NOS ALIVE 2023

Eugenio

15 minutes ago, mln said:

It's so strange they still didn't announce any headliner, especially that all of the rumoured ones (RHCP, Billie, GnR) already have dates in Europe in 2023...

The newsletter in Portuguese says this:

"Sam Smith é a grande confirmação do dia 8 de julho no Palco NOS na 15ª edição do NOS Alive'23."

Sam Smith is the great confirmation of 8th July. I assume that this means he is the headliner.

• Thanks 1

Just now, MeMeMeM said:

The newsletter in Portuguese says this:

"Sam Smith é a grande confirmação do dia 8 de julho no Palco NOS na 15ª edição do NOS Alive'23."

Sam Smith is the great confirmation of 8th July. I assume that this means he is the headliner.

No way Sam Smith is headlining this. 

Just now, diogozsz said:

No way Sam Smith is headlining this. 

OK, but how you translate that sentence? None of the other confirmations has the word "grande/big".

Even for Black Keys only says "first confirmation". And for Lizzo says "Lizzo makes her big debut in Portugal on July 7".

Why put the word "grande" if he is not the headliner?

14 minutes ago, MeMeMeM said:

OK, but how you translate that sentence? None of the other confirmations has the word "grande/big".

Even for Black Keys only says "first confirmation". And for Lizzo says "Lizzo makes her big debut in Portugal on July 7".

Why put the word "grande" if he is not the headliner?

on the english nos page it just says 'Sam Smith is the new confirmation'

Is Sam Smith that big.....are they Strokes, Metallica, Imagine Dragons, Florence size in portugal?

Edited by pryce

Just now, pryce said:

on the english nos page it just says 'Sam Smith is the new confirmation'

Is Sam Smith that big.....is he Strokes, Metallica, Imagine Dragons, Florence size in portugal?

No. That’s why I don’t believe Sam is headlining. I wouldn’t read too much into the choice of words used in the newsletter but that’s just me.

9 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

No. That’s why I don’t believe Sam is headlining. I wouldn’t read too much into the choice of words used in the newsletter but that’s just me.

I agree on the not reading too much into what they say, they don't really put THAT much thought into it.  I don't know, however, if we should rule out them headlining. Regardless, even if they aren't headlining, we now know to expect a pop adjacent name for such a position in the lineup

EDIT: Nevermind. I thought they were on for Lizzo's day. Yeah, don't see them headlining

Edited by young_contra

6 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

To be honest, I don't care if he will headline or not. But it seems that, for NOS Alive, words matter:

"Metallica e Imagine Dragons são as grandes novidades que se juntam ao cartaz de 2022, com o tão desejado regresso dos Da Weasel."

On that same date they announced many others.

From 2021: "A 365 dias da abertura de portas, o festival junta ao cartaz uma grande confirmação: no dia 8 de julho os Red Hot Chilli Peppers sobem ao placo NOS para uma atuação que promete ficar marcada na história."

From 2020: "DATA EXTRA DO NOS ALIVE'20 COM A GRANDE CONFIRMAÇÃO DE KENDRICK LAMAR"

"O fenómeno global, Billie Eilish, é a nova grande confirmação do NOS Alive’20"

You get the point.

58 minutes ago, graceunderpressure said:

Hopefully get a better idea on lineup when mad cool gets announced today. Usually very similar but last year not as much 

No announcements at 10 am today, so probably waiting for some big names announced later today by Mad Cool and Rock Werchter

• Upvote 1