All Points East 2023

gfa

31 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Perhaps I am showing my age but I had genuinely never heard of Dermot Kennedy. That is the first APE headliner I have ever said that about. 

I was going to say the same. I also had never heard of Jungle before. But it only shows my age and the fact that these acts are not normally headlining relevant festivals otherwise I think I would have noticed their names. I'm not complaining, I'm totally neutral about a band I've never heard about, which is better than a band I don't like!

5 minutes ago, emmanuel said:

I was going to say the same. I also had never heard of Jungle before. But it only shows my age and the fact that these acts are not normally headlining relevant festivals otherwise I think I would have noticed their names. I'm not complaining, I'm totally neutral about a band I've never heard about, which is better than a band I don't like!

Same. I don't have an opinion on someone I have never heard, but it does seem strange that I have never noticed him on a line-up before. I had actually heard of Jungle though! 

24 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Same. I don't have an opinion on someone I have never heard, but it does seem strange that I have never noticed him on a line-up before. I had actually heard of Jungle though! 

He's a lot bigger in Ireland, headlined Electric Picnic last year and doing 2 nights at Marlay Park this summer. Pretty weak booking for the UK, think there will be plenty of freebies/reduced tickets for him, Jungle and Haim.

1 hour ago, sadimmock said:

Perhaps I am showing my age but I had genuinely never heard of Dermot Kennedy. That is the first APE headliner I have ever said that about. 

He's one of those types who's risen without trace - two number one albums, the second as recently as November, plus pretty consistent top 20s and Radio 1 playlistings for the advance singles and an ongoing arena tour, yet I couldn't name anything he's done. Most importantly, as much as there'll doubtless be a lot of his enormous Irish following around I don't think a lot of the people looking out for APE announcements will know so the ticket market is essentially the people already seeing him at the O2 next week.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

He sold the most number of tickets for a gig at the Hydro which isn't bad going. Fuck knows how his other shows are going, but if they're doing as well as that, he's a considerably bigger name than Jungle. Tbf, he's probably a bigger name with even half that level.

On 4/4/2023 at 9:37 AM, ConfidenceMan said:

Are people underestimating Dermot Kennedy's popularity a little, maybe? I've no interest at all but the guy is pretty popular by most measures. He'll certainly sell better than Jungle and I wouldn't be stunned if it sold better than Haim either, especially as he's got the Sunday slot and they're Monday. 

Spotify listens aren't the most accurate metric but Dermot Kennedy has more monthly listens than any of the other headline acts. (14m for DK, 9m for Stormzy, 11m for the Strokes, 5m for Haim and 4.8m for Jungle) 

I haven't followed him much - what sort of venues does he play when he's in the UK? 

The bold is really not saying much

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

That's an awful lots of acts that are ok to share the stage with Arcade Fire, despite them supposedly being too toxic.

Well other bands and fans of other bands don't have to pay the price for this. It is not clear they knew. Personally I wouldn't support any festival organisation inviting them but people have a choice.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

That's an awful lots of acts that are ok to share the stage with Arcade Fire, despite them supposedly being too toxic.

presented by walmart ffs

they've got MIA too whos an anti vax nut

swear one of mumford was dodgy too? maybe got kicked out

something in the booker's water it seems lol

Edited by gfa
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, gfa said:

presented by walmart ffs

they've got MIA too whos an anti vax nut

swear one of mumford was dodgy too? maybe got kicked out

something in the booker's water it seems lol

I hear you but dodgy crypto promoter Luno (“Luno presents” ugh) is hardly any better than Walmart…

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I hear you but dodgy crypto promoter Luno (“Luno presents” ugh) is hardly any better than Walmart…

More was surprised that walmart would associate with Arcade Fire

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't paid much attention to this fest since the first year as I haven't been attending but can anyone tell me if we are likely to see additional supporting acts added each day? I'm happy with my lot on the Strokes day anyway, but just curious if there's likely to be many extra added before August. 

I get the vibe from this forum that it's a little hard to predict, based off our headliner guesses being quite a way wide of the mark! 

31 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

I haven't paid much attention to this fest since the first year as I haven't been attending but can anyone tell me if we are likely to see additional supporting acts added each day? I'm happy with my lot on the Strokes day anyway, but just curious if there's likely to be many extra added before August. 

I get the vibe from this forum that it's a little hard to predict, based off our headliner guesses being quite a way wide of the mark! 

theyll add some smaller bands for sure. Nothing major id have thought

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Tickets for Good are trailing APE tickets for later this week. Based on other festivals on their platform this year, this could be any combination of ballot, free tickets or discounted tickets. 

Anyone with an NHS email can sign up for TfG, and you will then need to join their members FB group for this offer. 

Theres been a good number of festival offers already, including Tramlines, Truck, Bluedot and others... plus theatre, sport, and other events. You can usually buy multiple tickets (2-6) to take friends or family with you. For freebies, there's a very small booking fee per ticket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sheffinghell said:

Tickets for Good are trailing APE tickets for later this week. Based on other festivals on their platform this year, this could be any combination of ballot, free tickets or discounted tickets. 

Anyone with an NHS email can sign up for TfG, and you will then need to join their members FB group for this offer. 

Theres been a good number of festival offers already, including Tramlines, Truck, Bluedot and others... plus theatre, sport, and other events. You can usually buy multiple tickets (2-6) to take friends or family with you. For freebies, there's a very small booking fee per ticket.

How much is the % off tickets like Bluedot/Track for example?

19 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

How much is the % off tickets like Bluedot/Track for example?

Bluedot is 50%, Secret Garden Party 40%, Live at Leeds is free atm

It varies according to what they can negotiate with organisers. Regular ballots, some free, some discounted. Also, quantity you can get also varies, probably depends how many tickets they need to shift for each event.

Note: the NHS email person must attend with any guests, and the tickets cannot be sold on.

Edited by sheffinghell
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, sheffinghell said:

Bluedot is 50%, Secret Garden Party 40%, Live at Leeds is free atm

It varies according to what they can negotiate with organisers. Regular ballots, some free, some discounted. Also, quantity you can get also varies, probably depends how many tickets they need to shift for each event.

Note: the NHS email person must attend with any guests, and the tickets cannot be sold on.

Just wondering how the cost of living payment people will work.  I get it as my daughter has a disability but as she’s under 16 it’s in my name.  

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Just wondering how the cost of living payment people will work.  I get it as my daughter has a disability but as she’s under 16 it’s in my name.  

Don't know anything about that one. TfG is for NHS staff/students. Good luck though! Guessing there may be other opportunities to pick up some bargains this year, as several events not sold out.

On 5/10/2023 at 3:08 PM, sheffinghell said:

Initial offer is a ballot, for any of the events - you can choose which ones you're interested in. Deadline is Monday. Other festivals have then tended to offer a discount after the ballot is done.

On 5/12/2023 at 5:59 PM, manchestermusicreview said:

Are we expecting more names soon? Would love to see The Walkman added for the Strokes day and they’ve got a gap in their schedule around then… 

Id love this. A day of the Walkmen, Amyl & the Sniffers, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and the Strokes would be a dream. 

I'm happy with my lot as it is, and I'd like to squeeze in Angel Olsen too, but I'm realistic about what I can achieve in a day now. 😂