2024 Headliners

6 hours ago, MichaelsBeard said:

Can someone explain why Madonna is seemingly ruled out with her US tour starting mid-July? Playing the G a couple of weeks before kicking that off puts her in prime contention IMO 

*Edit - just realised the dates listed on her site are for July of this year and to be rescheduled. Has there been specific information the US tour will be Summer next year? Seems a long gap after finishing the Europe leg in December 

The u.s dates in dec and january are still happening btw.

to further clarify there was somebody in here that said Madonna would be in north america in June next year which  points towards the rescheduled dates. Then yesterday somebody I know that works at the label said July for Los Angeles. So put it together and the chances are lowered she would be at glasto if her tour begins sometime in June. Especially since glasto is at the end of June in 2024?

if Ariana Grande wasnt busy making a movie and had an album in the works would that satisfy enough people in here? Signs point towards yes with a small batch of folk who object.

quite enjoying now that another cover band is not the front runner to headline the festival. Amazing standards being kept.

Edited by Suprefan

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Yeah the Super Bowl was awful. Production was good but her actual “performance” was terrible. Heavily mimed and she just looked like she couldn’t be arsed.

Was it mimed or do you want to keep finding f**king excuses. Also, try doing the performance while pregnant you twat.   Taylor Swift mimes but oh wait, she performs for 3 hours so its the greatest thing in the universe. Billie Eilish technically mimed the entire set last year but isnt hit with such harsh criticism. Either accept that backing tracks just are a normal thing or get your head out of 1988 when Milli Vanilli faked out everyone and caused you to have a stick up your ass.

Edited by Suprefan
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Was it mimed or do you want to keep finding f**king excuses. Also, try doing the performance while pregnant you twat.   Taylor Swift mimes but oh wait, she performs for 3 hours so its the greatest thing in the universe. Billie Eilish technically mimed the entire set last year but isnt hit with such harsh criticism. Either accept that backing tracks just are a normal thing or get your head out of 1988 when Milli Vanilli faked out everyone and caused you to have a stick up your ass.

Is it bedtime? Is that why you're such a little grumpy pants?

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Mate, is Rhianna your mum or something?

That’s a very angry response.

Angry teenage edgelord.

Edited by Hugh Jass II

8 minutes ago, crumbler said:

You trying walking around a bit on a platform while pregnant!

Hey don't forget that she has 14, thats right 14 nunber one songs..

...even though its actually 6 uk number one singles not 14

ummm yeah take that you twats

100 cash registers at coachella amiright

Edited by JonSnow
  • Like 1

I know Queen with AL will not do it for obvious reasons, but if Brain and Michael could bury the hatchet they would be brilliant. I saw them at the O2 on their last run and there was not a wasted second in the two hour performance. Even with this incarnation of the show running for a long time Freddie is still part of it, both in the hearts of both audience and band and at times in the show itself. Adam Lambert could not have been more humble and boy has he got a pair of lungs on him. It really was incredibly moving as well as being a kick-ass rock and roll show. They'd absolutely slay it.

Anyway back to more realistic headliners

Dua Lipa/Foos/Madge (if possible)

Olivia on the alternate list if album 2 takes off (which it will)

I think Rhianna's reputation for poor live performances may count against her, even though she is clearly headline material from a status standpoint.

3 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Do we have any info claiming Rhianna is actually interested in a tour , she will want to spend the next year or so with her baby and not want to pack up and travel around the world 

I don't think so. It seems more based on her (apparently) being the one who slipped through the net for 2023.

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Would you give the constant unnecessary tantrums a rest please?

18 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

I know Queen with AL will not do it for obvious reasons, but if Brain and Michael could bury the hatchet they would be brilliant. I saw them at the O2 on their last run and there was not a wasted second in the two hour performance. Even with this incarnation of the show running for a long time Freddie is still part of it, both in the hearts of both audience and band and at times in the show itself. Adam Lambert could not have been more humble and boy has he got a pair of lungs on him. It really was incredibly moving as well as being a kick-ass rock and roll show. They'd absolutely slay it.

Anyway back to more realistic headliners

Dua Lipa/Foos/Madge (if possible)

Olivia on the alternate list if album 2 takes off (which it will)

I think Rhianna's reputation for poor live performances may count against her, even though she is clearly headline material from a status standpoint.

If they can get Rihanna they’ll book her. They’ve taken plenty of gambles on acts with reps for being ‘dodgy’ live (three times this year in fact).

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

The u.s dates in dec and january are still happening btw.

to further clarify there was somebody in here that said Madonna would be in north america in June next year which  points towards the rescheduled dates. Then yesterday somebody I know that works at the label said July for Los Angeles. So put it together and the chances are lowered she would be at glasto if her tour begins sometime in June. Especially since glasto is at the end of June in 2024?

if Ariana Grande wasnt busy making a movie and had an album in the works would that satisfy enough people in here? Signs point towards yes with a small batch of folk who object.

quite enjoying now that another cover band is not the front runner to headline the festival. Amazing standards being kept.

yes with a small batch of folk who object” sums up the reaction to most acts.

I’ve tried to decipher that last paragraph but I can’t. What standards are being kept, by who, and according to who?

2 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

If they can get Rihanna they’ll book her. They’ve taken plenty of gambles on acts with reps for being ‘dodgy’ live (three times this year in fact).

Plenty of people on here have seen people with apparently poor live shows or bits of  and enjoyed them immensely .... GNR and Elton were both mentioned at some point during the last headliner thread for voices being shot ... I saw Lionel recently who had a terrible rep from a broadcast performance and I loved every minute ... id probably see Rhianna too its what you make of it on the night and how many songs you are familiar with 

Rihanna is due any day now (allegedly). She had her first kid last May (2022) and was planning to be on the road from April 2023, as a springboard from the Super Bowl (allegedly). She was presumably happy to tour when her first kid was less than a year old, so that’s why there’s an assumption that she’ll put her plans back by a year and tour next summer, which puts G in the frame.

5 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Plenty of people on here have seen people with apparently poor live shows or bits of  and enjoyed them immensely .... GNR and Elton were both mentioned at some point during the last headliner thread for voices being shot ... I saw Lionel recently who had a terrible rep from a broadcast performance and I loved every minute ... id probably see Rhianna too its what you make of it on the night and how many songs you are familiar with 

Exactly, totally agree. I’ve seen some really poor live videos of GNR/Elton/Lionel but really enjoyed all 3 at Glastonbury. Arctics have an iffy live rep, McCartney couldn’t sing anymore according to many, Kanye was a big gamble. They still booked them.

I’m not a Rihanna fan and wouldn’t go and see her but (could almost copy and paste this bit) if Glastonbury can get her for the fee they pay they would be insane not to do it. Internet rumblings about her live credentials are irrelevant.