2024 Headliners

59 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Sorry for the self promo but it's kind of interesting to see people's views of potential headliners away from the eFests bubble.

This is your twitter account?!

2 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Where did they go? Discord?

A lot of members signed up to Discord (myself included) however I have only lurked occasionally on there, never posted. I don't find Discord as user friendly as this forum. I am pretty sure that the amount of members is far higher than the amount of posters for the same reason. 

1 hour ago, Chip Batch said:

Whatever went on there with posters (and Neil?) leaving I missed all that I think! News to me. 

@Neilsold eFestivals last year due to health reasons. 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

That's the one that's jumping out at me. That and the vote going the opposite way for The 1975.

The negative vote for The 1975 has shocked me a bit. 

I guess it depends on if people are voting for what they personally like (in which case the vote probably makes sense) or if they think it’s a good booking for the festival. 

54 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

@Neilsold eFestivals last year due to health reasons. 

not just for health reasons, the health problems happened to coincide with the opportunity to sell.... i had a few buyers offering me money all at the same time , and those have been very occasional in the 25 years i'd been here.

Glasto having booking issues you say? Not such a nice feeling is it. Nobody is immune, always remember that. From Madge to Stevie ( wonder ) to something else. Imagine if Coldplay wasnt  even playing and there isnt a gigantic name in the trio to anchor it all.

• Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Glasto having booking issues you say? Not such a nice feeling is it. Nobody is immune, always remember that. From Madge to Stevie ( wonder ) to something else. Imagine if Coldplay wasnt  even playing and there isnt a gigantic name in the trio to anchor it all.

Why are you even here? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Why did the inside info efesters move to discord? Just because Neil sold up?

Some did, not all.

It was before that. Some twats were expending a frankly odd amount of time and effort to f**k with the forums, the discord was set up to provide a home for said twats. Neil went miles OTT trying to get rid of them, and other posters got caught in the crossfire and decided they'd had enough.

Bedding down with the twats that caused the issue in the first place doesn't make sense to me, but what can you do.

Yes, obviously I'm simplifying, but it's broadly right.

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, incident said:

Some did, not all.

It was before that. Some twats were expending a frankly odd amount of time and effort to f**k with the forums, the discord was set up to provide a home for said twats. Neil went miles OTT trying to get rid of them, and other posters got caught in the crossfire and decided they'd had enough.

Bedding down with the twats that caused the issue in the first place doesn't make sense to me, but what can you do.

Yes, obviously I'm simplifying, but it's broadly right.

The best evaluation of it yet.

Be careful not to anger them, they still lurk in the shadows and talk shite about people who wrong them on discord. 

20 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

The best evaluation of it yet.

Be careful not to anger them, they still lurk in the shadows and talk shite about people who wrong them on discord. 

They mostly come at night, mostly. 

8 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

That's the one that's jumping out at me. That and the vote going the opposite way for The 1975.

The 1975 are a marmite-esque artist though, and the poll will be among those who still have something of a bubble around this place. (Absolutely no offence intended! I like getting up a poll!)