All Points East 2023

gfa

8 minutes ago, maarrkk said:

There were pints too. Sorry just took a quick picture of that list outside one of the bars without really looking at what was on it. Maybe someone can get a different list from one or some of the other bars today?

I don’t see pints. I see the max size drink is a shameful 440ml.

13 hours ago, xxialac said:

I don’t see pints. I see the max size drink is a shameful 440ml.

think it's always been the case that most bars do cans but then there's a couple with massive queues that have taps etc

not ideal but also I've been every year and can't remember ever joining a queue for a drink

34 minutes ago, mynameismatt said:

think it's always been the case that most bars do cans but then there's a couple with massive queues that have taps etc

not ideal but also I've been every year and can't remember ever joining a queue for a drink

Been this way at most things (bar Wide Awake) that I’ve attended this year - it’s a real shame but clearly a cost-cutting/efficiency saving method 

1 hour ago, Dg_vic said:

That actually better than I thought they would. Jungle and Dermot Kennedy days will be incredibly light.  

Although not an exact science, the number of people who have scheduled to see acts through the app is an indicator of sales. The Dermot Kennedy day looks to be the worst by some margin. The Jungle day has double the number of schedules.

Based on this The Strokes day is going to be rammed I suspect (not surprising given it is a near Primaevra level line up).

Field Day was very busy but managed to get drinks with minimal queueing. Loads of talkers everywhere but just pushed past them until I found people who were into the music. Sound seemed good in most positions at the main stage but dodgy towards the back at the west and north stages. I wonder what local residents thought of Aphex Twin!

20 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Do we think The Strokes are gonna be touring next year still? Contemplating getting tickets, but it’s a 3 hour drive and not sure I can justify it if I can see them closer next year.

Hard to say for sure. If you check out the Strokes Reddit, people are pretty confident they have recorded their next album (with Rick Rubin again) but their touring schedules are a little all over the place even on a normal cycle. They often skip entire regions. They spent a lot of time on this cycle supporting the Red Hot Chili Peppers too, which makes it even harder to say if they'd do headline shows or where they'd be. 

I've missed them too many times so have bought tickets for this and they do seem to be enjoying themselves for the first time in a long time, so maybe they will come back next year... But I wouldn't be at all surprised if we didn't hear from them again for a few years too. 

So that's probably not at all helpful. 😂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Hard to say for sure. If you check out the Strokes Reddit, people are pretty confident they have recorded their next album (with Rick Rubin again) but their touring schedules are a little all over the place even on a normal cycle. They often skip entire regions. They spent a lot of time on this cycle supporting the Red Hot Chili Peppers too, which makes it even harder to say if they'd do headline shows or where they'd be. 

I've missed them too many times so have bought tickets for this and they do seem to be enjoying themselves for the first time in a long time, so maybe they will come back next year... But I wouldn't be at all surprised if we didn't hear from them again for a few years too. 

So that's probably not at all helpful. 😂

Nah this is actually helpful! Gonna leave it and keep fingers crossed!

edit - on an unrelated note, I missed both Blur and Pulp this year (due to varying factors), so thinking the same about those two. Hoping I can catch them both in future at some point, feeling a lot more hopefully about Blur than I am about Pulp though!

Edited by Jack.194

Mega thanks to @Joey01for the tickets for Field Day yesterday, it was a top day.  

Agree with the above that there were plenty of talkers, but I sort of expect that at a London dance festival, and it wasn't as bad as I expected tbh. Energy in the tent for Moderat was insane, and everyone was totally into it.  Sound was good I thought, although I didn't need earplugs so MAY be too quiet for those used to it being loud. 

£6.20 for a can of Red Stripe is pretty much what I'd expect for a London day out these days.  It's not great, but shouldn't be a surprise.  Cubicle toilets were a big issue (not enough), although I think this may be partly down to the amount of other shenanigans going on in toilets at dance festivals (which organisers STILL haven't factored into their plans). The toilets to the left of the North Arena tent were significantly quieter.   Food queues LONG, so plan ahead/eat early.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 1:23 PM, internetjef said:

440 is a big can size isn’t it. Handy if you can buy cans unopened as you can snag 3 before headliner and keep 2 in pocket. Seem to remember doing this for Foals a year or two back 

21 hours ago, Raspberry said:

Question for those onsite. Did they open the cans on purchase at the bars? They sometimes do this which is a pain as you end up spilling them or necking it before it goes flat & warm and abit ick 😞

People were going about with unopened cans

5 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

Do we think The Strokes are gonna be touring next year still? Contemplating getting tickets, but it’s a 3 hour drive and not sure I can justify it if I can see them closer next year.

Regardless of if they are or not its worth considering where they would play .. not sure which way you are but they only do festivals really. I think maybe Latitude is the main option which would be a bit nearer to you but nothing is properly standing out as obvious. Other wise IOW or something London i guess

I guess what i'm saying is they likely won't be much closer next year

• Thanks 1