2024 Headliners

9 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

So potential call ups could be ? 

The 1975 would be my pick, they’re about to go into an indefinite hiatus so would be the last performance for some time. I also think they’re ready for it, but is a significant drop from Madge. 

In that recent podcast, it sounded like they had someone in mind but the 'big American act' through that out, something like "thank God we left that spot open". 

Whoever that was may still be available, unless of course Madonna has never actually been a realistic option.

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

In that recent podcast, it sounded like they had someone in mind but the 'big American act' through that out, something like "thank God we left that spot open". 

Whoever that was may still be available, unless of course Madonna has never actually been a realistic option.

Cher bumped up from legend slot and Heart doing legend 👍

2 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Just give her whatever she wants damn it. I know that’s obviously easier said than done… but they budged big time for the Stones and Madonna is definitely in the same bracket of ‘one chance to make this happen megastar’. Just tell Coldplay they’re doing it for free this time and have Kaiser Chiefs sub them to make some spare money. 

Nope, overpaying for headliners reduces the quality elsewhere. She hasn’t been relevant for years. At this stage of her career Madonna should just be just glad of the publicity a Glastonbury headline slot will be. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AndyL16 said:

The 1975 would be my pick, they’re about to go into an indefinite hiatus so would be the last performance for some time. I also think they’re ready for it, but is a significant drop from Madge. 

This isn’t true. They’re going on an ‘indefinite touring hiatus’ which just means they’re not gonna do any more shows til the next album cycle

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

Nope, overpaying for headliners reduces the quality elsewhere. She hasn’t been relevant for years. At this stage of her career Madonna should just be just glad of the publicity a Glastonbury headline slot will be. 

She's an artist that is for the most part immortalised. Define "relevant"?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

Last studio album 4 years ago with poor sales. Doesn’t scream relevant to me.

Who gives a flying f**k?

Macca and Elton weren't booked off the back of their work in the last few years. Even the f**king Killers won't be booked due to f**king Pressure Machine.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Superscally said:

I love that we're ruling out Madonna on the basis of money, then suggesting ACDC. They'd want ten times as much as Madonna.

Not relevant, but I love how the Midjourney AI prompt for "Angus Young Taking A Phone Call Mid-Gig" has grafted Brian Johnson's flat cap onto his napper.