2024 Headliners

25 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Doubt they’ll go for another ageing, irrelevant rock band after GnR this year. Three of the six ‘22 and ‘23 headliners will have been old heritage acts. I think next year they’ll switch it up. 

The 1975
Madonna
Dua Lipa (if Taylor says no)

Edit: looking at that post, I can see it’s possible to argue that Madge is another ageing heritage act and while that’s true, I think her musical genre and status would justify it.

Although I do agree with you, there’s a very short timeline on a lot of these aging acts so if AC/DC showed any interest in playing I’m sure they’d pencil them in immediately rather than wait around and possibly miss the chance entirely. 

For  me it's clearly not Dua Lipa in 24.

I'm sure playing Gladtonbury for the first implies In any capacity not specifically headliner and as Dua Lipa has played John Peel twice, Pussy Parlour and BBC introducing. 

It can only be Dua if she is the third headliner and not either of the 2 being referred to here. 

Screenshot_20230330-211156_Chrome.jpg

7 minutes ago, AVALON.G said:

For  me it's clearly not Dua Lipa in 24.

I'm sure playing Gladtonbury for the first implies In any capacity not specifically headliner and as Dua Lipa has played John Peel twice, Pussy Parlour and BBC introducing. 

It can only be Dua if she is the third headliner and not either of the 2 being referred to here. 

Screenshot_20230330-211156_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for resolving this longstanding question.

5 hours ago, kalifire said:

Doubt they’ll go for another ageing, irrelevant rock band after GnR this year. Three of the six ‘22 and ‘23 headliners will have been old heritage acts. I think next year they’ll switch it up. 

The 1975
Madonna

Edit: looking at that post, I can see it’s possible to argue that Madge is another ageing heritage act and while that’s true, I think her musical genre and status would justify it.

Ahhhahhahhaaajaaajjjajaaaaahhaaaaahhaaahaahahahaaaqjajjajaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiajhahhjjjjaaaaaaaahhhhjjaaaajjjjjaaajjjjaaaaahhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! Breathe. Breathe. Ahhhhhhhaaahhhhahhhahhhhahhhajajahahajahahahajajjajjaaahhaaaaa!!!!!! COUGH.

Yeah. They'd definitely have the 1975 or Dua Lipa over a willing ACDC. 

Come on Kali lad. 

15 hours ago, kalifire said:

The 1975
Madonna

So they'll say no to AC/DC and get the 1975 instead?

16 hours ago, kalifire said:

Doubt they’ll go for another ageing, irrelevant rock band after GnR this year.

I don't think they're going to get AC/DC but it's a much more significant booking. Last time AC/DC played here without a guest singer they sold out Wembley in under an hour. GNR are still shifting their BST tickets right now. Before that it was something like 120k at Download and the only time somebody's brought their own entire stage

Yeah, I know that Stormzy and Kendrick are young and very different, but if they can have rappers two festivals in a row, they can definitely have two old rock bands in a row.

That said though I'm guessing that festival have thrown A LOT of money at AC/DC, so I'm not sure Glastonbury is likely. Hopefully they get the bug for playing live again...

15 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Turned down Pink Floyd

Tbf wasn’t that incredibly last minute when they already had three headliners in place? Would essentially mean they’d have to tell one of the already booked headliners to fuck off to make space, which in hindsight, for Pink Floyd, seems like it would’ve been a good idea, but realistically it just doesn’t work that way and is terrible business practice. 

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Tbf wasn’t that incredibly last minute when they already had three headliners in place? Would essentially mean they’d have to tell one of the already booked headliners to fuck off to make space, which in hindsight, for Pink Floyd, seems like it would’ve been a good idea, but realistically it just doesn’t work that way and is terrible business practice. 

Very True, think all 3 were announced as well. Hindsight is wonderful thing. It was Richard Writes, who was dying , request. Does seem mad not to try for it but guess they had to honour contracts. Would love to know if they asked the headliners would they mind subbing for Pink fucking Floyd .

Sorry we have to turn down Richards dying wish as we have booked Travis *no idea if it was that year at all*

Edited by fred quimby

6 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Very True, think all 3 were announced as well. Hindsight is wonderful thing. It was Richard Writes, who was dying , request. Does seem mad not to try for it but guess they had to honour contracts. Would love to know if they asked the headliners would they mind subbing for Pink fucking Floyd .

Sorry we have to turn down Richards dying wish as we have booked Travis *no idea if it was that year at all*

Was 2008 iirc, so a pretty weak year for headliners as well - Kings of Leon, Jay Z, The Verve. Bet it absolutely sucked for the festival that the request didn’t come in sooner because of any years, that was one where they really could’ve done with a ginormo booking like Pink Floyd, and then they never played live together again. 

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Was 2008 iirc, so a pretty weak year for headliners as well - Kings of Leon, Jay Z, The Verve. Bet it absolutely sucked for the festival that the request didn’t come in sooner because of any years, that was one where they really could’ve done with a ginormo booking like Pink Floyd, and then they never played live together again. 

God, the Verve they must have sleepless nights

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/31/2023 at 2:00 PM, FloorFiller said:

christ.  I'm not even a pink floyd fan, but if I were Emily and Michael, I'd have just done it on the Thursday and apologized later and paid the fee.