ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

2 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Something changed at See's end mid-sale.

At 1803 DNS was resolving to 5 servers on 31.x.x.x IPs.......at 1829 DNS was resolving to 5 servers on 167.x.x.x IP's.

I didn't check when they changed as I was too busy mashing F5 but it's *possible* that they had big issues and failed over to a separate platform to fix it.

*If* that was the case then a lot of us may have been stuck with DNS cache pointing to the 'failed' IPs....at least until they timed out or were flushed manually.

Just a theory...but something odd did happen.

DNS now has them back on the 31.x.x.x IPs as at the start.

I had the start screen up before 18:00 but from 18:00 everything crashed until about 18:10 then I got the holding screen.

16 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

My mate got in, put our groups details in, selected the coach time, I then approved it in my banking app, but then it didn't process the payment. Motherfucker.

Exactly the same here. Was in 6:04, details entered, coach selected, tickets held, card accepted, authorised payment straight away on bank app, then sat and looked at the "processing payment " message as the 5 minute counter went down to 0. 

7 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

At 1803 DNS was resolving to 5 servers on 31.x.x.x IPs.......at 1829 DNS was resolving to 5 servers on 167.x.x.x IP's.

I didn't check when they changed as I was too busy mashing F5 but it's *possible* that they had big issues and failed over to a separate platform to fix it.

*If* that was the case then a lot of us may have been stuck with DNS cache pointing to the 'failed' IPs....at least until they timed out or were flushed manually.

It may have been deliberate to shift the sale to different servers.

It shouldn’t have made too much difference though as the TTL (time to live) on the old ones was 180s (which they’d increased from 60s a few days ago). They’d be refreshed for everyone within 3 minutes.

1 minute ago, Stanton said:

Exactly the same here. Was in 6:04, details entered, coach selected, tickets held, card accepted, authorised payment straight away on bank app, then sat and looked at the "processing payment " message as the 5 minute counter went down to 0. 

This is exactly what happened to my mate. Was on the phone to her. Just ticked down to 0 whilst processing payment and they disappeared. 

10 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Is it better to smash F5 yourself or just wait for the ticket page to refresh on your behalf? I thought I'd be put to the back of a queue for refreshing myself. I know the square root of feck all about IT.

1 minute ago, charlie.light said:

Had a mixture, the one which kept getting through was 0.1 seconds and also got in on 1 second too. This was after 8 minutes of nothing! Keyword was holding but tbf I need to change that as I had to manually stop the refreshing once got through 

Bizarre, I thought a frequency of less than one per second causes your session to be blocked. Maybe they’ve changed that. 

19 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

Oh no - I thought they switched that approval nonsense off for Glastonbury ticket sales? Worrying now about Sunday, as my credit card app is unreliable. Also wastes precious seconds. Can’t anyone who got tickets tonight confirm?

Its a legal requirement. I suggest getting a revolut card, its virtual so you will have it in time 🙂

13 minutes ago, Bruceyy said:

Got through at 6.07pm, into coach selection at 6.09pm, every option I chose from there gave me another error though, incredibly annoying. Not sure if being in a smaller group would've been easier (group of 5)? 
Or selecting somewhere that's not-London to go from, where there's no messing about with choosing a coach time.

Same timings as you. Group of 2. Didn't look close to London. Never got a sniff.

3 minutes ago, t0paz said:

It may have been deliberate to shift the sale to different servers.

It shouldn’t have made too much difference though as the TTL (time to live) on the old ones was 180s (which they’d increased from 60s a few days ago). They’d be refreshed for everyone within 3 minutes.

They def shifted the sale to a different rig after it commenced....so speculating due to an issue.  True ref the TTL though....although spotting it immediately and flushing your cache might have given you an advantage over for them to time out.

14 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Yep, very odd. I had 7 different browsers refreshing and none would finish loading for 6 or 7 minutes, then they failed and asked to be reloaded. Then at about 6:08 they alls tarted removing themselves. But some people were clearly helping themselves during that time so can't have been refreshing the same thing that my browsers were?

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales