2023 Wishlist

Nick07

9 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

Pavement, Sharon Van Etten, Deerhunter, Grouper, Skee Mask, L'Rain, The Soft Pink Truth, Nala Sinephro, Spirit of the Beehive, Animal Collective, Hinako Omori, They Hate Change, Jeff Parker, Daniel Avery, Amen Dunes, Ronald Langestraat, Robbie and Mona, Mitski, PJ Harvey, Lyra Pramuk, Moses Sumney, Oliver Coates, Klein. 

More experimental stuff would be great. Personally reckon theres enough folk/country already. 

All good choices. Did you watch Karima Walker? More of that type of thing please.

I'd really love them to do a label takeover somewhere during the festival. Someone like Good Morning Tapes or Mr Bongo would be great. Better still bring back the Late Junction stuff they used to have.

Also, I'd like to see NTS do something there. A Big Top late night session with DJ's and live music could work.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, benali said:

All good choices. Did you watch Karima Walker? More of that type of thing please.

I'd really love them to do a label takeover somewhere during the festival. Someone like Good Morning Tapes or Mr Bongo would be great. Better still bring back the Late Junction stuff they used to have.

Also, I'd like to see NTS do something there. A Big Top late night session with DJ's and live music could work.

Miss the Late Junction . NTS would be great getting involved late night 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, scuzzboy said:

Portishead as a headliner? Touring next year apparently and Geoff Barrow has played the last two festivals with Beak> 

Where has this info come from? Geoff himself said Portishead had no plans via a instagram q and a and this was a couple of months back. Sick of seeing this 'rumour' coming up every damn year.

Besides, they're way too big for EOTR, they'd be at the likes of APE.

Out of interest, I've made a list of which acts (excluding a couple of bands I know have split up) were announced over the last three years and have yet to play since then.

First announced for 2020: 75 Dollar Bill, Ahmed Fakroun, Alice Boman, Andy Shauf, Angel Olsen, Big Thief/Buck Meek, Blanck Mass, Current Joys, David Thomas Broughton, Disq, Ian Noe, Itasca, Jeffrey Martin, Makaya McCraven, Monophonics, Nadia Reid, Pinegrove, Richard Hawley, Shygirl, Sofia Wolfson, Songhoy Blues, Tenesha The Wordsmith, Vagabon, Whitney, Zulu Zulu (so Fakroun and Noe have been announced three times)

First announced for 2021: Altin Gun, The Anchoress, Charley Crockett, Divide and Dissolve, Frances Quinlan, Julianna Barwick, Kate Bollinger, Les Amazones d’Afrique, Les Filles De Illighadad, Margaret Glaspy, Marie Davidson & L’œil Nu, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Star Feminine Band, Tune-Yards

First announced for 2022: Buffalo Nichols, Gabriels, Geese, Greentea Peng, Joanna Sternberg, Kareem Ali, Moor Mother, Nala Sinephro, Part Chimp, Spirit of the Beehive

Edited by SweepingTheNation
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shoebox said:

No bigger but probably more expensive. It's not like they've been playing regularly for the past however many years, so I imagine they'd command quite a high price.

I don't think they'd be that much. They've kinda lost their reunion clout at this point after headlining Primavera and announcing gigs since then. For reference they're touring the UK this autumn and a lot of dates still have tickets left despite being on sale for months and months. Tickets were cheaper than typical Pixies prices also.

17 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Out of interest, I've made a list of which acts (excluding a couple of bands I know have split up) were announced over the last three years and have yet to play since then.

First announced for 2020: 75 Dollar Bill, Ahmed Fakroun, Alice Boman, Andy Shauf, Angel Olsen, Big Thief/Buck Meek, Blanck Mass, Current Joys, David Thomas Broughton, Disq, Ian Noe, Itasca, Jeffrey Martin, Makaya McCraven, Monophonics, Nadia Reid, Pinegrove, Richard Hawley, Shygirl, Sofia Wolfson, Songhoy Blues, Tenesha The Wordsmith, Vagabon, Whitney, Zulu Zulu (so Fakroun and Noe have been announced three times)

First announced for 2021: Altin Gun, The Anchoress, Charley Crockett, Divide and Dissolve, Frances Quinlan, Julianna Barwick, Kate Bollinger, Les Amazones d’Afrique, Les Filles De Illighadad, Margaret Glaspy, Marie Davidson & L’œil Nu, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Star Feminine Band, Tune-Yards

First announced for 2022: Buffalo Nichols, Gabriels, Geese, Greentea Peng, Joanna Sternberg, Kareem Ali, Moor Mother, Nala Sinephro, Part Chimp, Spirit of the Beehive

Great list, whilst touring schedules play a key part even if we just got a few of these announced acts it'd be great.

Booked my ticket having not been since 2019.

