NOS ALIVE 2023

Eugenio

On 11/22/2022 at 10:07 PM, lighthouse said:

After playing it this year? Where did you get that info?

Not sure if it's a mistake or what to be honest.. would be odd if he played b2b years, think he's playing MadCool which is where I was supposed to put it in but not one for me to see.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Red Day said:

I was pretty excited about seeing them at Glastonbury few years back and they were a bit dull.   Very strange first act to announce as others have said

Agreed. I know this is their first European show in ages but it almost feels like they've faded from the conversation compared to where they were in 2014/15.

As it was, I saw them live once and enjoyed the support act more, with the exception of the bit when it was just the original two members. That part of the show felt less muddy acoustically and stood out a bit more.

3 minutes ago, clasher said:

Decent start, but something must have happened behind the scenes as the release strategy from NOS and Mad Cool makes little sense otherwise.

i swear they have done this before, or at least a year or two where they announce a band a day before headliners drop a week or two later

1 hour ago, pryce said:

i swear they have done this before, or at least a year or two where they announce a band a day before headliners drop a week or two later

They do random staggered smaller one act announcements, but not at the start. They announced The Cure first in October '18 for '19 edition, followed by Boring Iver, Smashing Pumpkins and a stream of others in November and December. For the '22 edition they started early, with a big batch of names including Metallica, Imagine Dragons, FNM and Royal Blood in June and then The Strokes and a couple of others in July.

Mad Cool tend to do different clues etc, however not several in a row without actually announcing anyone iirc, so unless they are (again) screwing it up by teasing someone that isn't yet under contract or doesn't want to be announced atm (which is unlikely), there's something off as well.

Not coming up with the big names, especially this late, makes no sense. That makes me think one of the headliners pulled out/changed touring or announcement plans and both the Mad Cool clues and NOS announcing solid-but-medium-sized acts is just dealing with that.

16 minutes ago, clasher said:

They do random staggered smaller one act announcements, but not at the start. They announced The Cure first in October '18 for '19 edition, followed by Boring Iver, Smashing Pumpkins and a stream of others in November and December. For the '22 edition they started early, with a big batch of names including Metallica, Imagine Dragons, FNM and Royal Blood in June and then The Strokes and a couple of others in July.

Mad Cool tend to do different clues etc, however not several in a row without actually announcing anyone iirc, so unless they are (again) screwing it up by teasing someone that isn't yet under contract or doesn't want to be announced atm (which is unlikely), there's something off as well.

Not coming up with the big names, especially this late, makes no sense. That makes me think one of the headliners pulled out/changed touring or announcement plans and both the Mad Cool clues and NOS announcing solid-but-medium-sized acts is just dealing with that.

I prefer Mad Cool's method and I think it captivates people more.

12 hours ago, diogozsz said:

theres a leak going on twitter that next week’s announcements are Ana Moura, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Rosalía. don’t know if it’s legit. 

Dude, can you please give a source if you put stuff like this on here?

„leak on twitter“ could very much mean the same as „found on the internet“. Who posted it? What was the context?

Just now, Karlos12345 said:

Dude, can you please give a source if you put stuff like this on here?

„leak on twitter“ could very much mean the same as „found on the internet“. Who posted it? What was the context?

I don’t know the original source. I know it has been circulating through a small group of people this week. It’s a screenshot of someone who supposedly works at NOS Alive e-mailing somebody and telling them that Rosalía and Red Hot Chilli Peppers are playing on the 8th and Ana Moura is playing on the 6th.

Just now, diogozsz said:

I don’t know the original source. I know it has been circulating through a small group of people this week. It’s a screenshot of someone who supposedly works at NOS Alive e-mailing somebody and telling them that Rosalía and Red Hot Chilli Peppers are playing on the 8th and Ana Moura is playing on the 6th.

Thank you! 🙂