2024 Festival

Chad888

1 minute ago, Aromaticmusic1 said:

Surely it wouldn’t work earlier tho as it centres around the lighting 

I assume it would be a bit like The Hangar at Parklife. The overhead visuals won't be as effective in the daylight but the new sound system should still make it a good stage until the sun goes down and the visuals can be fully appreciated 

8 minutes ago, Lawsie said:

I assume it would be a bit like The Hangar at Parklife. The overhead visuals won't be as effective in the daylight but the new sound system should still make it a good stage until the sun goes down and the visuals can be fully appreciated 

But I swear the sun only usually goes down like during the msw headliner so won’t the lighting be pretty ineffective 

12 minutes ago, Aromaticmusic1 said:

But I swear the sun only usually goes down like during the msw headliner so won’t the lighting be pretty ineffective 

This is what the NME article said: 

“The canopy will bathe the audience with dynamic light and the mesh is 90 per cent transparent, so fans can dance under the open sky into the early hours.” 

It would be a real shame if the true extent of the lighting was seen during the Silent Disco 

I’ve just had the Official R&L Spotify playlist on for an hour and a bit on a drive and this lineup is absolutely stunning. I’ve just heard so many songs by people I’ve never listened to and I only skipped a couple of tracks, those being the old Skrillex songs because they sound so dated now and a couple of the house DJs.

Yours Truly were fun old early 2010s pop punk, Crawlers are great, Bad Nerves and Mannequin Pussy were really good. Jorja Smith has some amazing songs. What a lineup. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve just had the Official R&L Spotify playlist on for an hour and a bit on a drive and this lineup is absolutely stunning. I’ve just heard so many songs by people I’ve never listened to and I only skipped a couple of tracks, those being the old Skrillex songs because they sound so dated now and a couple of the house DJs.

Yours Truly were fun old early 2010s pop punk, Crawlers are great, Bad Nerves and Mannequin Pussy were really good. Jorja Smith has some amazing songs. What a lineup. 

Thought crawlers were boring when I saw them supporting mcr. 

Jorja is great but what an awful clash with blink and the prodge 

Think it's hilarious that for 2 years people have been moaning about the 2 stage concept and now they have their wish now talking about not liking the fact that big acts will clash. Can't please everyone. However I think overall the new format is progressive and a great idea. For example I have no interest in blink and I am ecstatic i have real options in the new format so I can go see the prodigy instead 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, nathanh said:

Do we think the R1 stage is a dance stage rebrand or is it the big tent?

The Dance Stage is the old tent, isn’t it? Because for the last couple of years, the tent used for the Dance has been massive and I thought it was the old R1 tent being used. Could be wrong. 

7 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

Given the Sunday times on the clash finder as the old format was annoying me. 

The new stage looked great until I saw one of the mockups. Might be pointless if you're not down the front 

The-Chevron-3_2000-1068x678.jpg

Reminds me of something I saw at Lollapalooza Paris where they had a dance stage with a large tent over top. Or indeed the idea of Woodstock '99 of having a dance rave in an aircraft hanger, which was one of the few ideas that clusterf**k actually had in its favour.

8 hours ago, Aromaticmusic1 said:

Surely it wouldn’t work earlier tho as it centres around the lighting 

They can’t have two open air stages on at the same time facing each other can they?

Hard to imagine where else it could go though if it’s 40,000 capacity.

Think we could be if for a proper reshuffle. Exciting stuff 

24 minutes ago, Will b said:

we still have room for one more stage no?

mse = main 

msw = chevron 

dance = r1 

fr = fr

1xtra = ?

intro = intro 

comedy = comedy 

During uploading the lineup, 1Xtra/ Cinema tent, Alternative tent and the R1 Photobooth were listed alongside the already announced ones so I think it will be those

23 hours ago, CapnOrange said:

Well I'm eating my words about something like Arcadia not being possible at Reading! Looks wicked.

Its a hanger with LEDs on - its not even comparable 😂

23 hours ago, Brad75 said:

This looks amazing. Loved arcadia at Glastonbury but This looks much better. Might actually get a ticket for prodigy day as hopefully they will be going back to being more of a dance act rather than rock. Seen them 4 times but not been to see them since 1996 due to going more down the path of rock music. 

They felt very dancey at ally pally last year

22 hours ago, Aromaticmusic1 said:

What are the chances they put the prodigy on after blink

No chance

its a 40k arena and everyone will want to go to it

they might be inbetween gerry and blink if your lucky

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

So essentially Chevron stage is Reading's version of Creamfields Steel Yard.

Not really

Steel Yard is a fully contained hanger that doesn't have the screen roof

Hangers are very common - its just R&L's take on it

Its far more similar to that than arcadia though!

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

So essentially Chevron stage is Reading's version of Creamfields Steel Yard.

Nothing like it. It's outdoor, with led roof, not steel.

The lighting is being done by Colour Sound Experiment and a lot of other techy people that's putting a lot of effort into it