Hard agree regarding more experimental and "world" stuff. I'd put forward:

Flore Laurentienne, Max Tundra, Alabaster DePlume (again), Jockstrap (again), Nourished By Time, Xiu Xiu, Foodman, Omar Souleyman, Liturgy, Congotronics, Ata Kak, L'Rain, Isik Kural, HEALTH, Oneohtrix Point Never, Beverly Glenn-Copeland, Mdou Moctar, Visible Cloaks, Deerhoof, Deafheaven, Grupo Pilon, Jessica Pratt, Dur-Dur Band, Sofie Birch, Group Listening, Horse Lords, London Bulgarian Choir, Ichiko Aoba, Lightning Bolt, Hannah Diamond, Rizan Said.

Of the more established indie rock circuit:

The Divine Comedy, Belle & Sebastian, The Hidden Cameras, Bonnie Prince Billy, Lambchop.

Is Bjork too big for EOTR?

Edited by WM Hall

7 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I miss David Thomas Broughton, seen him as much as anyone over the years but last gigs in UK were late 2019. Saw on Twitter he's living in Tokyo but "thinking to get back in the game" so remain hopeful.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WM Hall said:

Booked my ticket having not been since 2019.

Hard agree regarding more experimental and "world" stuff. I'd put forward:

Flore Laurentienne, Max Tundra, Alabaster DePlume (again), Jockstrap (again), Nourished By Time, Xiu Xiu, Foodman, Omar Souleyman, Liturgy, Congotronics, Ata Kak, L'Rain, Isik Kural, HEALTH, Oneohtrix Point Never, Beverly Glenn-Copeland, Mdou Moctar, Visible Cloaks, Deerhoof, Deafheaven, Grupo Pilon, Jessica Pratt, Dur-Dur Band, Sofie Birch, Group Listening, Horse Lords, London Bulgarian Choir, Ichiko Aoba, Lightning Bolt, Hannah Diamond, Rizan Said.

Of the more established indie rock circuit:

The Divine Comedy, Belle & Sebastian, The Hidden Cameras, Bonnie Prince Billy, Lambchop.

Is Bjork too big for EOTR?

Some great picks there Lighning Bolt , Liturgy , Beverly Glen - Copeland, L'Rain Max Tundra .

Let's add Imperial Triumphant also really get out of the comfort zone 

On 9/6/2022 at 11:28 PM, scatteredscreens said:

Where has this info come from? Geoff himself said Portishead had no plans via a instagram q and a and this was a couple of months back. Sick of seeing this 'rumour' coming up every damn year.

Besides, they're way too big for EOTR, they'd be at the likes of APE.

Gabi hinted they were playing Primavera in 2023. Plus...

https://www.nme.com/news/music/watch-portishead-perform-live-for-the-first-time-since-2015-3216974

19 minutes ago, scuzzboy said:

Gabi was shot down by Geoff on Twitter when he said about Portishead being active, and the Q and A Geoff did was after the Portishead one off. It ain't happening.

Screenshot is dead but here's some of the responses to it at the time (Page 15)

Edited by scatteredscreens

Some of the following are a wish list, some are who I think could play, some are who I think won't play.

Phoebe Bridgers, no chance (unless Lucy Dacus persuades her given how much Lucy loves EOTR). PB last tour sold out in minutes and fans queued up all day to get into the venue. I could see her playing Lattiude or Glastonbury.

First Aid Kit, they are more of a Larmer Tree festival act rather than EOTR IMO, great vocally live, but I'm not a fan of their own material.

Mitski, possible but again along with Phoebe Bridgers is possibly too big to play, her last tour sold out in minutes.

Portishead, in theory too big to play, however given how much Geoff Barrow loves the festival it is a possibility.

Big Thief, solid chance of playing although I would prefer as a Garden Stage headliner.

Angel Olsen previously booked to play as headliner pre covid, solid chance to headline.

Feist, new LP due next year, previously headliner, good chance of playing.

Father John Misty, previous headliner, flips between eotr and Green Man..

Julia Jacklin- new LP out

Bill Callahan - touring, new LP out.

Dry Cleaning - new LP out.

Nation of Language.

Down the bill.

Haley Heynderickx, previously played eotr, 2nd LP I think is finally coming out next year? 

Tomberlin, from horses mouth "deffo playing UK festivals in 2023, couldn't in 2022 because of backlog of acts due to covid".

Plains (aka Jess Williamson and Katie Crutchfield new act), hits the c&w spot that Fat Buddha wanted.

Packs.

Snailmail.

Skirts. Yet to play in the UK.

Cloth, 2nd LP out next year (now on Mogwai label so expect more exposure).

Horsegirl, I loved their debut LP, only played a handful of tiny UK dates a few months back, although when I asked them they had no idea when they would be in the UK again..

Wild card act.

Neutral Milk Hotel - don't think it will happen, I've not heard anything about them playing since their last tour, what 7 years ago?

Bonnie Prince Billy. - don't think it will happen.

Kings of Convenience - don't really play festivals, certainly not in the UK.