ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

48 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

More likely dropped accidentally as punters struggle with their tents and back packs, trying to get their tickets safely back into their pockets, joining the rush to get a good pitch in their preferred ground etc etc😊.  All this whilst holding the programme. 

Quite a few don't bother taking them in the first place. 

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

It looks like it's deliberate as they can be found on the ground just inside the pedestrian gates.

This is how the crew tend to get hold of programmes.

When I’m working on the gate if anyone comes to me and says “I didn’t get a programme on the way in” I give them one. It’s all about customer experience. I’m sure I’ve ended up handing them to crew this way but I’m not going to interrogate people trying to get a programme. 

Edited by March Hare
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, March Hare said:

When I’m working on the gate if anyone comes to me and says “I didn’t get a programme on the way in” I give them one. It’s all about customer experience. I’m sure I’ve ended up handing them to crew this way but I’m not going to interrogate people trying to get a programme. 

Good egg

55 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Prices have almost always increased above inflation so proportionately it's more expensive now. 

Edit just checked: 42% inflation since 2004, ticket price up 154%.

We also have had had new areas, new stages etc since 2004. The area of the park is huge and in 2004 we didn’t have shangrila block 9 etc as we still just had lost vaugness .

don’t think inflation is an easy thing to judge on a Glastonbury ticket

Edited by brettredmayne
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

We also have had had new areas, new stages etc since 2004. The area of the park is huge and in 2004 we didn’t have shangrila block 9 etc as we still just had lost vaugness .

don’t think inflation is an easy thing to judge on a Glastonbury ticket

Value for money is different in terms of what you get for that. 

22 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Good point. 

Gap from announcement until coach sale:

2020 - 16 days

2019 - 17

2017 - 24

2016 - 13 

2015 - 14

2014 - 17

We're now 15 days away from most probable coach sale date.

2016 was the last time the coach sale was on the 6th Oct so this suggests the announcement was on the 23rd - tomorrow's date. 

Interestingly, my diary show that in 2010 the main sale was on 3rd October. That would have meant coach sale was in September. Or was there no separate coach sale at that time?

2 hours ago, March Hare said:

Can we get our crisps back as well, please? 😉

4 minutes ago, Mackem said:

Interestingly, my diary show that in 2010 the main sale was on 3rd October. That would have meant coach sale was in September. Or was there no separate coach sale at that time?

Coaches used to go on sale at the same time as the general sale.

Can someone confirm or not that if we buy coach tickets, the time of pick up/transport is totally random and you can get stiffed with a time at the end of the day? E.g. if I buy a Wednesday coach package from Bristol, I might be left with an 10 pm slot, arriving on site around midnight/basically Thursday?

4 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Can someone confirm or not that if we buy coach tickets, the time of pick up/transport is totally random and you can get stiffed with a time at the end of the day? E.g. if I buy a Wednesday coach package from Bristol, I might be left with an 10 pm slot, arriving on site around midnight/basically Thursday?

Bristol and London you can choose, everywhere else you have what you are given.

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

it seems to me that the earlier you get inn the earlier you get the bus ..... the main sales have an advantage in that you get allocated an earlier bus than the resales ..... however you can select a time for Bristol departure 

5 minutes ago, incident said:

Coaches used to go on sale at the same time as the general sale.

Actually - looking back at news articles, as best I can tell in 2010 at least coaches weren't on sale in October 2009 at all, they didn't get released until the resale in April (when they were indeed at the same time as General). And they only had 7 departure points that year.

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

Bristol and London you can choose, everywhere else you have what you are given.

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

it seems to me that the earlier you get inn the earlier you get the bus ..... the main sales have an advantage in that you get allocated an earlier bus than the resales ..... however you can select a time for Bristol departure 

Many thanks, cheers Jass n Fool! 

5 minutes ago, incident said:

Actually - looking back at news articles, as best I can tell in 2010 at least coaches weren't on sale in October 2009 at all, they didn't get released until the resale in April (when they were indeed at the same time as General). And they only had 7 departure points that year.

A friend of mine ended up on a Thursday coach ticket for the 2011 festival (Oct 2010 sale) as by the time he got through it was all that was left.  This was on the same day as the GA tickets went on sale. 

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales