2024 Headliners

11 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Can't wait for the scenes on here when Madonna gets announced to headline BST Friday.

It's like a dream... 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Superscally said:

Lets say SZA is in the frame. Now I hear your 70 million streams, but that does not translate linearly to Pyramid crowd. Also factor in locals...

The National would pull a bigger crowd and pull off a better live set. 

Swap them. 

Also, it's a crying shame that this opportunity has opened up and it won't be Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds who would pull off a Cure 2019 masterpiece. 

Bullshit downvote @e9t3

16 minutes ago, Drinky said:

There’s that video of her on the disabled platform for Macca having the time of her life

She mentioned it in an interview with Vogue as her favourite memory of playing live 

I’m currently listing to Sza. I think she’s very akin to lil nas x and possibly thundercat musically. I’m not certain it’s really my jam for a headliner but encouraged to see them possibly going for another risky booking. 

I’d prefer Olivia Rodrigo for what it’s worth. Would not want Kings of Leon- they played down the road from me at Wrexham last year and didn’t go then, so that would be a no from me. 

Feel like watching Coldplay at Glastonbury is a right of passage so would be thrilled with them. 

I'm not fully caught up so not sure if it's already been suggested that Coldplay are out. Forum was too active this weekend for me to catch up on alllllll the pages on this thread today.

However, take this info as you will (I've no further intel on the matter)...

A very close friend of mine is from Wells and has friends around those parts. He's sent me the following two screenshots, the first was his friend popping up with the 'Coldplay out' statement in a group chat with his home friends. The second is my friend pressing his mate for more info on their private chat.

All very 'mate of mate' info I'm aware but worth sharing because why not. Also, can guarantee it's not fabricated. Although obviously can't personally vouch for the original source as I'm twice removed.

image.jpeg.c6e0181841ac9f55dbc0c1360085f08d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.20a4bc8b45dd54231f3f167ca2ee9f48.jpeg

14 minutes ago, turkey twizzler said:

I'm not fully caught up so not sure if it's already been suggested that Coldplay are out. Forum was too active this weekend for me to catch up on alllllll the pages on this thread today.

A very close friend of mine is from Wells and has friends around those parts. He's sent me the following two screenshots, the first was his friend popping up with the 'Coldplay out' statement in a group chat with his home friends. The second is my friend pressing his mate for more info on their private chat.

All very 'mate of mate' info I'm aware but worth sharing because why not. Also, can guarantee it's not fabricated. Although obviously can't personally vouch for the original source as I'm twice removed.

This is the sh*t I love, let’s get all that solid info thrown out potentially days/weeks before the poster drops. I want to know nothing for certain.

15 minutes ago, turkey twizzler said:

Hmmm.... so pushing for all female headliners then?

Unfortunately that Coldplay info cannot be correct because the source on the other place says so. Everyone here earlier told me so and said that Coldplay are completely locked in.

Would have been good fun to speculate on that though 😊

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

I maybe would have bought it if it wasn't for the "gender" thing. 

"Sorry my close personal friend Chris Martin, I know you're playing the festival for a packet of crisps despite being one of the biggest musicians on the planet, but we want a woman"

Just now, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Unfortunately that Coldplay info cannot be correct because the source on the other place says so. Everyone here earlier told me so and said that Coldplay are completely locked in.

Would have been good fun to speculate on that though 😊

Or - that Coldplay info cannot be correct because nobody has info on the festival beforehand, so it's all guesswork? 

2 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

I maybe would have bought it if it wasn't for the "gender" thing. 

"Sorry my close personal friend Chris Martin, I know you're playing the festival for a packet of crisps despite being one of the biggest musicians on the planet, but we want a woman"

Yeah, this.

Sounds like a person who forwards messages saying that you're not allowed say "Happy Christmas" any more.

3 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Hmmm.... so pushing for all female headliners then?

Which is perfectly fine, but if it’s a total mess trying to achieve this for 2024 it’s not too clever. And certainly from the outside it’s giving the impression of being a mess. I hope there’s a grand masterplan* in place that’s yet to be revealed.

All other festivals seem to have all their line-ups sorted without undue drama.

*that’s no reference to the Gallagher bros.

Just now, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that Chris Martin would partake in an open conversation about the festivals gender balance

I've just messaged his aunt who plays bingo with my granny to find out. Will send on screen shots when she replies. 

1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Which is perfectly fine, but if it’s a total mess trying to achieve this for 2024 it’s not too clever. And certainly from the outside it’s giving the impression of being a mess. I hope there’s a grand masterplan* in place that’s yet to be revealed.

You have info that Oasis are playing? 

3 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

The festival have said nothing at all so how are they giving the impression of being in a mess? 

As previously said, nothing is running late - we don’t usually have a poster by this date. 

The only thing that’s a mess is outside speculation! 

Edited by stuie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1