Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

As always they can only book who is available and willing.

Makes me wonder if they put all their eggs in the Taylor basket and after that didn’t happen there weren’t many other options.

Yeah. Just think it’s surprising that they replaced their pop act with a download headliner. But it is what it is.

It wouldn’t surprise me (as you said) if they really thought they had her and a) didn’t negotiate with other acts or b) turned acts away because they thought she was in place. Could have flat out said no to some alternatives who they couldn’t go back to afterwards.

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

No problem with Elton playing, just let's have artists in the appropriate slots. I don't like him, but he is a legend, get him in that slot, free up the headline slot for someone more contemporary.

I didn't get to see either due to clashes but Bille and Kendrick are the sort of booking they should be looking at for headliners. Saw Billie in 2019, she was very good.

Glasto will always go back to the very safe formula of booking your mum's favorite artist. Youll have to live with it this coming year even moreso with GNR coming along. The year its a trio of headliners under the age of 30 youll see a never ending wave of how they lost the plot on not getting  "good old  fashioned bands". Most punters arent ready for the  instant change of classic acts to ones of the last 5-7 years. Elton is likely one of the last legends to headline the Pyramid, so might as well enjoy it while its there.

And the Eavii sure as hell didnt think to replace Roxy Music with Elton. 

Edited by Suprefan

You guys, I listened to/watched recent live GnR. I’ve had tears of incredulous laughter running down my face for minutes. There’s bad and there’s whatever the addled pub singer that was. 

I don’t care who and what looks likely. That cannot happen. I’ll go out of a limb and say I’d rather see Honking Flo. And I can’t stand her. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, scaryclaireyfairy said:

You guys, I listened to/watched recent live GnR. I’ve had tears of incredulous laughter running down my face for minutes. There’s bad and there’s whatever the addled pub singer that was. 

I don’t care who and what looks likely. That cannot happen. I’ll go out of a limb and say I’d rather see Honking Flo. And I can’t stand her. 

Justin Bieber is at BST the Friday. You want that instead?

Just now, scaryclaireyfairy said:

It can happen, and probably will.

Just go watch something else when they’re on.

11 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Other stages and acts are available.

16 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

If it's anything like the Stone Roses reunion when the rest of the band were super tight and the crowd were very loud, I don't think his voice will matter all that much.

• Upvote 2