2024 Headliners

Just now, Alex DeLarge said:

Wasn't referring to you CF if it seemed that way. If someone's not into SZA or don't know her work - who cares?

It's the smug "I've never heard of this person, therefore they're shite" attitude which is just annoying. 

It’s OK that people have different opinions to you, my guy. 

It’s a music forum. Where people discuss music.

Just now, nikkic said:

It’s OK that people have different opinions to you, my guy. 

It’s a music forum. Where people discuss music.

Thanks for the lesson mate, had no idea.

I might try turning up to a book club with the same attitude.

"So, what did we think of The Catcher in the Rye?"

"Load of bollocks mate, not worth your time"

"Why do you think that Alex?"

"I've never read it, let alone heard of it."

"But J.D. Sallinger-"

"WHO?!"

Thing is

7 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Wasn't referring to you CF if it seemed that way. If someone's not into SZA or don't know her work - who cares?

It's the smug "I've never heard of this person, therefore they're shite" attitude which is just annoying. 

yeah I get that but dont think its such a big thing , especially not on here as many will check her out based on this discussion , as we have seen on this page and make decisions based on listens rather than preempt . makes sense to listen first 

17 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I do as well, and no she isn't. But I think the stereotype is still broadly accurate (at least speaking as someone it generally applies to)

Having worked on the gates at the BST show last year I would disagree, there wasn't many "6music dads" coming though it was majority "tiktok generation"

Been a while since I’ve posted on here (new account don’t know where the old one is).

Just came to say SZA is a top headliner. It’s a push, but they won’t regret it in a few years.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, M42 said:

Been a while since I’ve posted on here (new account don’t know where the old one is).

Just came to say SZA is a top headliner. It’s a push, but they won’t regret it in a few years.

matt42 ? 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

give @eFestivals a dm if you are struggling with sign in it should be recoverable if you forgotten sign in email 

I’ve been unable to log into my old account for ages and just gave up. Would rather just let it be. Not desperate about getting it back.

8 minutes ago, Mcbatesman said:

Having worked on the gates at the BST show last year I would disagree, there wasn't many "6music dads" coming though it was majority "tiktok generation"

They're buying the albums though....

But I know what you mean. Screams were deafening. Beatlemania sh*t.

Come June I reckon we're all going to be sacking off the big pointy bastard for the absolutely stacked line up of headliners across the rest of the site anyway. 

Glastonbury aspires to attract a younger audience and not become a stale annual event for the middle aged and middle classes and in that respect SZA would be a solid booking.  Whether her material is a bit mild and mellow for a stomping headliner set is up for question, but you could have said the same about Billie's second album and the consensus was that she delivered the goods with that set.

15 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

I know why she won’t, but if she played Tiny Dancer, I’d be all for it. But she so obviously won’t, it would be a total waste of time to ever actually say it…

Stupid argument, at least my option is an actual song Stevie Nicks was apart of. She's not expected to fo an Elton John song.

23 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Thanks for the lesson mate, had no idea.

I might try turning up to a book club with the same attitude.

"So, what did we think of The Catcher in the Rye?"

"Load of bollocks mate, not worth your time"

"Why do you think that Alex?"

"I've never read it, let alone heard of it."

"But J.D. Sallinger-"

"WHO?!"

I hadn’t heard of SZA

I’ve had a listen 

I think it’s about vanilla as it gets 

I’ve voiced that opinion 

But I think she’s clearly big enough if she’s headlining BST

It’s really not that hard to understand 

I personally reckon there is a heritage name billed top line if they have Coldplay, Dua, SZA headlining. Pulp or Stevie Nicks is my guess.

if I was a betting man for pyramid heads/subs

Coldplay / LCD Soundsystem

Dua Lipa / (Pulp or Stevie Nicks)

SZA / Burna Boy

Doja Cat, Kasabian, The National as other headliners. Although wouldn’t be surprised if we get Catfish instead of Kasabian.

6 minutes ago, nikkic said:

But I think she’s clearly big enough if she’s headlining BST

That's not a great indicator though. By the same token, Shania Twain is headlining BST - and nobody is suggesting she should be bumped up to headline the Pyramid.

To be honest I wouldn't have heard of her if I didn't have kids. Three underwhelming headliners if true but I think her and Dua Lipa will be really popular with the younger crowd. I'll be elsewhere but that's the beauty of Glastonbury 

• Upvote 2