2024 Headliners

13 minutes ago, 1986 said:

This indicates there were decks there already which was news to me.

Yes, there was...

The music doesn’t end there, a richly eclectic soundscape accompanies Carhenge from 10am each day. Delving deep into the record boxes of a spectrum of styles, from afro beats right through to rock’n’roll, including DJ sets from Youth, Dan Donovan (B.A.D./Dreadzone), Don Letts, Steve Bedlam, Greg Belson, Tim Rockins, Rev. Schnider and Bad Vita Von Tease, Kabz, Baby Soul, Gaz Mayall, Gonchan, Ruby Flashman, Para, Peach, Little Mickey, Wreckage International, Coco, Rozi, Marco, Fang, Mark Sinclair, Chris Holt, Everything for Ever, Kaz Selekta, Beth Whitts, Andy Pyett, Fly Fox, Will Kayll and more.

Also featuring specially made playlists from Pandit G (Asian Dub Foundation), Paul Hartnol (Orbital), Segs (Ruts DC), Danielle Moore (Crazy P Soundsystem), Kenny Diezel, DJ Aeon23, Pilani, Nicky General, Slinky Slug and more.

9 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Just when I thought Car Henge couldn’t get any worse 

hahaha

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Just when I thought Car Henge couldn’t get any worse 

Hey no need to be so grumpy, plenty of other places. 

He always gets a crowd and he's supported the festival for nowt for about three decades, so huge kudos from me. 

Hey kids.  Been absent for a while and just trying to get up to speed.  So it's looking like Dua Lipa, Coldplay and Stevie Wonder, with talks with Madge having fell through?  I'd be fairly happy with that TBF.  Madonna is and always was hugely overrated IMO so she can get in the sea as far as I'm concerned.

I see Stevie is getting some hate.  It's like the run up to 2010 all over again.  His set that Sunday was not only the highlight of the festival, but probably in my top 3 gigs ever.  Was always going to be incredible and did not disappoint at all.

2 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Hey kids.  Been absent for a while and just trying to get up to speed.  So it's looking like Dua Lipa, Coldplay and Stevie Wonder, with talks with Madge having fell through?  I'd be fairly happy with that TBF.  Madonna is and always was hugely overrated IMO so she can get in the sea as far as I'm concerned.

I see Stevie is getting some hate.  It's like the run up to 2010 all over again.  His set that Sunday was not only the highlight of the festival, but probably in my top 3 gigs ever.  Was always going to be incredible and did not disappoint at all.

I haven't seen much hate for Stevie.  I've not even seen anyone saying he can get in the sea, for example 🙂 

Still holding out for Madonna, personally.  Apparently Stevie will soon be announced for BST but it's only randoms on the internet saying that, so not quite TBC as far as I'm concerned. 

3 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

That's about the crux of it. I was still holding out that the Coldplay info was wrong but there seems to be a few people hearing from 'sources' that they are playing. 

I'm the same with you on Stevie over Madonna, definite upgrade with the added bonus that I missed him in 2010 due to choosing someone else.

4 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

yep thats a good summary of where we are .... just awaiting the BST announcements which will likely make Stevie a bit more locked in 

30 minutes ago, clarkete said:

He always gets a crowd and he's supported the festival for nowt for about three decades, so huge kudos from me. 

I'm not sure about the 'for nowt' part.  He has a fair chunk of hospitality tickets for his family and friends. 

32 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I’m not grumpy, I just think FBS is utter garbage 

4 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Oh come on, don't be like that 🙂 he brings the party and he's still a big draw for people who aren't particularly into electronic music normally! 

(but ultimately yes I agree and his son is bringing through the next generation of utter garbage)

12 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Stevie -  His set that Sunday was not only the highlight of the festival, but probably in my top 3 gigs ever.  Was always going to be incredible and did not disappoint at all.

I completely agree, it was amazing, and i know this is going to sound stupid but i'm thinking of swerving him this year in case it isnt up to the same stellar perfect evening it was in 2010 - i kind of want that preserved perfectly in my memory.

But its very dumb, why wouldnt i want to see more Stevie Wonder! 

7 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

If I have created negativity on the stevie booking I apologise. His 2010 appearance of the richest most heartwarming things ive experienced at the Pyramid and I remember the glib comments on here in the run up...

His 2019 Dublin show - i left early and one of the most disappointing shows ive ever seen mate - might be an outlier. I wasnt alone however. Hyde park got a plethora of 3/5 reviews. Couple suggested he could/should retire...

17 minutes ago, nikkic said:

each to there own, like @stuie said, he has a pull for people that wouldn't normally go for electronic dance music, I've always enjoyed seeing him around the festival.

Albeit his set is a bit repetitive 👀 - you can watch his 2012 creamfields set on youtube and pretty much see the same thing this year. But its fun and people like it. On a personal note, his tech set he done and shared on soundcloud this year was special, very rare set from him, highly recommend. 

Petition to get more Fatboy sets like this 👇

10 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

His 2019 Dublin show - i left early and one of the most disappointing shows ive ever seen mate - might be an outlier. I wasnt alone however. Hyde park got a plethora of 3/5 reviews. Couple suggested he could/should retire...

Hmmmm.  There may be something in this.  He was getting on a bit in 2010 but still had it.  Can't imagine his ability to perform has improved in the intervening 14 years.  Might need to check out some more recent footage.....

9 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Hmmmm.  There may be something in this.  He was getting on a bit in 2010 but still had it.  Can't imagine his ability to perform has improved in the intervening 14 years.  Might need to check out some more recent footage.....

There isnt any.....

But he's had the surgery for what was ailing him (kidney transplant) and if anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt its Stevland

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

In the last 24 hours I have listened to

Olivia Rodrigo

Coldplay x BTS

Rianne Downey

The Big Moon

Holly Humberstone

Oasis

Taylor Swift

Sigrid

Kendrick Lamar feat SZA

Dua Lipa

I take it the kids got hold of your Spotify account 

40 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

There isnt any.....

But he's had the surgery for what was ailing him (kidney transplant) and if anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt its Stevland

I get chills to this day thinking about the keytar intro in 2010. Energy levels!

For me at least one of the iconic moments in my time on the farm. Stevie wandering slowly across that stage to that gnarly droney riff on a sublime balmy night.

9 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

I get chills to this day thinking about the keytar intro in 2010. Energy levels!

For me at least one of the iconic moments in my time on the farm. Stevie wandering slowly across that stage to that gnarly droney riff on a sublime balmy night.

Agreed. And the chances of him being anywhere near that good this time around are slim indeed. 

3 hours ago, 1986 said:

This indicates there were decks there already which was news to me.

Yeah, DJ booth was up in one of the cars 

Edit - not in a car but a small booth 

IMG_20240201_130537.jpg

Edited by gazzared
Info