2024 Headliners

11 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Was thinking that the Elton John coverage is going to be a fukcking immense advertisement to potential future headliners. 

Surely someone like Madonna watching that and see the effect it has on sales etc would be keen..?

As a self confessed anglophile I’d be surprised if Madge wasn’t already aware of the significance.

Was unsure where else to put this, but I know there’s been some mention of Depeche Mode potentially doing a run of dates (including Glasto next year)

We’re at their show in Berlin tonight and it seems next years dates are getting announced tomorrow, so might have some indication early doors as to whether they’re in or out 

IMG_5114.jpeg

17 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Was unsure where else to put this, but I know there’s been some mention of Depeche Mode potentially doing a run of dates (including Glasto next year)

We’re at their show in Berlin tonight and it seems next years dates are getting announced tomorrow, so might have some indication early doors as to whether they’re in or out 

IMG_5114.jpeg

Nice. Hoping we have a nice head to head between the third headliner being them or The 1975 for a while, only for it to end up being somebody else entirely. 

8 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Glastonbury is a broad church and is to be commended for its open minded booking policy and wide-spanning and eclectic range of options.

However, pop punk is a bridge too far.

Yeah pop punk is literally the bottom of the barrel. It's not that dry yet guys. 

21 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Yeah pop punk is literally the bottom of the barrel. It's not that dry yet guys. 

For a festival crowd that is supposed to be all encompassing there’s a lot of sneering towards certain genres. 

Especially as it was only 15 years ago you’d have been laughed at if Taylor swift was the act people really wanted to headline

Edited by Rodders2023
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rodders2023 said:

For a festival crowd that is supposed to be all encompassing there’s a lot of sneering towards certain genres. 

Especially as it was only 15 years ago you’d have been laughed at if Taylor swift was the act people really wanted to headline

lawnchair crowd reigns supreme. Itll prob take til emily is michaels age and the current young generations actual open mindedness to translate. 

2 hours ago, Xeph1995 said:

So why havent they booked k pop or a foreign language act if that would qualify as a higher tier.  Yeah, thought so..

Travis Scott literally said f**k the pyramid stage, he'll just perform at the real one instead

IMG_6482.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

lawnchair crowd reigns supreme. Itll prob take til emily is michaels age and the current young generations actual open mindedness to translate. 

So why havent they booked k pop or a foreign language act if that would qualify as a higher tier.  Yeah, thought so..

Travis Scott literally said f**k the pyramid stage, he'll just perform at the real one instead

Thought what?

3 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

IMG_6482.jpeg

I just find it strange how pop punk bands are sh*t on, because apparently they “aren’t glastonbury headliners” whilst a lot of this board are all over Taylor swift & praying it would happen if this was 15 years ago before Jay Z you’d have been laughed off the board suggesting Taylor swift headlining. 

I’ll be honest I’m all for bands but I appreciate the festival has pivoted in the last 15 years. So understand that the likes of swift are now in the frame but I don’t get the sneering at pop punk as though it’s not that when swift is practically bubblegum pop & she’s fawned over. When that’s as far away from what the festival was as it could be when it began 

• Upvote 1

I’m 45 and been going to Glasto since 2004! 

Quite frankly I’m sick and tired of the ageing near dead rock and rollers they keep wheeling out. FFS be more current. 

Rant over. 

Oh! But not Taylor f**king Swift (which we now know it isn’t) 

12 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Nice. Hoping we have a nice head to head between the third headliner being them or The 1975 for a while, only for it to end up being somebody else entirely. 

If it is them, then the Pyramid is in for an absolute treat. Played a 2 hr 15 minute set last night absolutely full of hits, and both Gahan and Gore were in their element, still going strong by the time they finished with Personal Jesus. Amazing show!

The Betting Odds always remind me of when Neil dropped the Kasabian Headline news whilst a certain reputable bookmaker still had them at like 16/1. I think a fair few off this forum obtained some additional spending money that year.

Long story short, the bookmakers don't really know about Glastonbury, and have been long time lurkers (or certainly in the past) to try and get their odds.