2024 Headliners

9 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Cause they played last year and not long before that too. 

. Theyve had artists play multiple years in a row and they just keep moving stages. Are they going to tell the 1975 they cant play any uk festival within a year before or after glasto just to get some sort of rarity factor? Doubt it. This is the nature of the uk festival business, there arent many exclusives and a ton of crossover so you can see band x,y or z headline somewhere. If there were actual radius clauses/exclusives then this would be way more cut throat and glasto might be having a tougher time since they cant give an act a full paycheck.

Edited by Suprefan

Important caveat to The 1975 doing R&L again is that it's an album-in-full show (their self-titled debut from 10 years ago) rather than the headline show they've been touring for the past 2 years - feels like they'll do this, then disappear until a new album in the spring. If there's a buzz about the new record then it'll be strange if they're not in the frame

Edited by Drinky

9 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Feel like the 1975’s best shot at it was coming back after a bit of a break then doing glasto a bit more exclusively than what they’re doing atm. They headline trnsmt this year and then 3 of the last 4 reading/ Leeds. Just makes it more underwhelming if they then did glasto in 2024 after doing basically every other fest.

Much as I love AM, the 1975 probs should have played this year instead 

Doubt it’ll make any difference to their chances next year. Glastonbury doesn’t care about exclusivity in the same year let alone different years.

1 minute ago, Drinky said:

Important caveat to The 1975 doing R&L again is that it's an album-in-full show (their self-titled debut from 10 years ago) rather than the headline show they've been touring for the past 2 years - feels like they'll do this, then disappear until a new album in the spring. If there's a buzz about the new record then it'll be strange if they're not in the frame

This is how they probably get around a Glastonbury show if they are in the frame next year. The fact that it's 10 years since the album maybe made it just acceptable to booked them.

I'd be amused if they basically marketed DM and The 1975 as both headliners next year giving them longer sets. They would definitely have more room to do it with DM than GNR

4 hours ago, Drinky said:

They’re touring the US in the autumn/winter and have already announced a UK tour for 2024.

36 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I tweeted the William Hill odds this morning. It's really interesting to see views outside the eFests bubble. "It's Taylor!", "Foos self confirmed on stage this year!", "Who is Dua Lipa?", "Absolute vomit fest!"

I enjoyed the lad who claimed the odds were down to Emily being in charge of booking now instead of Michael.

On 7/10/2023 at 6:29 PM, FloorFiller said:

LADstonbury back in full force after all these flippin’ women clogging up the top line in ‘24.

To which there will be equally tedious moaning about all these flippin' men clogging up the top line.

32 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

What about one of Cardi B and Doja cat?

Has that been discussed?

I know for a load of people on here they'd go down like a wet long drop but they're undeniably big names to top el pointo.

Cardi B wouldn't headline Glastonbury. She's a strong Other headliner, but she'd have to take her career to another level to be in with a shot at headlining the Pyramid.

We know Doja Cat was originally booked to sub the Pyramid in 2022 and she's probably still at that same level now. Depending on how this new album goes she could be in the headliner conversation, but that remains to be seen.

2 hours ago, Mr. B said:

Probs doesn't hurt for 1975 to do Festival Republic another favour

It is a bit lazy for them to stand in two years on the bounce (not their fault). Seen them last year at Reading and loved 'em, plus love the first album. But surely it's a bit bizarre. It's Reading & Leeds, they don't need that big an act for that slot. 

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I imagine Cardi would probably be too expansive these days given she headlines pretty much everything and obviously wouldn’t be offered that at Glastonbury.

Could see Doja coming back to do her cancelled sub slot.

I'd forgotten she was booked originally. 

Yeah Cardi would be incredibly pricey. 

I'd just love to see them "take a shot" with these acts that could do an incredible set. E.g. I'm in the camp that thinks if Lana Delay had been pyramid she'd have knocked it over, and Lizzo would have shot it into space.

6 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

I'd forgotten she was booked originally. 

Yeah Cardi would be incredibly pricey. 

I'd just love to see them "take a shot" with these acts that could do an incredible set. E.g. I'm in the camp that thinks if Lana Delay had been pyramid she'd have knocked it over, and Lizzo would have shot it into space.

Cant be too optimistic the eavii would try it anyway. Im sure tons of "is this wireless fest now?" comments Would come up. You know thats code for something else.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Cant be too optimistic the eavii would try it anyway. Im sure tons of "is this wireless fest now?" comments Would come up. You know thats code for something else.

Creates dream scenario where people say ‘is this wireless fest now?’ because Cardi B has been booked to headline and then proceeds to hint that anybody who would say such a thing is actually racist.

Hmm.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Creates dream scenario where people say ‘is this wireless fest now?’ because Cardi B has been booked to headline and then proceeds to hint that anybody who would say such a thing is actually racist.

Hmm.

Those who recall Suprefan's behaviour around the time of the Astroworld tragedy would question why he's so quick to play the race card...

21 hours ago, Baby On A Stick said:

It is a bit lazy for them to stand in two years on the bounce (not their fault). Seen them last year at Reading and loved 'em, plus love the first album. But surely it's a bit bizarre. It's Reading & Leeds, they don't need that big an act for that slot. 

They need an act who sells tickets though, and they have a fanbase who will do so - especially for a special album event like that. I can’t see cheaper options like Royal Blood or Courteeners having the same impact.

Would honestly feel quite disappointed in the festival if they booked The 1975 to headline. I know a lot of headliners have had problematic pasts, but Healy's doing actively hostile edgelord bullshit on stage. Giving him the Pyramid to do that would be kinda gross.