

3 hours ago, Bishmaple said:

Does this open up the option for Britney legend slot then guest appearance for her track with reg????

I'm not sure that version is even performable live.

Interesting the BBC took a bit of a lead revealing this. I do wonder if there's some sort of deal there that's allowed them to finally get Elton to play and not break the bank. So the BBC get to broadcast it on the night and iPlayer for 30 days, and then rights revert to Elton and he can sell it to Disney Plus or whoever.

(Which also makes me wonder, if any such arrangements exists, and how much of a diva he is, if we'll end up with some rules around flags in front of the Pyramid, as he's going to want to be able to get those wide shots)

Just now, DeanoL said:

A year in which Elton has had two number one tracks on constant rotation on the radio.

It's weird. It's really weird that he's having that level of success right now. One could also call the entire Lockdown album quite a cynical way of trying to make himself relevant again. But you can't deny that it worked. Honestly if we took the three most relevant acts from the folks currently rumoured or confirmed, it'd be Elton, Harry Styles and Taylor. Elton beats out Eminem, GnR, Arctics, Blur, Beyonce and pretty much anyone else mentioned.

Yes, he had his career peak many decades ago. But right now he's a big deal. You can find that weird, you can not understand it - hell, I'm a fan and I find it weird and don't understand it too, but you can't deny that it's happening. 

I remember Garth Jennings in an interview talking about having a meeting with David Furnish when he wanted to use an Elton song in Sing - and Furnish saying they were keen to have Elton associated with a kids film because whole new generations would grow up with him, and that Furnish skitted legacy acts who are too controlling with their back catalogues becoming irrelevant

The Lockdown album is a pile of shit IMO, but Cold Heart is ok and comfortably his most streamed song on Spotify. I guess they know what they're doing!

I saw Reg at Vicarage Road Stadium this year - probably the only artist that will EVER play at the home of football, that was a great show and a great atmosphere, but that was around £90 for cheap tickets so to have him included as part of the festival, for his last ever UK show, and for the potential to be one of the all time great Pyramid headline sets makes me a very happy person 😄

• Like 1

Updated:

Current state of play:

CONFIRMED:

Reginald Dwight

Very likely:

Arctic Monkeys - Large stadium tour with GSH,  claims they are doing it by ITK people on their forums.

Guns n Roses - Mentioned by poster on here who also named Elton, Emily has bigged them up previously. BST date the week after.

Possibilities:

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Headlining European festivals the week before.

The 1975 - Playing TRNSMT and have been rumoured in the past.

Eminem - Rumoured in the Sun to be in talks

Rhianna - As above

Dua Lipa - Rumoured to be headlining Coachella

Very unlikely:

Blur - Dublin gig on the Saturday

Harry Styles - Belgium gig on the Saturday

Out:

Taylor - Gigs in the US that weekend

Liam Gallagher - Boardmasters exclusive

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

It's probably Guns n Roses.

Interesting. Im spit in what to see if that's the headliners. 

Absolutely hate AM last two albums and heard mixed things about their R+L performance this year. 

Dreaming of Fred again playing which will surely clash with a headliner. Would love to see EJ not too fussed with GnR

Just now, aj6658 said:

Interesting. Im spit in what to see if that's the headliners. 

Absolutely hate AM last two albums and heard mixed things about their R+L performance this year. 

Dreaming of Fred again playing which will surely clash with a headliner. Would love to see EJ not too fussed with GnR

The only reason I wouldn’t be too annoyed about GnR (despite the fact it’s a stale, uninspiring booking) is that there’s a chance they could clash with Fred so I wouldn’t be there anyway. 

16 hours ago, Skip997 said:

No problem with Elton playing, just let's have artists in the appropriate slots. I don't like him, but he is a legend, get him in that slot, free up the headline slot for someone more contemporary.

I didn't get to see either due to clashes but Bille and Kendrick are the sort of booking they should be looking at for headliners. Saw Billie in 2019, she was very good.

So definitely not Eminem then.

1 minute ago, TGCarr said:

I’m so fucking gassed

AM, GNR, EJ

1975, Prodigy and some other big sub.

great

I am liking your thinking.  Just need Fred on WH Saturday Night and I would be doing Fri Other / Sat WH / Sun Pyramid.  Would be incredible