Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

4 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

With that lineup somebody a little more contemporary has to be the 3rd one right? Rihanna, Eminem... 

Does this rule out Elton, or slide him into the Legends slot (where he absolutely should be anyway.)

Totally agree, that's exactly where he should be and it would work very well.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Not seen a single lineup so far at any festival that’s got me excited. It’s looking really weak across the board. I’m sure Glastonbury will be great but this stinks of a non-vintage year.

If Eminem is the third and final, it's truly a stinker

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Not seen a single lineup so far at any festival that’s got me excited. It’s looking really weak across the board. I’m sure Glastonbury will be great but this stinks of a non-vintage year.

Makes me think of 2019 a bit. A lot of alright lineups but as you say a lack of excitement and big acts. To be fair, all three of Glastonbury’s headliners that year nailed it. I doubt we’ll be saying the same thing about next year’s trio though, no matter who the third one is.

Doesn’t seem an overly popular duo from the early posts on here …. Dread to think how it will go down on fb / twitter … although barely anything seems to go down well on those platforms . It’s gonna be quite a different year for me as I’m quite a pyramid dweller …. Hoping now for Rihanna , Elton or Dua in the 3rd slot 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Can somebody explain to me why an artist as iconic and popular as Elton John, who sold out Hyde Park in minutes and has been on a massive stadium/arena tour for the last few years would do an hour in the middle of the afternoon?

Come on people, he's headline or nothing.

It’s people just transposing their own views about an artist over reality again 

3 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

May well be in the minority. But GnR at Glasto is what I dreamt of in 1996. 

I'll definitely be watching them if they play. I remember missing Slash when he played before, so have always wanted to correct that one day.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Can somebody explain to me why an artist as iconic and popular as Elton John, who sold out Hyde Park in minutes and has been on a massive stadium/arena tour for the last few years would do an hour in the middle of the afternoon?

Come on people, he's headline or nothing.

Nothing then... 🤷‍♂️

But since you asked, because that slot is now billed as a 'headline slot' anyway, (even if we all know it's not,) because he IS a legend, because his voice has not been it's best, because it would be a great singalong. Fits the slot well IMO. 

Just now, Alvoram said:

Nothing then... 🤷‍♂️

But since you asked, because that slot is now billed as a 'headline slot' anyway, (even if we all know it's not,) because he IS a legend, because his voice has not been it's best, because it would be a great singalong. Fits the slot well IMO. 

They've never had an act that size do it before. Even the likes of Dolly and Kylie are nowhere near as big.

He's far too big for that slot and there's absolutely no reason to think he'd take it.

25 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I'm with you on this Matt. In terms of big headliners anyway. Looking a bit like 2018 which had a lot of similar names across the board playing everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Nothing then... 🤷‍♂️

You could suggest all those reasons to put Macca there, but you wouldn’t because it’s Macca. 

You also wouldn’t because it’s Elton, simply far far too big to play the slot .

• Like 1