NOS ALIVE 2023

Eugenio

1 minute ago, lighthouse said:

Roskilde is updating? Where? 

They deleted all the profiles they'd followed on IG. Also, they've recently stated that they are starting their ticket sales early November. And hopefully this means the announcement is really imminent:

Screenshot_20221025_212153.jpg

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, RossTC said:

When can we expect an annoucement do we think? Im weighing this up alongside Mad Cool as an alternative for missing out on Glasto tickets.

Also, i assume people rent apartments/hotels is the done thing?

I'd be quite surprised if we don't get some kind of announcement this week, its already much later than previous years. We've always stayed in hotels/apartments, its too hot to be camping. Festival doesn't open until 4 so during the day you want the comfort of a hotel with swimming pool to recharge before going back out to party until 4am.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, RossTC said:

When can we expect an annoucement do we think? Im weighing this up alongside Mad Cool as an alternative for missing out on Glasto tickets.

Also, i assume people rent apartments/hotels is the done thing?

I did Nos in 16 and 19 and Mad Cool in 18 and 22.

Lineup wise there's a lot of overlap from top to bottom, although Mad Cool's is stronger (with more stages as well). Mad Cool has 2 alternating main stages setup which works very well, the sound on most stages is excellent, with big screens. While the Mad Cool organizers are notoriously bad in communication with artists and PR before the festival, they more than make it up with how the actual festival is run IMO. They are forced to switch venues again next year though, so I'd be cautious. 

Hotel/apartment is the only option for Mad Cool, however Nos is official partners with Lisboa Camping&Bungalows. You can usually get a camping ticket in the time of the festival for about 40€ if you bring your own tent if I remember correctly. We did that both times we were there. The camp is nice with plenty of facilities - showers and toilets obviously, a little shop, two bars, a pool, etc. Even more important - loads of trees and therefore much needed shade. We did that both times we were there, didn't find it too hot if you kept away from the sun.
In 16 the camp was packed, with a mojito stand and a DJ beside the pool, a screen showing football (it was during the euros) and afterparty that got going in the morning when people started coming back from the festival. In 19 there were less people, no DJ at the pool and no afterparty, but you still had the poolside bar and the bar in the central area of the camp was opened until you wanted more drinks (which we sadly found out only on the last day 😄 ). There's also a free shuttle bus to the festival and back, although going to the festival there's usually quite the traffic jam, so I'd certainly recommend going to the center a couple of hours earlier and then taking a train to the festival.

Both Lisbon and Madrid are great cities to explore, but Lisbon tends to be much more manageable in July - being on the atlantic coast means a lot more wind, which makes 30+ temperatures easier to survive (pack sunscreen. and a hoodie for when the sun goes down. you'll need it). 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2