2024 Headliners

4 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Interesting. So by that logic the fallow year would actually be 2024, despite 2020's not taking place.

This an argument that's currently ongoing?

I think we'd potentially know already if 2024 was going to be off, don't want to be too grim or speculate but I wonder given Michaels age, that nailing down a fallow year date isn't the best idea.  

3 minutes ago, AVALON.G said:

There were people arguing like hell that Elton John wasnt going to headline Glastonbury this time last year. 

That was based on the fact that he had a show that night - and hearsay that he hated the festival. He was also on record that noone from the fest had ever asked him.

2 minutes ago, AVALON.G said:

There were people arguing like hell that Elton John wasnt going to headline Glastonbury this time last year. 

He was all-but ruled out until he moved that French date on the quiet. I wonder if he’d even have been booked for the Pyramid if the mighty efests community hasn’t spotted that sneaky bit of business and spread the word. 

25 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

nothing there at all which seems worth the money. I think like 10 years ago you could make decent money off those markets but no longer. I seem to remember back when Metallica headlined, people here made cash on it cause it was known on here. The bookies have caught up now tho i think.  

That 6/1 on Kasabian paid for my festival that year and then some!

29 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

is she likely to still be touring that summer after 23 and 24 being very busy? I doubt it. Also doubt at this stage of the game with how big she is that she will be doing fests like NOS alive she was booked for last time, really cannot see her playing stuff like that. Maybe I'm wrong though 

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see her still going, maybe with a break. She’s pretty relentless. It may not be the same fests but if she gets on the blower to Glastonbury, Coachella, Roskilde, Pinkpop, Werchter and the rest and says she fancies it she’s getting booked.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Why dont we admit the Pyramid itself needs to finally evolve so there can be something more intricate pulled off. Took em 10+ years to finally get bigger screens meanwhile Coachella just updated their stage screens to 4k. 

It does have to happen at some point 

40 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hopefully we don't have months and months of this.

sadly, that’s exactly what’s happening.

The only way we can rule out TS, is if she adds a date to block her off.

Then the rest is just guesswork, but it will be repetitive, but I guess that all adds to the excitement.

1 minute ago, brettredmayne said:

It does have to happen at some point 

Doesn’t matter how ‘developed’ the stage itself gets, it’s never going to get to the point where the field can accommodate a runway three quarters of the length of a football pitch, including space underneath it for a popstar to get down to the far end unseen. So Taylor’s current tour remains off limits. 

Two female headliners next year really would be a realignment from this years. If Rhianna hadn't of dropped out, it would of been something for everyone, surely.

If they secure Rhianna and Dua, or Dua and Madonna, that would be fantastic whether you like their music or not.

But if they have two popstars, might'nt they counter that with some guitar based? AC/DC, Coldplay (again?!), Blur, or the long-awaited return of Pulp?

5 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

ooft nice one- how much did you get on? I swear they limit it to 20 quid max bet now which is another thing that stops you making much off it 

I think it was just over £40 so easily paid for ticket and beer money

21 hours ago, Amy Lawn said:

this is quite cruel to say imo, she was being forced to perform against her will, we have no idea what she can do

but in truth she's probably not gonna do any shows for a really long time if ever, and I doubt Glastonbury wouldbe on her radar if she does.

it would be a good platform to relaunch herself - same as madge would only do it to boost her credibility.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers would be a good change of pace if they go with two pop female acts too on the other nights.

They definitely have the back catalogue to do it and I think would do a good job of it. I'd 100% be down the front for it.

14 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

Mumford and Sons are making a new album currently. They will probably tour 2024 and do the festival season.

Wouldn't shock me if they are the non female headliner next year tbh. 

To quote the great Les.

If its Mumford and Sons i'l give you the money myself

1 minute ago, JonSnow said:

To quote the great Les.

If its Mumford and Sons i'l give you the money myself

I don't want it to be. I don't hate them but if we are to get one non pop music / massive stage production night then they wouldn't be my first choice or even second. 

The RHCP as I mentioned above would be fun for the sing-a-longs. Well it would be for my group anyway. We'd all take them right now. 

They could miss out on a rock act altogether though of course and have a rapper plus two female pop acts but I think that would be a brave move and I doubt they would do it.