ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

Oh man. It's the first time since we had our kids that we have decided to head back (it's been about 10 years 😥) and I LEGIT forgot the anxiety of trying to get tickets. Like even now, I'm sat here... days away and my leg is going. And the thing is, if we don't go it's absolutely fine... but the nerves!?! The FOMO!!! Anyway, just wanted to drop in and say best of luck to everybody. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sorry to come across as a luddite.... but how exactly do you set up an auto refresh on your phone or laptop?

Is it an app?

Also, if it auto refreshes and you get through to the next screen will it keep on refreshing meaning that you'll end up losing where you'd got to (if that makes any sense?)

1 hour ago, Chef said:

Exactly the same here. Trying to take some positives for Sunday in that I got past the reg page at least. What's the general consensus in these situations where you are making progress but then hit a hurdle? (1) refresh? (2) hit 'back' one page and go again from there? (3) back to the start completely?

Yeah that's true. I've had plenty of sales in the past where I didn't even get the reg page. I tried both last night, refreshing and going back but I always just got a red note saying tickets had been allocated or something.

Had a nightmare trying to enter details yesterday. Is there an an autofill extension that works well on laptop and mobile? Thought I saw one being discussed earlier but I can't find the info now in all the posts. I did fill in the link to the reg page we had a week or so ago but in my panic, I'm not sure if it even worked plus i was trying for other people so their details will now all be saved along with my group of 6 so I won't know what's what on Sunday.  Did that page end up working for others? If so, does anyone know how to clear the other info so just my own group of 6's numbers will autofill, or is it better to go with an extension? Thanks

26 minutes ago, WhatADin said:

Oh man. It's the first time since we had our kids that we have decided to head back (it's been about 10 years 😥) and I LEGIT forgot the anxiety of trying to get tickets. Like even now, I'm sat here... days away and my leg is going. And the thing is, if we don't go it's absolutely fine... but the nerves!?! The FOMO!!! Anyway, just wanted to drop in and say best of luck to everybody. 🙂

I’ve currently got the same fxxxxd up leg 😣🦵 

3 minutes ago, CJB said:

Hearing all these stories about people trying to process payment for their tickets and the 3d secure messing it up is making me nervous.  I bank with Monzo and pretty much always have to approve any transaction I make online. 

Me too! I nearly lost a christmas food delivery slot because my phone was in "sleep" mode and the pop up for Monzo wouldn't come through. It does seem to be more seamless than say Nationwide etc though.

15 hours ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

Lots of long term regulars missed out this year.

That's what happens when you book shite mainstream pop acts, you get the whole party in the park NPC crowd going to take photos for their instagrams

I used to be with ‘it’, but then they changed what ‘it’ was. Now what I’m with isn’t ‘it’ anymore and what’s ‘it’ seems weird and scary.

297.png

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

13 hours ago, Pipine said:

The Wednesday coach link posted on here this week worked dead on 6pm for me, just luck I guess, using chrome with just one tab open.  I was stunned to see it appear so quickly!  This is after years of never seeing the booking page.  

This this send you straight through to the booking page ?

41 minutes ago, sfroml said:

Sorry to come across as a luddite.... but how exactly do you set up an auto refresh on your phone or laptop?

Is it an app?

Also, if it auto refreshes and you get through to the next screen will it keep on refreshing meaning that you'll end up losing where you'd got to (if that makes any sense?)

There are Autorefresh plugins for most browsers - you install them from the browser's plugin 'marketplace'. You'd need a specific one for each browser type (Chrome, Firefox, Edge etc.)

I haven't seen this personally, but the received wisdom (parsonjack, whom I trust completely!) is that if it autorefreshes on the actual booking page then it will simply refresh that actual page, so you don't lose it

That said, some people are using an Autorefresh that looks for specified text appearing, or disappearing, so that it stops refreshing once that text appears, or goes, depending on how you set it up

48 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Essentially....but it's more accurate to regard it as no more than 60/minute.  You could choose to use all your 60 'hits' in the first 20 seconds....but then you'd need to wait 40 seconds before going again to be sure of not triggering the limit.

Morning, is the 60/minute limit a definite fact or an educated guess?

11 minutes ago, billum said:

I haven't seen this personally, but the received wisdom (parsonjack, whom I trust completely!) is that if it autorefreshes on the actual booking page then it will simply refresh that actual page, so you don't lose it

I can vouch for this - tried it last night

To be clear, I F5'd the booking page and it just refreshed that page.

I'd assume an autofresh program would do the same

4 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Did people start clicking the Wednesday/Thursday links before 6pm? We waited until exactly 6pm and did not even get in a queue on 4 devices!!!

You need to refresh the page at 6pm for the links to become active to then click on. 

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales