2024 Headliners

6 minutes ago, Bobs said:

Maybe it’s just me, but I find that Dua Lipa is in that period Biffy Clyro were in about 9-10years ago. Took a bad album for them drop to the sub slot.

Too big to be sub for the other, too big for the other, but not quite big enough to headline.

A great talent, who I enjoy listening to, but feels maybe too much too soon? Where BC failed I think she will ultimately headline Glastonbury, but just feels a bit too early.

We know one woman is already booked and one is on the verge of signing up. Smart money is that she's the former....

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Amy Lawn said:

I enjoy the thought of Taylor Swift hanging out in Cardiff doing normal stuff, there's just something nice about it isn't there?

Absolutely. Same with Liverpool, can’t wait to see the videos of her getting down at Popworld after spending all evening at the Baltic Market. 

10 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I think the idea she can't bring 25% of the dancers, ask them to do their normal thing, and cut a 3 hour show down is for the birds.

Its Taylor 🙂

I mean Elton Literally cut a 3 hour show down to 2 for this year and Beyonce significantly reduced her normal show for her headline slot. 

They were gonna book Rihanna last year who does massive shows...

So why Taylor Swift can't do something that happens all the time at Glastonbury is beyond me 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Rihanna on the Pyramid is long overdue, if she wouldn't mind calming down with the baby bumps for a bit. Phenomenal songbook. S&M thundering out while you’re trying to be as quick as possible in the long drops. Oof. 

Based on this year it seems that Emily certainly agrees.

46 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Nah, I expect that run of festivals to be her summer 2025

is she likely to still be touring that summer after 23 and 24 being very busy? I doubt it. Also doubt at this stage of the game with how big she is that she will be doing fests like NOS alive she was booked for last time, really cannot see her playing stuff like that. Maybe I'm wrong though 

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hopefully we don't have months and months of this.

It'll be a 2-3 page weekly conversation until the ticket sale day where most people will say 'here comes the Dublin date' and then if it doesn't come, it'll be the same until the all 3 headliners are announced. 

5 minutes ago, AVALON.G said:

But Emily Eavis also said they were both "Glastonbury Debutants"

Dua has played 4 times 

I would read it more as first time headliners rather than never played before which could include a variety of options.

Rihanna, Dua Lipa, Ariana Grande, Madonna, Taylor, Miley and Pink off by hand.

While we are here, I'm going to chuck The Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers and Kasabian in as Other stage headliners.

Just now, Barry Fish said:

Put some money on it 🙂 

nothing there at all which seems worth the money. I think like 10 years ago you could make decent money off those markets but no longer. I seem to remember back when Metallica headlined, people here made cash on it cause it was known on here. The bookies have caught up now tho i think.  

32 minutes ago, august1 said:

I think someone from the council argued 2020 quite a lot of build up disruption had taken place, Worthy Pastures in 2021, main festival in 2022 that residents haven't had a true break. The festival arguing the opposite 

Interesting. So by that logic the fallow year would actually be 2024, despite 2020's not taking place.

This an argument that's currently ongoing?