2023 Wishlist

Nick07

33 minutes ago, allpointsnorth said:

Phoebe Bridgers, no chance (unless Lucy Dacus persuades her given how much Lucy loves EOTR)

OT, but this just reminded me that something caused me to look up the 2016 splits recently and I was amused to realise that the three Tipi opening acts were Julia Jacklin (with Dacus two slots later), Pinegrove and RHAIN (now of Wet Leg), who if they were announced would all now be in the big font size section of the graphic. (The Friday also included Arrows Of Love, whose co-singer Nuha Ruby Ra I'm surprised hasn't played solo yet)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Yoss said:

I thought they'd been metoo-ed.

Probably worth reading about it if interested rather than just using a general sweeping statement - and they took an extended break following it. 

anyway, they were booked for EOTR in 2020 and that article was back in 2018.. also played roundhouse this year, so they’re active and definitely within EOTR’s sights.

1 hour ago, Al2006 said:

Probably worth reading about it if interested rather than just using a general sweeping statement - and they took an extended break following it. 

anyway, they were booked for EOTR in 2020 and that article was back in 2018.. also played roundhouse this year, so they’re active and definitely within EOTR’s sights.

They came back and were back on the EotR line-up, and then off it again after a further intervention from one of their former members. Though that might just have been a coincidence of timing.

3 hours ago, Yoss said:

They came back and were back on the EotR line-up, and then off it again after a further intervention from one of their former members. Though that might just have been a coincidence of timing.

Don’t believe this is true.. can you link me? 
They changed their tour plans.. lots of bands that were originally booked for 2020 didn’t end up playing 2021

59 minutes ago, Al2006 said:

Don’t believe this is true.. can you link me? 
They changed their tour plans.. lots of bands that were originally booked for 2020 didn’t end up playing 2021

So Lomelda put some sort of statement out in May of 2020 - which I now can't find; the lobf link that I posted on a facebook group at the time is dead and I can't see it anywhere else. There's some discussion of it in here (from Pinegrove fans, mostly trashing it), but the image that presumably contained the original statement has also gone - 

Someone has quoted one line from it - "my inaction has enabled the return of Pinegrove" - which roughly sums up my recollection of it, the gist being that she was not okay with their rehabilitation and regretted her earlier silence.

This happened just around the time of EotR's initial 2020 cancellation. Although many bands from that original announcement ended up not being there in 2021 most had rolled over at the time of that first announcement, but Pinegrove were not among them. They weren't the only ones though - Angel Olsen, most conspicuously - so yes they may have had other reasons and I accept I might have been quite wrong to have linked the issues in my mind.

There's a whole host of bands I've seen in the last year or so I'd love to see at EOTR Vlure (and there would be no one better for a late night secret set than Vlure), Hallan, Opus Kink, Youth Sector, Lemondaze, Enola Gay, Sprints, King Hannah, Egyptian Blue, Bullet Girl, Scattered Ashes, Been Stellar, Ditz, Panic Shack.

Plus hopefully some returnees WH Lung, The Murder Capital, Black Country New Road, Katy J Pearson, PVA, Crack Cloud

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Born in the fifties said:

There's a whole host of bands I've seen in the last year or so I'd love to see at EOTR Vlure (and there would be no one better for a late night secret set than Vlure), Hallan, Opus Kink, Youth Sector, Lemondaze, Enola Gay, Sprints, King Hannah, Egyptian Blue, Bullet Girl, Scattered Ashes, Been Stellar, Ditz, Panic Shack.

Plus hopefully some returnees WH Lung, The Murder Capital, Black Country New Road, Katy J Pearson, PVA, Crack Cloud

I'd be happy with most of them but please not Hallan because they'd walk around infecting the festival wearing Pompey shirts.