Taylor swift

brettredmayne

Hands down the cultural phenomenon of our age. Glastonbury should move heaven and earth to get her. Would undoubtedly be the most important booking in the history of the festival. Slightly above Orbital in 94 and Radiohead 97. A cultural force at the height of their powers. Not a legacy act (and thank f**k for that - we don't need any more hoary old acts headlining who wouldn't have given the festival the time of day 30 years ago), but both hugely commercially and critically successful. Exactly 100% what the festival should be about. Worth a million Fleetwood Macs/|Springsteens/Pearl Jams whoever.

A banal observation, maybe,,but no less true for that.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Hands down the cultural phenomenon of our age. Glastonbury should move heaven and earth to get her. Would undoubtedly be the most important booking in the history of the festival. Slightly above Orbital in 94 and Radiohead 97. A cultural force at the height of their powers. Not a legacy act (and thank f**k for that - we don't need any more hoary old acts headlining who wouldn't have given the festival the time of day 30 years ago), but both hugely commercially and critically successful. Exactly 100% what the festival should be about. Worth a million Fleetwood Macs/|Springsteens/Pearl Jams whoever.

Pretty sure that at this point it won't be a case of Glastonbury making a hard sell to get her - they already did get her, and so by this point she'll know exactly what the Festival is and will have an open invitation to return whenever she feels like it.

The biggest consideration is going to be what she's doing, and whether she feels like Glastonbury fits in with that. When she was touring Lover, she was clearly going for a summer/festival vibe and so headlining the most recognisable Festival stage on the planet was a natural fit. It feels like she's decided that on this go around, with a highly choreographed show designed around custom staging (and lets face it, selling insane numbers of tickets everywhere she goes) that it's not the right time to take time out to do something different in the middle of it.

Think the festival are just going to have to wait and see what she wants to do next - I'm confident that it'll happen eventually, but it might take a few years yet. My guess is that when it does happen, it'll be one of a smaller number of select shows rather than part of a mega tour.

Still a chance she designs a festival-friendly version of the show for Coachella next year. If that happens, and she extends the tour into early 2025 with dates in the places she has ignored so far like Africa and New Zealand, then Glastonbury 2025 is still on the table. But realistically it does feel like 2026 for her now, if there’s even a fest that year. 

1 hour ago, fred quimby said:

2 variants already sold out.

Glad I got them when I did! Don’t appear to be be being restocked. I have a feeling she will release a Rose Garden/Aquamarine/Sunrise Boulevard vinyl when the timer on her site ends on Sunday(?). All sold out in the US too!

Edited by ls2408

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Still a chance she designs a festival-friendly version of the show for Coachella next year. If that happens, and she extends the tour into early 2025 with dates in the places she has ignored so far like Africa and New Zealand, then Glastonbury 2025 is still on the table. But realistically it does feel like 2026 for her now, if there’s even a fest that year. 

I genuinely think at this point, it'll be next album tour.

23 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

State of Grace and The Lakes personally 

f**k yeah.

Love these two, they've both got prominent place in our wedding playlist. So does Ivy.

I'll take whatever she's giving us, but State Of Grace and Ivy would be the dream two, The Lakes would be a close third.

If / when she rocks up at the G I'm leaning more and more towards going to see her now.  I've never been dismissive of her, but equally based on what I'd heard I had her marked down as impressive but not for me. Had a proper listen to Midnights when I went out for a run the other day and hot damn there's some good stuff on there. Mastermind and Anti-Hero are bloody good. Rethinking a bit!

25 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I genuinely think at this point, it'll be next album tour.

Yep. A big long break after Eras wraps, then a new album in Autumn 2025 to be toured through 2026. 

12 minutes ago, Amy Lawn said:

f**k yeah.

Love these two, they've both got prominent place in our wedding playlist. So does Ivy.

Matchy matchy 🙂 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mardy said:

I honestly thought it would be next year until the tour dates were announced, especially after the 2020 cancellation.  Hopefully it’s very much in her mind to one day, sooner rather than later, fulfil the booking. 

3 hours ago, ls2408 said:

A few rumours, but nothing verified yet, that Taylor will play Vancouver in 2025. So she will still be on the road and available to Glasto potentially…

There will be a difference though in still being on the road and playing where you haven't, and rocking up at Glastonbury in the 3rd year after you have done 16 show, 13 of which being main land in the UK the year before. It's not out of the question but I don't think they will have her 3rd year on the same album. Coldplay are releasing more material so them playing net year is different and makes sense with them due to play Wembley again in 25. Ultimately I could be wrong, and they go and book Fender and Taylor.

17 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

It’s the biggest tour of all time, by anyone, ever. They’d have her play all three nights if she wanted to.

It may come down to her doing it in 25 at the end of the tour just for them to get her. But after doing the tour she has, where else could she go? It's literally by process of elimination, and even then I reckon she would stick BST dates in or something too. 

My wife and her sister are huge Swift fans (been to her last 5 tours).

We got tickets to one of the Dublin dates and I am down as the lead booker.

I had always planned to get myself a ticket as a back-up if I can't get Glastonbury tickets (the TS concert is the Glastonbury Saturday) - but now I'm worried that Ticketmaster/the promoter have since introduced that the lead booker has to attend (they've said don't buy tickets as gifts, etc for this reason).

This was introduced after the sale - surely this won't be enforced?

I'm terrified that I get lucky in the Glastonbury sale and I sell my ticket to a family member and then none of my allocation of 4 can enter as I wont be there...

1 hour ago, northernringo said:

My wife and her sister are huge Swift fans (been to her last 5 tours).

We got tickets to one of the Dublin dates and I am down as the lead booker.

I had always planned to get myself a ticket as a back-up if I can't get Glastonbury tickets (the TS concert is the Glastonbury Saturday) - but now I'm worried that Ticketmaster/the promoter have since introduced that the lead booker has to attend (they've said don't buy tickets as gifts, etc for this reason).

This was introduced after the sale - surely this won't be enforced?

I'm terrified that I get lucky in the Glastonbury sale and I sell my ticket to a family member and then none of my allocation of 4 can enter as I wont be there...

\they changed that for the UK and Ireland events. You're fine. I'm transferring two to friends when they open it up on the app.

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/articles/16288112228497-Taylor-Swift-The-Eras-Tour

Can I transfer my tickets?

In addition to the official resale facilities, fans will also be able to transfer their tickets via their approved ticket agent’s app or website, to share tickets with friends and family who are also attending the concert.

Ticket transfer will be made available much closer to the date of the shows and fans will be notified by email when ticket transfer is available.

Fans will then be able transfer all of their tickets, including the lead booker ticket.

• Like 1

Hi all, I have VIP floor tickets for Lyon on 2 June that I'm looking to exchange on the day with someone in person! I'm now going with my husband, who doesn't like the idea of standing for 3 hours :) Ideally the seats would be in the 100s. If you're interested, send me a message to discuss! 

On 8/12/2023 at 6:26 AM, northernangel said:

There will be a difference though in still being on the road and playing where you haven't, and rocking up at Glastonbury in the 3rd year after you have done 16 show, 13 of which being main land in the UK the year before. It's not out of the question but I don't think they will have her 3rd year on the same album. Coldplay are releasing more material so them playing net year is different and makes sense with them due to play Wembley again in 25. Ultimately I could be wrong, and they go and book Fender and Taylor.

So why did they get Elton 5 years into his tour lol. Either she chooses to do it with this tour cycle or its the first thing whenever a new album comes out. But of course would the festival just block out 3 1/2 hours for her if its for Eras.