2024 Headliners

Agree with the majority.

I think Foos would be a very dull booking just due to the Pyramid slot this year.

What it does do, is set Dave Grohl Up for breaking a Glastonbury record for most “surprise” sets in a row. 🤣

Edited by Bobs

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Hmmm I’m torn on this one.

If Foos had done some tiny secret set in Woodsies or something this year I’d probably say those dates lock them in to headline ‘24… but they literally just played the Pyramid.

But on the other hand… if Foos want to headline and Emily + co. have a vacant slot, then it seems like a no brainer to just let them do it. Seems too soon, especially after this year, but  other headliners have come back after less time in the past, and they’re immensely popular so… I dunno.

I really think theyre just gonna hang around the festival. IF something happened to a headliner they can jump in easy. Lets see if they add another date after the 27th too. No Ireland date? And theyre not playing Isle Of Wight either. A BST date wouldnt be out of the question? But why play 2 stadium dates prior to that anyway. I would just consider it a lazy booking and that they couldnt lock down whoever else they had and such. I mean maybe Emily feels like after having to sort out GnR and pushing announcements back and all that it could just be practical to have a for sure thing waiting in the wings. 

I really really cant see Emily having the Foo Fighters lined up next year.

I think either of these scenarios make the most sense

Scenario 1 -

a) Dua Lipa,

b) A 'young' female artist like Miley Cyrus, Rhianna or an Orod punt

c) An 'old' guitar band like Blur or Coldplay

Scenario 2

a) Dua Lipa

b) An 'old' female artist like Madonna

c) A 'young' male act like The 1975 or Dave

Edited by JonSnow

I'd be really surprised if Foo Fighters headlined - they only did it 2 festivals ago?!

I really think 1975 could be playing next year? It seems odd they haven't just yet. I don't know enough Dua Lipa stuff but she doesn't seem big enough to headline the pyramid? 

Taylor Swift? Christine and the Queens?

1 minute ago, Thunderstruck said:

I really think 1975 could be playing next year? It seems odd they haven't just yet. I don't know enough Dua Lipa stuff but she doesn't seem big enough to headline the pyramid? 

The 1975 would be between albums unless they manage to get another one out by then, but yes they're probably due a slot at some point next time given the amount of tickets they shift nowadays for their own shows.

Dua is one of the biggest selling popstars in the world, so would be a huge draw and is fully deserving of it. Given their current artistic trajectory CATQ won't be doing any higher than Woodsies now, which he did this year.

17 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

I'd be really surprised if Foo Fighters headlined - they only did it 2 festivals ago?!

Taylor is likely out. Just watch.  You want to argue against additional dates being added to her tour when she just added 3 more in singapore alone?

1 hour ago, jannybruck said:

Dua is one of the biggest selling popstars in the world, so would be a huge draw and is fully deserving of it. Given their current artistic trajectory CATQ won't be doing any higher than Woodsies now, which he did this year.

She's not as much as you think, elsewhere yes. Her tour in England took a lot longer than many other arena tours to sell out.

She'll be there though.

2 hours ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Foos for Isle of Wight I reckon with those dates. If Dave feels up to two days on the trot screamin

They would probably be IOW’s biggest headliner in quite some time! I think they could still get them for the Sunday there though.

Edited by WhoOdyssey

13 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

They would probably be IOW’s biggest headliner in quite some time! I think they could still get them for the Sunday there though.

Yeah the IOW has been operating with Latitude’s budget for a solid decade now. The Foos turning up there these days would look quite weird. 

4 hours ago, st dan said:

Booking Foo’s again so soon would probably be the safest and least imaginative Pyramid booking of all time.

It would also be popular with the majority… I’m with you though, let’s see some new headliners - even if they’re ‘heritage’ acts.

Will Blur continue into next year? I think it’s doubtful and like someone said, maybe they want to preserve 2009. Could the Boss come back as feels like it’s unfinished business with his headline slot from the same year.

I can see it being something like:

Friday: Dave into Dua Lipa

Saturday: Pulp into Madonna (Could Gaga be about if not Madge?)

Sunday: George Ezra into Older Act with a load of hits* (Bruce or Queen and Adam Lambert maybe? Take That?)

*Do you think 7.5 million people tuning in to see Reg on the Beeb might mean this is a big singalong event and we won’t see the likes of Kendrick closing it again…

Edited by Ryan1984

Take That absolutely not. They were already a Legends Slot-er rather than a headliner and Howard Donald’s recent twitter activity has hopefully made even the Legends Slot unlikely 

Queen + Lambert would be a laugh but there’s long-standing beef there that doesn’t sound like it’s on the way to being resolved. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy