Taylor swift

brettredmayne

Its really boring and repetitive. She needs to sack Jack Antonoff and inject some creativity into the next one.

Also, majority of it is about her relationship with Matt Healy from 1975? And she outed ex Joe Alwyn's clinical depression in the lyrics? Gross.

Edited by FrogLobster

Giving it a spin now, first song she appears to be pastiching LDR. Guess that's Antonoff's touch, but it's not been as explicit as this before, really.

10 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Giving it a spin now, first song she appears to be pastiching LDR. Guess that's Antonoff's touch, but it's not been as explicit as this before, really.

Yeah that was my initial thought too, sounds like a LDR cover. But then again I am a big Lana fan!

The first 3/4 songs are very poor/average imo and are just bad LDR/Lorde songs. 
It picks up after that. Despite the terrible song names, So Long, London and But Daddy I Love Him are both great and with time will climb up the favourite song rankings. 

56 minutes ago, crumbler said:

Hope she never makes it to the farm after cancelling last time. Her entire vibe is the antithesis of what Glasto is all about.

After cancelling in 2020?

Throwing shade at her for that is certainly an interesting take.

I'm also not a fan of how long this is. Respectfully, I don't need to listen to 31 tracks. Edit it down, give me your best work. There's probably a really good 12-14 track album in here, but it feels very watered down for the theatre of a surprise double album.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, crumbler said:

Hope she never makes it to the farm after cancelling last time. Her entire vibe is the antithesis of what Glasto is all about.

Bang on the money crumbler. She definitely should have ploughed on and illegally flew over during a lockdown to play Long Live to an empty Pyramid stage field outside of five cows.

• Like 1

I don’t know if it’s just a bit of an exhaustion from so many releases from her recently but this is a bit of a struggle to get through….not bad, but can’t see my self playing this in full too often 

18 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

I don’t know if it’s just a bit of an exhaustion from so many releases from her recently but this is a bit of a struggle to get through….not bad, but can’t see my self playing this in full too often 

It’s an absolute slog and I haven’t even got to the second disc yet. She very much needs to go away for a few years after she’s milked her fans dry with this release and tour.

1 hour ago, st dan said:

It’s good/fine.

Florida my clear favourite on first listen - mainly because it’s the only song that seems to has any real ‘oomph’ in it. 

Florence Welch coming in with that clutch-save! She really does show-up Taylor on that song in terms of vocal ability.

42 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

It’s an absolute slog and I haven’t even got to the second disc yet. She very much needs to go away for a few years after she’s milked her fans dry with this release and tour.

100% agree, and I’m one of those fans seeing her on tour.

I couldn’t finish it one go to be honest, got about half way through and will listen to the rest later

I follow a few people who are bigger fans than me on twitter so I'm seeing a lot of tweets in the general view of "can't believe Taylor dropped a double album with THIRTY ONE TRACKS and there's not a single skip". Each to their own, but I just can't get on board with that.

I quite liked the final 10 tracks. Reckon if she had just released those, with Florida, So Long London, The Black Dog and But Daddy I Love Him added in I'd have enjoyed this far more. But the overwhelming word I'd use to describe this is "slog" and that's not what you want.

On listen 4 now. There is some really good stuff in there, and as mentioned, it would have made for a great 13/14 song album, but this is just needlessly long and takes a lot of the gloss off it as a whole for me. 

Even the world’s biggest Swifties didn't want or need a 31 song, 2+ hour release, given she’s already put out 4 albums in the past 5 years. 

Just now, st dan said:

On listen 4 now. There is some really good stuff in there, and as mentioned, it would have made for a great 13/14 song album, but this is just needlessly long and takes a lot of the gloss off it as a whole for me. 

Even the world’s biggest Swifties didn't want or need a 31 song, 2+ hour release, given she’s already put out 4 albums in the past 5 years. 

Nah they lap it up I think