West Holts 2023

dotdash79

4 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Yer man from Sleaford yelling about w*nking and telling everyone they're c**ts and to fuck off whilst the TLC crowd filled up was a delight though.

😂 was about to post this! Only thing odd about the programming was them being before TLC. Hilarious 

4 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Yer man from Sleaford yelling about w*nking and telling everyone they're c**ts and to fuck off whilst the TLC crowd filled up was a delight though.

I like the contrast with his banter between tunes, when he'll sweetly ask the crowd if they're having a good time or say very nice things about their guest singers. 

On 10/8/2022 at 5:28 PM, roughbloke said:

Fred Again for a headline spot or will he be on Other?

undoubtedly big enough. 

On 10/9/2022 at 1:55 AM, MaxPower said:

I feel pretty strongly he’s Park Friday or Saturday headliner a la Four Tet, Jopkins and Hot Chip before him. 

Definitely too big for Park, that already-legendary boiler room set has propelled him into space. Holts headline sounds about right in the Bicep slot from this year

14 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Definitely too big for Park, that already-legendary boiler room set has propelled him into space. Holts headline sounds about right in the Bicep slot from this year

Honestly obviously he’s very hyped now but I don’t think he’s any bigger than Four Tet (in the UK) who was perfectly placed on Park. 

I know the hype is insane and Americans are mad for him, and he sold out those Brixton Academy gigs in minutes, but Four Tet just sold out back to back nights in Ally Pally (twice the capacity of Brixton) on presale, for a Wednesday and Thursday night, and he was definitely not too big for Park.

Think Park headliner is Fred’s best billing, and it wouldn’t be a hugely packed field at WH if he headlined there. 

but who knows WH headliners are hard to predict.

I’d quite like to see him again but wouldn’t waste a headliner slot for him so I’d love as a sunset West Holts set like Caribou.

2 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Honestly obviously he’s very hyped now but I don’t think he’s any bigger than Four Tet (in the UK) who was perfectly placed on Park. 

I know the hype is insane and Americans are mad for him, and he sold out those Brixton Academy gigs in minutes, but Four Tet just sold out back to back nights in Ally Pally (twice the capacity of Brixton) on presale, for a Wednesday and Thursday night, and he was definitely not too big for Park.

Think Park headliner is Fred’s best billing, and it wouldn’t be a hugely packed field at WH if he headlined there. 

but who knows WH headliners are hard to predict.

I’d quite like to see him again but wouldn’t waste a headliner slot for him so I’d love as a sunset West Holts set like Caribou.

I think Fred right now is bigger than both combined, and while that's definitely a hype, I think he's got a broader appeal than the Tet and Caribou, both of whom I'd love to see as well. Can't see him slowing down. For my money it's an easy Holts headliner but I'll be at whichever stage he plays.

13 hours ago, BenG92 said:

I think Fred right now is bigger than both combined, and while that's definitely a hype, I think he's got a broader appeal than the Tet and Caribou, both of whom I'd love to see as well. Can't see him slowing down. For my money it's an easy Holts headliner but I'll be at whichever stage he plays.

I’m a big Fred Again fan, but that’s daft… he’s Park headliner all over. You have to remember that other headliners pull masses away.  I went to Forwards (where, incidentally, he was middle of the day on the second stage) and none of my group of 20 (who are relatively informed about dance music, although admitted are all over 35) had any idea who he was until I forced them to see him. He’s still nowhere near the size of Four Tet, or Bicep, or even Jopkins.

Edited by GrumpyRaver

9 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

I’m a big Fred Again fan, but that’s daft… he’s Park headliner all over. You have to remember that other headliners pull masses away.  I went to Forwards (where, incidentally, he was middle of the day on the second stage) and none of my group of 20 (who are relatively informed about dance music, although admitted are all over 35) had any idea who he was until I forced them to see him. He’s still nowhere near the size of Four Tet, or Bicep, or even Jopkins.

Not sure myself, not saying he'll be as hype as he is forever, but I think he's in a real sweet spot right now where he could do WH next year - could be overestimating him though, who knows! As an alternative to a big legacy act he's perfect, dance music that has for whatever reason managed to attract people who normally aren't into it.

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

we can be sure of one thing - he is not a bigger draw than Four Tet and Caribou combined 

Yeah bit hyperbolic for effect, although again that's right in this moment- give it another half a year and that could look very different if he doesn't ride the wave

Edited by BenG92

11 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

I'm over 35 and only know of him because of you lot. 

I think w/ Fred Again.. he will continue to rise over the next 8 months or so

New album just round the corner with some huge tunes on there.. lots of collabs (e.g. w/ skrillex).. I think he could do WH headline easily by June next year

That could also be helped by the fact that a lot of people won't have seen him pre-glasto as well, whereas with four tet he has consistently played for many many years all around the UK.

3 hours ago, BenG92 said:

dance music that has for whatever reason managed to attract people who normally aren't into it.

Not sure this is true tbh, LF Systems was number 1 in the UK for 8 weeks. Perfect circle of Venn diagram of overlapping fans between them and Fred Again.

3 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Not sure myself, not saying he'll be as hype as he is forever, but I think he's in a real sweet spot right now where he could do WH next year - could be overestimating him though, who knows! As an alternative to a big legacy act he's perfect, dance music that has for whatever reason managed to attract people who normally aren't into it.

What makes you think that?  

Times have changed... people are into more than one genre these days!

It's one of those ones where I feel he could probably do either and not look out of place, but feels more like a Park headliner in terms of previous bookings? IMO at least.

Would be all over it, the live show just keeps getting better every time I see him.

2 hours ago, stuie said:

What makes you think that?  

Just what I've noticed as a casual observer, a lot of people I know who don't usually delve into dance noticing Fred Again in the same way they did with Disclosure and then Bicep more recently. Could just be biased based on who I talk to of course