2024 Headliners

It's likelier Taylor Swift is announcing a third Dublin date than doing Glastonbury tbf. Only time she can do it is that Sunday but wouldn't be a surprise if the Aviva Stadium is being held with a reservation to just do a third one there.

As far as Glasto goes, I feel like Foo Fighters' tour date is a hint that they could be a Sunday night headliner. I agree there's a degree of Grohl overload (Grohlverload? Meh that pun doesn't work) but the stadium shows do seem to tease ever so slightly that they could well do it.

Is there any inkling of Green Day doing stuff for 20 years of American Idiot? Honestly think they’d go down a storm, they may be a bit less legendary than the other rock acts like Metallica and GnR but they’re certainly a lot more fun and bouncy than either, more big songs for casuals given that album was all over the radio (plus obvs their 90s stuff as well). And Billie Joe was on site a few years ago?

Frankly the whole fest needs much more pop punk. Imagine pogoing to Girl All The Bad Guys Want in Woodsies.

• Upvote 1

I’m going with Dua Lipa (no interest in seeing her), Blur/Pulp if still active, Madonna as my main guess.

AC/DC as my 4th option, if they are touring next year they’d be silly not to try and get them booked for what would undoubtedly be a fun fest from start to finish!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sjseabass said:

Is there any inkling of Green Day doing stuff for 20 years of American Idiot? Honestly think they’d go down a storm, they may be a bit less legendary than the other rock acts like Metallica and GnR but they’re certainly a lot more fun and bouncy than either, more big songs for casuals given that album was all over the radio (plus obvs their 90s stuff as well). And Billie Joe was on site a few years ago?

Frankly the whole fest needs much more pop punk. Imagine pogoing to Girl All The Bad Guys Want in Woodsies.

Green day could be a good pyramid sub or sub-sub

Could see it happening to be fair

14 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

I’m going with Dua Lipa (no interest in seeing her), Blur/Pulp if still active, Madonna as my main guess

I’d say this is probably as good a guess as could be made at this time.

Maybe Rihanna also, just because she meets the criteria of female and never played before.

On 6/25/2023 at 9:35 PM, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Quite. There’s still a place for it at Glastonbury, just not at the top of the Pyramid in the current era of mega headliners. 

I’m sorry I didn’t mean to downvote that. I pressed by accident and now I’ve run out of reactions. 

34 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

I’m going with Dua Lipa (no interest in seeing her), Blur/Pulp if still active, Madonna as my main guess.

AC/DC as my 4th option, if they are touring next year they’d be silly not to try and get them booked for what would undoubtedly be a fun fest from start to finish!

AC/DC are touring and can see them playing along two other female headliners 

Give me AC/DC all day long following that other rock acts I’d consider would be foo fighters, green day, rage against the machine, blur & going into fantasy booking bon jovi. The 1975 would be at very bottom of my list. 

Then the two other headliners between Taylor swift, pink, Beyoncé, rhianna, Madonna, dua lipa, spice girls etc 

Can someone tell me when Christina aguilera has never been mentioned I know she doesn’t tour all that much but I’d have though she’d have been a massive get.

same with the likes of Britney. 

I suppose you could look at a few for the legend slot like bon jovi & spice girls 

but they’re massive enough to carry a headline slot