The "I'm going to Glastonbury 2023" thread

Supernintendo Chalmers

Secured 8 tickets

3 long after the sold out notifications

See and the payment processor have a lot to answer for

As does 2FA on credit/debit cards. We don’t have all that in the US so dodged that bullet

Congratulations to everyone who succeeded. Good luck in the resale for everyone else, we have six more we’re trying for come the resale!

What a feeling guys! Booking confirmed at 9.56 when all hope seemed lost. Had gotten through a couple times before that point and experienced some of the crashes others have been talking about. It’s hard to think of a better system for tickets but I do feel like the current system is maybe close to having runs it’s course (in the same way as selling the tickets in HMV and over the phone ran it’s course). Everyone knows to try multiple devices, browsers, has friends and family trying. People get their tickets and then go straight back in to try for friends. There’s probably not many systems in the world that can handle the traffic that it produces. It worked really well 2014-2017 and felt fair. You new you were through if you were entering your details. Payments crashing at the last moment just seems cruel. I’m not saying it should be changed straight away but I do hope they’re thinking about what sort of changes they could make to make it more inclusive. The world of getting tickets is a cruel one though. Either way, happy to be in and happy I don’t have to get the coach this year!🤣

So glad to see all this success (also very glad i got mine in coach - this morning was a shambles!!)

We managed to get 5 more for the rest of our main group, some +1s didn't get theres but we'll have another go for the resale

Oh my god, it's finally happened! 😃🔥🍻🕺

Excuse the excitement and emojis... My wife and I went to every Glastonbury from 2007 to 2010 and loved all of them. Our son came along in 2011 and we must have started trying for tickets every year from about 2015. Until this morning I've never managed to even get past the holding screen or system crashes. Today the Glastonbury angels were with me and I secured tickets for the two of us (plus a friend) 5 minutes after they were officially sold out.

Just incredibly excited. Now I need you all to tell me what's changed in the last decade... Has the site got even bigger? Are there still giant fire-breathing robot things? Does it still take an age to traverse the site, or are there handy travelators / jet packs these days?

Edited by CardiffWanderer

Just now, CardiffWanderer said:

Excuse the excitement and emojis... My wife and I went to every Glastonbury from 2007 to 2010 and loved every one of them. Our son came along in 2011 and we must have started trying for tickets every year from about 2015. Until this morning I've never managed to even get past the holding screen or system crashes. Today the Glastonbury angels were with me and I secured tickets for the two of us (plus a friend) 5 minutes after they were officially sold out.

Just incredibly excited. Now I need you all to tell me what's changed in the last decade... Has the site got even bigger? Are there still giant fire-breathing robot things? Does it still take an age to traverse the site, or are there handy travelators / jet packs these days?

Travelling about the site has become a lot easier since the monorail got installed in 2016.

Giant spider went for 2019 (replaced by a crane which got binned off due to planning issues), returned in 2022 and will become a helicopter next year 🙂 

2 minutes ago, CardiffWanderer said:

Excuse the excitement and emojis... My wife and I went to every Glastonbury from 2007 to 2010 and loved all of them. Our son came along in 2011 and we must have started trying for tickets every year from about 2015. Until this morning I've never managed to even get past the holding screen or system crashes. Today the Glastonbury angels were with me and I secured tickets for the two of us (plus a friend) 5 minutes after they were officially sold out.

Yes! Yes! Yes! No… 😂 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

Travelling about the site has become a lot easier since the monorail got installed in 2016.

Giant spider went for 2019 (replaced by a crane which got binned off due to planning issues), returned in 2022 and will become a helicopter next year 🙂 

Good to know the monorail was finally installed, but I bent Michael's ear about the jetpacks long ago. Frankly ridiculous this hasn't been introduced yet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

In 2014 a number of eFests members who were going solo formed a group. @Neilvery kindly set up a temporary separate part of the forum for us so we could exchange details etc.

Anyway, 8 years later some of us are still going together, we've picked up a few waifs and strays, friends and family members along the way.

At 10:24 we got confirmation the last group was in; 36 out of 36 purchased. It's a Christmas miracle!

Excellent news!

• Thanks 1

Absolutely buzzing to be going again next year, 8th year me and my mate we'll be doing and we've got 3 others joining us, 2 not been for a long time and a newbie. It was stressful again as I got the page of death but finally got in at 9:20. Got in again to try for someone else but it kept crashing when pressing proceed to payment page.

Edited by Padgey

Real feel good factor reading all these messages 🥰  

We had a bit of drama in our general sale group. Only had three to buy for experienced all the problems everyone else has but got through at 10:30ish. Everything was going fine until I got the message from the page that one of the group had already bought a ticket. A family member had been trying for him and got through before us. Meant one person missed out which was quite disappointing given the instructions I’d laid down. We’ll be trying for him in the re-sales.

Anyway see you all down the farm in June!

Edited by Justcalledtosay

We got through at 10.25 am, a good 20-odd minutes after the Sold Out signs went up. A couple of our group logged off just after 10am, put their phones away and accepted defeat when the Sold Out notifications went out. Was a great surprise for them when they both realised around 12.30pm they were going!

4 minutes ago, PedroPete said:

We got through at 10.25 am, a good 20-odd minutes after the Sold Out signs went up. A couple of our group logged off just after 10am, put their phones away and accepted defeat when the Sold Out notifications went out. Was a great surprise for them when they both realised around 12.30pm they were going!

Almost exactly the same time as I got mine! I’d given up almost, and had actually wandered away from my devices.... two of which had crashed. Had stopped F5 and Ctrl R.... was just letting the remaining two devices which still had the countdown holding page run. Absentmindedly reloaded one of them and got through to the registrations page. It was touch and go between there and payment screen, with much use of the back button, but got there in the end!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

We got ours at 10:22 , way after sold out notices, we could not just accept defeat until it would not let us proceed/ go back . And thank the Glasto gods it paid off 🙂

Gives us something to talk about for the next 8 months 😂